It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Frequencies: Can You Make Sense of this Bizarre Recording?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Source

The recording begins innocently enough, with classical music coming over the crackling airwaves. The happy tune doesn’t last long however, as the radio fades out into shrieking, whispering, chanting, and what sounds like meditation bells. It’s one of the creepiest audio snippets that I’ve ever heard.

Not a whole lot of information about this strange recording exists, who recorded it, or what it’s authenticity is, but I stumbled upon this link some time ago and have been holding on to it in the hopes that I might be able to dig up some more information. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find out much of anything aside from the info offered by the original uploader, so I’m just going to go ahead and post what I’ve got and let you have a crack at it.

“Around 1995, I was about 15. I used to stay up late in my room listening to the radio on a boombox with an integrated tape recorder. I’d dial through the stations, and when I heard something interesting I’d hit record for a while, then move on.

One night, I came across this. I don’t think this was the beginning of the broadcast, but I caught a lot of it. Right at the end, an announcer says that the station I was tuned to was WKCR 89.9 New York. There are a bunch of names and dates in there, but…I’ve never run into anything else like this.”

Jesus. Maybe I'm just a pansy but this was freaky as hell.

I don't know much about radios, or radio interference, but, I thought maybe some of you guys would. And, if not, at the very least get others opinions.

If I tuned into this on a radio broadcast, I would be freaked right out. As a matter of fact, sitting in my house, I could not get through all of it before I became freaked out.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be something like the ring...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Most likely not a real recording or anything like that. The Youtube video has comments and ratings disabled, which is an almost certain indicator of it being a hoax.

EDIT: Also, what are the chances the person just happened to record this? Were they sitting there just recording classical music?
edit on 7-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Recorded in 1995, uploaded in 2013......seems legit lol

How comes these things always have an american accent???? =

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Freaked me out too
I had to turn it off.
Very well done scary recording..is it paranormal? nah.
S&F for giving me nightmares tonight

edit on 7-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It sounded like background audio for an experimental, student, "art" film.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I got about 20 seconds in before ripping my headphones off. I don't know WHAT is within the layers over layers of sound there but it sure hit me with a hard slap and weird chill.

I'd love to hear from some of the audio professionals I know ATS has running around. There are some people here who do work on the commercial equipment. They came up and helped with some of the 'Sky Sounds' threads and recordings.

Something weird there tho. Something I sure keyed on..and in a real creepy way. Could be nothing but I wish I hadn't heard whatever it is now. Subliminal messaging is no joke for the potential effect when deliberately coded in and used. Perhaps? Who knows....

Interesting share though. Just.. Ahem... Don't use high def headphones. (shivers)... That got my fur standing.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I can't stop playing it
I keep getting a little further everytime.
Heck I have not been scared like this for 20 years
loving it

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's fake. Aforementioned remark about the comments being disabled is a cue. The other issues I hear are the sound quality. Even though the tape was claimed to be off of a radio in 1995, the sound effects and voice are way too clear for a tape that should have degraded a bit over time. Secondly, the static sound is unmistakeably the sound that a record player makes once the record is done and the arm fails to lift. It makes a distinctive static skipping sound. Sincerely doubt it's a numbers station recording just by the methodology in itself. It would have been using code and probably along the lines of the military style alphabet--alpha, baker, charlie, etc etc.

Not a fan of people who ARG because, that is a way to drown out possible evidence of real stuff through targeted promotion or making it seem like everything is possibly an ARG. This one hits me personally because I do have an old very freaky tape that I publicly released 6 months ago. If I was a paranoid person, that'd make me paranoid. Thankfully, I'm not.

P.S. I felt nothing listening to it other than total annoyance of some stupid ARG'er.
edit on 7/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the ps.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There is always the possibility that someone had a pirate radio station somewhere nearby, and for whatever reason, wanted to play this rather strange recording. It almost sounds like when a transmitter fires up and overtakes the frequency of a legit radio station, and folks have been known to play all kinds of strange stuff on clandestine airwaves. Also, could be a nearby 'church' or theater, that is transmitting a signal to the reverend, so he 'magically' knows peoples names, that he is 'healing', or a medium/seance doing something similar.

Also, just because you have comments disabled on youtube does not automatically signify a hoax. There are a lot of reasons I could think of to disable there, as it is not always the most intelligent, thought provoking forum for such things. Besides, the OP brought it here (a much better place) for open discussion, so it is not as if they were scared to have it discussed at all. (Granted, they may just be attempting to get hits to their youtube account, but then again, maybe there is more to it...just sayin')

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

I am off the opinion that it was an improvisation musical piece!

Here is why ...

Artist in New Music Archive [studentaffairs.columbia.edu]

And all the samples I quikly listened to are very much in a similar vein of bizzaro music!

WKCR-FM [wiki]

In the late 70s, under the direction of Tim Page, the station presented the radio premieres of several leading minimalist compositions, including Philip Glass's Einstein on the Beach and Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. It was the first station in the country to pay attention to this important and eventually popular form of avant-garde music. Page also produced a benefit concert for the station at Carnegie Hall, with appearances by Reich, Glass, John Cale, and David Bowie, among many others.

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'll go along with Omega,
either it's just a musical piece back in the 90's or it is now a musical piece in 2013.

I don't think it is legit interference if that is what it is projected to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This sounds like the scene from a Movie I watch a long time ago. These teenage girls were witches, and they take this other girl into the woods and have some type of ceremony. I can't be certain, but it sure sounds like the scene from that movie. Wish I could remember the names of it. Even hearing it on the movie gave me the creeps.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Though a little spooky it may just be the music...

Anyone have the app Shazam that identifies music? It just may be something that is very obscure.

Anecdote: When I was in my teens I had woken up very early one morning. With everything so quiet I decided to continue going through my sisters albums listening to them through headphones. I ran across Pink Floyds UmmaGumma album and put it on the turntable and sat back to listen. I was really enjoying it when a song called "Be careful with that axe Eugene" came on. So relaxing and easygoing that song was at the start. Definitely psychedelic.

But then I heard the whisper "be careful with that axe Eugene" and what followed made me jerk my headphones off and cut on all the lights. Never had I ever had music scare me like that.

Thanks for that memory Pink Floyd and thanks OP for reminding me of that
(just kidding.. well maybe not entirely)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I had a listen, and I'm not sure what to make of this. My ears tell me that this didn't come from 1995 consumer grade 1/4 inch magnetic tape though, due to the clarity and other things. If my main machine hadn't decided to go to apple heaven a few weeks back, I'd be able to give it a go in Logic 9.

Maybe I'll see if I can get Audacity fired up on this machine, it just doesn't have the speed and ram to run much else.

reply to post by VeniVidi

I believe the movie you are referring to was "The Craft" from 1996. I haven't yet checked to see if that scene is what we are hearing in this youtube vid.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sounds like "A Day in the Life" mated with some old stuff by Low and they had a moon child.

The background static is from a record album, it's not a number of radio stations crossbreeding - this is supposed to be an FM station and in fact I don't hear any background radio noise, just the record noise they dubbed in. And FM stations are "all or nothing" - you have something called the capture effect, you only receive one at a time, it's not like AM.

People used to do this sort of thing in college - there were also what was known as "head films" you just don't see anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ya know, you've got something on that factor. Now, on that signal hijack:
I've gotta agree with ya here, being FM... it is odd that the original classical broadcast just fades away, and listening to it again - it's an interesting piece... not as good as some of the Sgt. Peppers sound design though.

Funny to note also,
if you take a careful listen, you get alot of names and dates. Oddly enough, one was (I think) November 1985 Frank Oppenheimer, brother Robert.

Google isn't very helpful with that phrase for some reason, and I'm pretty sure that VV is right... this is from some movie.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Someone said they think this is the song at the start.
Its almost as this music has been looped.

The Beatles - A day in the life

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Night time, teenager, recording a radio. Why did he state that it was night time? Who cares if it was night time? It's clear that the author is trying to scare you - ANYTHING that tries to evoke emotion is a hoax. 97% of all these are hoaxes; you need to dig in and see what the author's true motivations are.

Regards,

Stock Loc

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Are you perhaps thinking of "The Craft"? It starred Faruza Balk and three others i cannot recall.
As to the OP.,I found it to be a bit creepy sounding,but don't think there is anything sinister about it.
Probably just some obscure musical piece.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
have u ever anylised that in ur computer with a sound program?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join