It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Photos: PETA's Secret Slaughter of Kittens, Puppies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WARNING: If you click on the link to the Huffington Post article .. you will see pictures of kittens and puppies that have died through PETA. They are very disturbing pictures ....

Huffington Post

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is an organization that publicly claims to represent the best interest of animals -- indeed their "ethical treatment." Yet approximately 2,000 animals pass through PETA's front door every year and very few make it out alive. The vast majority -- 96 percent in 2011 -- exit the facility out the back door after they have been killed, when Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater stops by on their regular visits to pick up their remains. Between these visits, the bodies are stored in the giant walk-in freezer PETA installed for this very purpose. It is a freezer that cost $9,370 and, like the company which incinerates the bodies of PETA's victims, was paid for with the donations of animal lovers who could never have imagined that the money they donated to help animals would be used to end their lives instead. In fact, in the last 11 years, PETA has killed 29,426 dogs, cats, rabbits, and other domestic animals.

More indepth info at the Huffington Post article.

I understand that the ethical treatment of animals sometimes means that they have to be 'put to sleep to stop their suffering'. I understand that there are huge numbers of cats and dogs that are mistreated and are left to fend for themselves so many have to be put down in order to keep the population under control. But honestly .. the pictures in this article don't look like the kittens and puppies were gently put down.

Either PETA is misleading the public about being 'helping the animals' in order to get their donation money ... or these horrid scences are not common occurances ... or the person who wrote this article is full of hooooey and PETA will soon be suing him for slander.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Never liked them...any group that will attack a human while going on about decent treatment to animals forget that we too are animals.

These guys woke me up to PETA.

Warning a odd bit of swearing here.

If you want to give money to a decent animal charity find one that do not destroy the likkle guys.

Pure money making scam.

Oh S&F chickadee

edit on 7-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
""
I understand that the ethical treatment of animals sometimes means that they have to be 'put to sleep to stop their suffering'.
""

This might be the case, but from what I read on several pages now (after I clicked on your link) is that they presume it to be "humane" to collect what they consider "feral" cats and kill them. Those cats are not "suffering" or sick, they are killed simply because they are "feral" cats. (On other words: abandoned or stray cats living on the streets)

It's also striking that the founder (!) of this so called "Animal Right's Group" states on that card "We do not advocate a right to live for animals"

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We just discussed this about 2 weeks ago, and also apparently we discuss this bi-annually.

Peta kills 1,600 yearly

Add, sorry man not trying to steal your thunder, there are plenty of stars and flags to go around.

s n f for support.

edit on 7-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am not shocked nor surprised. I know just how crooked, sick and twisted PeTA is.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As well..... ever wonder why the "e" in PeTA is not capitalized? Because there is NOTHING ethical about that organization.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am just glad PETA is not very active here in Europe, that's probably a reason stray cats out on the streets here in Spain are doing relatively fine and live for many years.

We ourselves own a bunch of cats, they spend 80% of their time outside. But there is also tons of strays and they seem to do fine, even living in the midst of a smaller city. It makes me actually feel more at ease to see those cats doing ok, even over several years, which is an indication that our own cats are not at risk either if they're outside. (In other words: We know there are no crazy cat killers roaming around)

If we had PETA, they would probably already have gone through the towns and killed all of them on their "humane" mission. Sick bastards.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
PETA in it's infancy...was started by a small group of political animal activists. The key word being political.

PETA has now grown up to be a major Political Bully. It's only goal is power and money...

Being humane towards animals, is the farthest thing from their agenda. Using the facade of being a humane organization, brings a lot of money through the doors of PETA.

Des

edit on 7-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, if they can't afford to house them (Very expensive) they why don't they just let the animals go? They value animal life over life of humans right? Let them spread disease.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
PETA do get a bad rap most the time.. but i think they do more good than harm, if killing those animals is the only ethical thing to do, than that is why they have been put down, most likely.. if rehoming them was an option than it would be the one they would use..

smile..

i dont work for PETA.. ha..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Never liked them...any group that will attack a human while going on about decent treatment to animals forget that we too are animals.

These guys woke me up to PETA.

Warning a odd bit of swearing here.

If you want to give money to a decent animal charity find one that do not destroy the likkle guys.

Pure money making scam.

Oh S&F chickadee

edit on 7-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting the vid boymonkey. Love Penn & Teller. That was a particularly good episode.

And thanks for bringing this up again OP. I have always been wary of PETA. Even back in my highschool days when it seemed more popular among that generation. Now, it's just getting sadder and not to mention much more revealing of their true colors.

I've always been for good treatment of animals but they take it to some truly extreme and hypocrytical levels.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
As with any large organization, there are always flaws, mistakes and internal corruption.

But in PETA's defense they do raise awareness and expose a lot of animal abuse in the food, farming, pet and fur industries.

It is beneficial to the public that animals raised for human consumption are not living in their own feces.

If you knew a meat company was treating the animals that end up on your plate very badly. Would you still want to give them your business? Would that Thanksgiving turkey still have the same appeal?

PETA Turkey Farms Investigation

If you knew your new puppy came from a mill where it's mother was kept in a cage so small it could not even turn around and it's feet has sores from standing on a wire mesh. Would you still give them your business?

Undercover Puppy Mill Investigation

If you knew that the fur coat you just bought came from an animal that was skinned alive. Would you care? Would you still purchase fur products anyway?

Olivia Munn Dishes on Fur-Farm Horrors

We all know that animals get euthanized. It happens at shelters, humane societies, the SPCA, animal hospitals, etc... PETA obviously isn't perfect and never claimed they were able to save every animal.

Animals are still categorized as property in the USA. It's difficult to protect and prevent animal abuse. Ask any animal control officer or just watch "animal cops" on TV. First time offenders are often just given a warning or a small fine and repeat offenders are even allowed to regain ownership of their "property".

I think the job that PETA does to raise awareness about commercial industries that abuse animals deserves praise. There are not that many organizations out there protecting animals and local governments can not provide funding for sufficient investigations.

It's up to us, the consumer, whether we are willing to support these industries that abuse animals or not. The first step is in raising awareness that the abuse is occurring. Don't be fooled by well paid industrial propaganda.

Do you want to eat cows, chickens and pigs raised in their own feces? I sure don't.

PS: Penn and Teller are paid shill douche bags.
edit on 8-4-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Instead of giving money to big charities give it to shelters around you're community. And adopt. Adoption centers even get kittens and puppies in and its much cheaper. You get a friend for life, you know for sure you're money is going to an animal, and you skip the breeding centers.
edit on 8-4-2013 by NorthBlizzard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If everything in that article is true...they should be shut down.

To take in millions of dollars, posing as a shelter to only kill the animals and treat them so horribly is a compelte scam. If PETA were limited to the pro-active 'awareness' programs, and only solicited such funds, than I might agree that they do more good than harm. BUT..they cross a line when they open these 'shelters' and pretend to be protecting, helping and adopting them out when it is anything BUT. They are obviously using their name and public impression to make more money...at the expense of these poor animals.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
Instead of giving money to big charities give it to shelters around you're community. And adopt. Adoption centers even get kittens and puppies in and its much cheaper. You get a friend for life, you know for sure you're money is going to an animal, and you skip the breeding centers.
edit on 8-4-2013 by NorthBlizzard because: (no reason given)

We give dog/cat food to our local animal shelter. That way they can't use any money we might have given them for frivolous stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A quick death as early as possible

sure beats a lifetime of pain & misery only to be faced with the same euthanasia later on after reproducing

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I understand there are population problems with these animals, but starvation and dehydration is not the humane thing to do. Nothing should die that way especially with all the money these people get. All donations need to stop and this story needs real national attention. Give your money to no kill shelters with people that actually want to help these animals.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'd also like to state that shelters are needed to pick up stray dogs and cats because if they are not picked up the streets literally become infested with them and they can very easily carry disease like rabies and others. Stray dogs, especially more aggressive breeds, love to attack people... and then get put down anyway. I'm not saying the solution is to kill them (unless they already have a disease or are in pain), but there is a need for this type of thing. I think PETA is just going overboard here killing anything that walks through the front door and this does deserve national news.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Bioshock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
PeTA is a freaking joke!
How come a local vet, in a small town nearby, can afford to "trap" cats that he see's on the street several nights in a row, spay or neuter them, then release them, but they can't, with the millions they receive?

Pretty simple, wouldn't you think?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
from what I read on several pages now (after I clicked on your link) is that they presume it to be "humane" to collect what they consider "feral" cats and kill them. Those cats are not "suffering" or sick, they are killed simply because they are "feral" cats.

VERY TRUE. Feral doesn't necessarily mean 'suffering'.

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
Instead of giving money to big charities give it to shelters around you're community. And adopt.

Awesome advice. We rescued a one year old beagle. VERY glad we did!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join