It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports play their role in distracting/submersing us..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
From the National Basketball Association to the National Football League.. just another element and distraction to consume the common persons time and energy. I know some people, actually i know tons of people (including myself) who indulge in sports daily/nightly.. and its almost all they converse about, all they think of and it plays an enormous role in keeping these people submerged in this safety net hoax that is our lives. No time to ask questions, the games on.

I feel twice as bad for those that are involved in the business, or those that play and base their whole lives around the sport. What little bit of free time they have has to be spent on running drills and forming plays. Stuck even deeper in the matrix.

It may not seem this serious, but as a person who is very indulged in sports I can still be aware of the problem, so that i may not let it contain me or keep me from having time to make others aware of the problem.
edit on 7-4-2013 by WontBeFooled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WontBeFooled

Hey, don't blame sports. If it wasn't sports, it'd be something else, right? Distractions come in many shapes and forms. The thing is..it comes down to making a choice.

Do people choose to be distracted? Yes. But not everyone.

Live and let live. Judge not lest ye be judged.

edit on 7-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What problem are you talking about? NWO, Lizard people, robots taking over, alien invasion, ghost, demons, FEMA camps, Muslims, Nazi moon base, communists, the iIluminate, rogue planets, WW3, the Zionists, contrails, the earth crackiing up, astroids, the UN, time travelers, Free Masons etc?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not getting into the discussion of whether it was a hoax or not, The Protocols of Zion lays out a crapload of things in 1897 that are actually going on today...

You will notice that the strategies of control expostulated here-in 1897- such as the use of fiat paper from Zionist owned banks to replace currency backed by gold, along with the destruction of the nuclear family unit, control of school curriculums, the end of freedoms of any stripe, the creation of "terrorism" to frighten the Goy into clamoring for safety over safeguarding of constitutional rights, etc., etc., etc. is today being followed and employed exactly as laid out by Zionist planners in the 19th century.

That was just a little context for Protocol 13:

In order that the masses themselves may not guess what they are about WE FURTHER DISTRACT THEM WITH AMUSEMENTS, GAMES, PASTIMES, PASSIONS, PEOPLE'S PALACES .... SOON WE SHALL BEGIN THROUGH THE PRESS TO PROPOSE COMPETITIONS IN ART, IN SPORT IN ALL KINDS: these interests will finally distract their minds from questions in which we should find ourselves compelled to oppose them. Growing more and more unaccustomed to reflect and form any opinions of their own, people will begin to talk in the same tone as we because we alone shall be offering them new directions for thought ..

educate-yourself.org...

This apparently is an idea that is more than 100 years old and yet...

You comment on the idea almost exactly in your OP. Out of curiosity, did that come from knowledge of the protocols or from your own observations?
edit on 7-4-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I always thought it went as far back as Christians and lions. Sports is something I've never had the slightest interest in. It always seemed to me to be a way to leak out our frustrations and aggression safely so we wouldn't take it to the streets. It also serves as one more tool to divide us and yet we lap it up and beg for more.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I am only distracted/submersed during football season- but that has to do with yummy game time snacks as much as it does the actual games. The rest of the year I am sport-watching free, so they are only having partial success at distracting me....even less so if you take into account that I'm usually on ATS while watching the games at the same time!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
It also serves as one more tool to divide us and yet we lap it up and beg for more.

Not so! So-called sports rivalries are exaggerated in many cases. I see it more as a way for people to break the ice and find common ground.

If you've ever played on a sports team, you'd know it's a way to build trust, forge compromise, and strengthen fellowship. It's a way to make friends as well.

It's just part of belonging to a community. What other communal activities and behaviors are we going to demonize next?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
What problem are you talking about? NWO, Lizard people, robots taking over, alien invasion, ghost, demons, FEMA camps, Muslims, Nazi moon base, communists, the iIluminate, rogue planets, WW3, the Zionists, contrails, the earth crackiing up, astroids, the UN, time travelers, Free Masons etc?

You, sir.. are an idiot.

But seriously, there is an exclusive class of people that are determining not just your life.. but your kids and your grand kids' lives as well. Open your eyes if you arent joking.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have been quite a lot here on ATS during the last few days. I suppose ATS also plays its role in distracting and submersing us.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

It also serves as one more tool to divide us and yet we lap it up and beg for more.

Not so! So-called sports rivalries are exaggerated in many cases. I see it more as a way for people to break the ice and find common ground.

If you've ever played on a sports team, you'd know it's a way to build trust, forge compromise, and strengthen fellowship. It's a way to make friends as well.

Interesting view point. Perhaps I'm interpreting the whole idea personally then, when I did play sports long ago, I discovered that none of the people involved were even remotely connected to my worldview. "Sheep" thought I...
Also, where I come from, if you wore the wrong color jersey into the local pub, you might get your face opened up with a razor blade....Nice folk really...
edit on 7-4-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

But most importantly.. Consume your LIFE. people who choose to play sports.. or become a diehard fan of a team/sport.. choose to do so for life.

Sports wasnt intended to be originated for this purpose (obviously) but once this currency gave power to the central banks and the checks got enormous in sports it has been transformed into yet another factor to keep your minds stimulated and your blind fold on.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WontBeFooled

You, sir.. are an idiot.

But seriously, there is an exclusive class of people that are determining not just your life.. but your kids and your grand kids' lives as well. Open your eyes if you arent joking.

I am not joking. What is your version of the problem? We have hundreds of them here at ATS. Each one a little more crazy than the next. Are they on the list above or is it another group? I am pretty sure I am determined my own life. You know what I think is a bigger distraction for some people than sports? Conspirecy websites.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Yes, some people are zealots and go too far. We've all been guilty of that, right? But like I said, if it wasn't sports, it'd be something else.

You call them "sheep." They call you "whacko."

And the carousel spins 'round and 'round.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

But most importantly.. Consume your LIFE. people who choose to play sports.. or become a diehard fan of a team/sport.. choose to do so for life.

Sports wasnt intended to be originated for this purpose (obviously) but once this currency gave power to the central banks and the checks got enormous in sports it has been transformed into yet another factor to keep your minds stimulated and your blind fold on.

When I was younger, there were some girls who totally consumed my mind. I spent huge amounts of time having fantasies about them and trying to get their attention. Then the dates and the sex and general time spent together.

Now I realize: they too have been agents of the NWO trying to distract me from the REAL issues in the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You, sir.. are an idiot.

I am not joking. What is your version of the problem? We have hundreds of them here at ATS. Each one a little more crazy than the next. Are they on the list above or is it another group? I am pretty sure I am determined my own life. You know what I think is a bigger distraction for some people than sports? Conspirecy websites.

I have no version.. I watch EVERYBODY STRUGGLE.. and STRUGGLE.. as unemployment sky-rockets and money dries up while they're still printing TRILLIONS and flying planes into buildings. Open your eyes you blithering idiot before you get shackled in a cage and fed through a tube for the rest of your existence.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Very circular

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy

When I was younger, there were some girls who totally consumed my mind. I spent huge amounts of time having fantasies about them and trying to get their attention. Then the dates and the sex and general time spent together.

Now I realize: they too have been agents of the NWO trying to distract me from the REAL issues in the world.

No.. that is a mixture of your uncanny ability to never get laid and your hormones.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

if you wore the wrong color jersey into the local pub, you might get your face opened up with a razor blade

Don't you think that has more to do with possible alcoholism and anger issues...rather than sports? I see an underlying problem here.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If you bring it up, you will find that first and foremost people are very protective of their sports as they are of their political teams. It is hard to even discuss without people becoming angry. if it causes a division among us rather then bringing us ALL together I deem it not good.

Does it promote love or hate, kindness or violence, togetherness or division?

Note: to sport players...playing a game for fun is very different then the sports paying millions to players and people not playing, but spectators who often worship one player or another beyond even the team worship.

There was a saying once that it is not the winning or losing but the way we play the game together...I don't think that applies anymore. people lose their marriage rather then give up sports obsessions, they sometimes kill because of anger over slurs (supposed or real) to "their team".

If you stop and think a bit you realize it is an odd thing to feel so close to persons you do not know, who are often not good people and yet you feel "love" for such and such player.

List of violent spectator incidents in sports

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-4-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I feel twice as bad for those that are involved in the business, or those that play and base their whole lives around the sport. What little bit of free time they have has to be spent on running drills and forming plays. Stuck even deeper in the matrix.

I have no sympathy for these athletes. They are paid extremely well and are looked upon as royalty by adoring fans. Consider that a lot of them got a free ride to a college education even though they had poor high school GPA's. Most high school students who work hard to maintain a high GPA, had to go into excessive debt to pay their way through college.

This country pays lucrative salaries for entertainment, yet pays poorly those careers that benefit humanity as a whole. If colleges and universities would stop putting athletes on a pedestal and start appreciating smart and creative minds, maybe there would be more high school students motivated to excel in high school and pursue challenging careers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join