It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting! The Royal Bank of Canada punches all Canadians in the face.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's not often that I am lost for words, but this really blows my mind, in what is a deliberate, and supremely greedy and insensitive action, and a new low in job outsourcing by the most evil and callous institution on earth.

There exists a Canadian program to bring in skilled workers to jobs that are not easily filled by citizens, such as farmhands in certain areas, etc. However a whistleblower who is among dozens recently laid off by the RBC is speaking out. It seems the RBC has been contracting with Igate of India to bring in untrained workers from over there to replace its Canadian IT workers at a much lower pay rate. The IT workers were obliged to train their replacements before their termination date.

The Harper government says this is unacceptable but we will see if it is merely using rhetoric to placate people as usual or if they will send those workers back, as I feel they should do. It has spent millions or is it billions in advertising its action plan

Meanwhile, I urge you to go to the link and read the article as well as watch the video. Talk about a supreme slap in the face! They bring in foreign workers to replace working Canadians! I am physically sick

Story and video

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh so your new to the world outsourcing. It's all down hill from here pal.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that NONE of our political leaders give a crap about Canadians/Americans
they are bound heart and soul to a GLOBAL industrial complex which cares only for the bottom line, not borders.or people, or principals.....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

That's despicable and pure greed on the part of the Royal Bank of Canada. If I were those people, I would have refused to train them, walk off the job and protest in front of the bank for days on end. Why do people lay down and not fight back? I'm sure they would get a lot of support from the public during their protests.

I had a frustrating experience with a Sears customer service representative which was from India. I couldn't understand a word she said and all she did was repeat the same script over and over again! Talk about poor customer service, I had to call the manager of our local store and complain. He called the same representative and he was also frustrated and outraged!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
It's not often that I am lost for words, but this really blows my mind, in what is a deliberate, and supremely greedy and insensitive action, and a new low in job outsourcing by the most evil and callous institution on earth.

There exists a Canadian program to bring in skilled workers to jobs that are not easily filled by citizens, such as farmhands in certain areas, etc. However a whistleblower who is among dozens recently laid off by the RBC is speaking out. It seems the RBC has been contracting with Igate of India to bring in untrained workers from over there to replace its Canadian IT workers at a much lower pay rate. The IT workers were obliged to train their replacements before their termination date.

The Harper government says this is unacceptable but we will see if it is merely using rhetoric to placate people as usual or if they will send those workers back, as I feel they should do. It has spent millions or is it billions in advertising its action plan

Meanwhile, I urge you to go to the link and read the article as well as watch the video. Talk about a supreme slap in the face! They bring in foreign workers to replace working Canadians! I am physically sick

Story and video

I feel your pain my friend as I too am in IT business and have had to do a lot with this kind of scenarios. But remember that this is not new. IMO it's more than 7-8 years that IT field has been taken over by indians and chinese workers for the same reason as the one stated in the OP. We all know very well that the hiring of this guys killed the IT market and lowered the wages to a record time low. And all the signs are showing that is going to get worst. One time we've exported our industry to China and India because of the cheap labor. Now we import the workers from this countries for the same reason. How you fight that? And the bigger question, where the heck should we go to make a living?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Harper says publicly it's unacceptable. This is to deceive Canadians into believing that he is on their side.

In fact, it was his government that implemented the new rules. This is so the big state-owned Chinese companies that are mining coal, and tar sands, can bring in Chinese nationals to work instead of Canadians. The new rules also allow the companies to pay less than the Canadian minimum wage.

Seeing this, other corporations are starting to take advantage of these changes too. They ask why should the Chinese state-owned companies be the only ones allowed to hire cheap foreign workers? Harper didn't see this coming due to his inexperience and incompetence. He must go.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Happened in the US as well last year with the Chinese:

www.dailyfinance.com...

In the most recent news in that vein, The Guardian reports that Bain has for months been dismantling and shipping to China, "piece by piece," a car parts plant, of which it is majority owner, in Freeport, Ill. -- even as it requires the workers to train personally their Chinese replacements, who have been flown in by management.

Not so pretty anywhere it happens.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am a canadian and also deal with RBC but will be closing my account tomorrow. But when i went to cbc news for the info i also read an article about the offshore scandal and how no american news agency is talking about this. I do not have twenty post yet so i can not submit it on here but i believe it is very important and someone should run it on here. I posted both of these on facebook hope more people will see this cause i think that both stories are very important to publish i honestly believe we will be seeing more and more of these scandals happening in the near future. Strange days ahead. PEACE

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Right. And one of the employment requirements at a BC mine was that the workers be able to speak Chinese, so they brought in foreign workers. We have to speak up. I don't know how much good it will do but I did write to the [email protected] to voice my outrage.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good luck, Canada. I was replaced by Indians twice in 2004 at HP, and forced to train my replacement if I wanted a good reference and severance pay, so this is old news for your southern neighbors.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wazzman

Welcome Wazzman! According to the stats under your name, your post count is 22, so you do have enough to begin your own thread on the offshore scandal. If you require assistance send me a message or call on one of the mods.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Sorry to read of your plight. I hope you have been successful in finding other work.

Are you saying they brought your replacement into your workplace under a foreign worker permit as well?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It goes something like this.
If there is a profit to be made off other nations and their peoples, their all for it. Nationalism and Patriotism do not come into play.
If there is a war that they need you to fight, then they are all of a sudden for Nationalism and Patriotism, when there is money to be made for them.

We should take the same tact.
I run my household like a business, and there is no profit in wars for me.

We are people, but so are corporations now, and we only need to act where there is a profit to be made just like them.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Im glad I deal with ATB and not RBC all I can say is

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I don't see it as nationalism or patriotism, but rather as community protection. If they methodically dismantle our communities and deliberately put our neighbours out of work it is weakening our community. I care about all the people of the earth, however I want my reps to protect our community. When money grubbing harms a community, then it is wrong. Greed is not called one of the 7 deadly sins for nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I will tell you flat out what happened to us with the RBC.
My Mother and Father banked with them all their lives and so did myself and brother.
Mom and Dad eventually died and we were left to deal with the Estate.
So after banking in one branch only for over 50 years my parents estate was settled and we went in to clean out the accounts.

The bastards charged us service fees for any and all transactions at a fee per transaction!
This added up big time money wise.
But let me tell you it was not the fees or costs that bugged us, it was just the fact that they did the above.

Then myself and the wife and my brother and his wife closed out our accounts within days of this crappy service.

The RBC had the nerve to call both homes and ask why we bucked out with all our money.

Freeking idiots!

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Only about a dozen. At the time, the bulk of their workforce was in Bangalore. Damn nice people too, but I couldn't keep with what they were willing to take for pay, there or here.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What surprises me more is your reaction. Outsourcing isn't new. I'm in IT and this has been going on globally for at least a dozen years. You're just lucky it didn't happen sooner in your region.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

how do i add the link i am talkin about

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i'm not even suprised anymore, canada is starting to fall more and more, its becoming a big joke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join