It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is mental poisoning? Do our thoughts makes us ill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Mental poisoning is having unresourceful negative thoughts constantly in your mind. Anger, hatred, envy, ill wishes, and the like are thoughts that are destructive and do have an effect on the physiology of the person with those thoughts. It has been scientifically proven that the blood can be poisoned with a thought of anger for example, and many of our deceases begin this way. So it's logical to say that guarding our thoughts can actually make us healthier. One method of doing this is to change our physiology by standing in a different way while angry because the mind responds to the body so if the physiology is not consistent with the physiology of anger the minds response will change. Another technique is pattern interruption which consists of interrupting the anger pattern with a different mentality pattern, for instance while angry at someone you can imagine that person with a clown's face and maybe you can add a big round stomach that would make him look funny. If the imagery is clear your whole mentality will change and the anger will cease. This is just a little bit of mind control.

www.alittlemindcontrol.blogspot.com

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

It's better to try an understand why you're angry, rather than just ignoring it. There's nothing quite like suppressing anger to make it boil up more, just like hedges grow as you trim them.

But yes. Thoughts that go against our basic virtues as human beings will always, in their own way, punish us. So, it's not them necessarily that is punishing us, it's we who are punishing ourselves through ignorance.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Mental poisoning is happening to us all the time, but we very rarely notice.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you leave yourself alone with nothing but your own thoughts for too long you will eventually be insane.

If you have no one to bounce your ideas off then what are your ideas?

Its my belief that a sense of community with others is what keep thoughts balanced. Keeping your thoughts to yourself will eventually make you ill as your thoughts have not been validated for sanity within a community.

Look at the global elite... If they would just tell the rest of us what was on their mind we would be able to explain to them that their ideas are totally WACK! and they could stop going insane.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

I know that worry or guilt can also make you physically ill, as well as stress. It has only happened rarely, but when I experience too much stress or worry too much it makes me nauseous and a few times even caused my hair to start falling out and has more often given me a splitting migraine. I know many, many others whose bodies react the same or in similar ways when enduring abundant emotional stress- so yes, I think negative emotions can and often do "poison" us mentally and cause us to become physically ill.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

There is a person here on ATS that is very sick; is it because of hateful thought processes? I'm a firm believer that envy, hate, and focusing on the negative will manifest itself physically.

The negative people that I come in contact with thru my business seem to always have the flu, a cold, asthma, arthritis , neck or back pain, etc; broad generalization I know but That's really the only personal evidence I have.

However....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Still I know when I'm ill; it's difficult to think positively so I'll watch a funny movie, youtube standup comedians, listen to positive Metal Anthem music, dance, play with my dogs, and forget about how ***** I feel. It's also possible to cure yourself if you want to and not become addicted to your illness in hopes of getting sympathy.
edit on 7-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

My body reacts to stress. If somebody is telling me off I start vomiting & get migraines. It feels as if my body is rejecting or ejecting every bad word said to me.

Or I can't eat or sleep and that's not good.

As for bottling up feelings, that's not good to do. There must be a release. Much like a volcano needs to blow off a little steam once in awhile

Good thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This guy explains mental poisoning quite well. He calls it "stinking thinking" if I recall correctly.

new topics

top topics

join