It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican government seals cartel information for twelve years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Mexican government seals cartel information for twelve years

www.borderlandbeat.com

Proceso (4-7-2013)

Translated by un vato for Borderland Beat

MEXICO, DF. (proceso.com.mx).--The Mexican Office of Attorney General (PGR: Procuraduria General de la Republica) has decided to restrict official reports about organized crime in the country for 12 years, such as the number of cartels, their names and their areas of operation.

The agency headed by Jesus Murillo Karam argues that disclosure of these facts would affect law enforcement strategies (used) to fight organized crime and would, in addition, even risk the lives of criminals themselves, according to Reforma (journal).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So Mexico's answer to the drug war they have been fighting since 2006. Over 50,000 dead in 6 years according to this article from May 2012. www.theatlantic.com...

And the answer is? Seal the records of the drug cartels because it puts them at risk of being killed. I wonder what drug cartel Jesus Murillo Karam is working for?

www.borderlandbeat.com

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Explanation: S&F!

:shk: ... OBSCENELY DISGUSTING!

Personal Disclosure: I bet it is because they have the USA Federal Government now listed as a drug cartel since the Epic Fail of the Fast and Furious Scandal and Mexico can't afford to offend or finger its nearest financial neighbour/customer.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I wonder what drug cartel Jesus Murillo Karam is working for?

You don't think it's coincidence that Baby W Bush was Governor of Texas do you? Or that Fast and Furious was really about arming one Cartel over others to create a super cartel? Poppy
ironically named" Bush has been one of the biggest drug dealers around. Yep, this is really about protecting guilty people, much like sealing the JFK assasination files.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
FFS what is this?

disclosure of these facts would affect law enforcement strategies (used) to fight organized crime and would, in addition, even risk the lives of criminals themselves,

affect law enforcement strategies? what strategy is that? Not doing anything? They'd probably be forced to do something, when everyone knows that they know EVERYTHING about these cartels.

and risk the lives of the criminals themselves....well it can't get any clearer now where their priorities lie.

Obvious conspiracy is obvious.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We could get rid of plant-derived drugs almost overnight. A selective pathogen (fungus, virus, bacteria) that only kills certain plant could be sprayed, carried by indigenous insects, put in the water, in fertilizers and could end the drug trade for a long time. BUT as we have found out, it is the money that matters most, the crime is a side-effect of keeping the drug trade illegal which is needed to keep it profitable.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
IMHO, this move certainly seems counter productive.

I have an idea for a strategy.

There should be a database and website open to the public that has all the information regarding known members of cartels, arrest records and so forth. Then advertise the site on billboards, using mugshots of known cartel members that have been arrested in those specific areas. The signs could even be tacky with a slogan like "Meet The Cartel", lets just call it meetthecartel.com lol. Granted, I haven't thought this one through all that much... but I would think that taking this direction is better than just sealing away documents for 12 years.

The Mexican government doing this, to me, implies that it's even more corrupt than ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Is it possible that the US requested the Mexicans to seal the cartel information to protect some high level Americans from being implicated in Mexican drug running?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
How are they not in bed with these guys?

We're all just suppose to swallow this? I feel for the citizens of Mexico, the level of corruption is beyond disgusting. Even more disgusting is knowing my govt has its hands dirty dealing with the cartels as well.

If they didn't want the drugs to get into America, they wouldn't get in. Just because some jackwagon says oh it's sealed for 12 yrs can't they depose these mofos and be like open sez me?

I'm sure it's damaging to a lot of ultra wealthy of mexico (ahem carlos slim ahem)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Remember when HSBC became the "preferred" bank for Mexican drug cartels? Perhaps sealing away these names is a way to safeguard their networking ties to Americans with business-interests that need protecting.
edit on 7-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Personal Disclosure: I bet it is because they have the USA Federal Government now listed as a drug cartel ...

And of course the American people listed as the buyers.

From a law enforcement point of view, I'm sure some Mexicans would like the USA to sink under the sea.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The drug war was lost a long time ago. The answer is to legalize, educate and rehabilitate.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They could destroy the cartels in 12 months with that information public,
but there goes all their secret secondary funds.

I can see their worry, you'd have ultra-violent militias rising up within hours of that info out.

Mexico would be in complete chaos as the battles would rage virtually everywhere.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000
We could get rid of plant-derived drugs almost overnight. A selective pathogen (fungus, virus, bacteria) that only kills certain plant could be sprayed, carried by indigenous insects, put in the water, in fertilizers and could end the drug trade for a long time. BUT as we have found out, it is the money that matters most, the crime is a side-effect of keeping the drug trade illegal which is needed to keep it profitable.

I dont think thats the answer, as long as there is a demand for drugs, theyll make em. And otherwise people will just take a substitute.

Best way to solve the Mexican drug problem and drug problems in general is to legalize the most demanded drugs. And no you wont get a country full of junkies, Holland has proven that.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Denise Maerker: "In Mexico, there are those who propose not keeping going with this battle and legalize drug trafficking and consumption. What is your opinion?"

Hillary Clinton: "I don't think that will work. I mean, I hear the same debate. I hear it in my country. It is not likely to work. There is just too much money in it, and I don't think that—you can legalize small amounts for possession, but those who are making so much money selling, they have to be stopped."

Yeah, "stopped", as if the 30+ years of authoritarian, drug enforcement policy has worked. No lessons learned from the alcohol prohibition days and the rise of the italian mob. Hell, who am I kidding here? Both parties, repubs and dems are in collussion, as always, profiting themselves and their corporate/banking masters from the misery of millions. They keep us divided with simple social issues, which they give a rat's butt about, while they vote as one block on the really serious stuff. I swear, where is Robespierre when you need him?!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It would be interesting to find if the sealing of these records have to do with the secret bank accounts that have been exposed. I wonder if they are trying to dodge the bullet by making the cartel names disappear for when the secret bank accounts and names come out.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I expect those sealed records would have a surprisingly large number of non Spanish-sounding names on it. Can anyone here name any American drug kingpins? Or are they all merely customers?

Fight the Drug War to control illicit drug traffic. Or just say NO!

edit on 7-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Hillary Clinton: "I don't think that will work. I mean, I hear the same debate. I hear it in my country. It is not likely to work. There is just too much money in it ....

Quoting Hillary about drugs is just too funny. Especially given Wild Bill's very-well documented history at Mena, Arkansas.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

. I wonder what drug cartel Jesus Murillo Karam is working for?

www.borderlandbeat.com

There called the C.I.A.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000

Except when you do that humans have a nasty habit of ignoring unintended consequences. Killing this plant causes less competition for that plant, etc etc.

Don't punish nature on account of man's greed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join