It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Couple Who Adopted 9 Children Now Facing Trial After Molestation Charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You may remember the case of George Harasz and Douglas Worth being arrested in 2011 on charges of molestation. The couple adopted 9 boys starting in 2000 and we're arrested in 2011.

After initially withdrawing from a plea agreement, they are now facing new allegations of molestation which are more serious than the original charges. All of which were brought up by the alleged victims right before Harasz and Wirth are set to go to trial. Details here.

What I found disturbing in the vid was the neglect of the family and children services division in that state (Connecticut). You would think that with the couple adopting NINE boys, they would maintain the standard periodical check ups. Of course this should be the norm regardless of gender or number but everything about this case is just alarming in general.

Your thoughts.
edit on 7-4-2013 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Those guys look like twin brothers.

I am very sceptical. When you adopt young children from difficult backgrounds, you are taking on so much- and if you take in nine, you are sure to have at leastone that is going to accuse you of neglect or abuse.. if you are a gay couple, then that risk is multiplied.

I would investigate, but with a lot fo skepticism- I suspect these boys are manipulating the public. Especially if they were abused before being adopted by this couple, one way sexually abused kids gain back a sense of power is in manipulation and lying.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Plenty of other people who have adopted children have also abused their children. It is not just gay people.

poundpuplegacy.org...

Better checks all round are needed.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I agree and I believe money was a motive that was mentioned in the vid.
However, what we don't want is for genuine allegations to go completely unnoticed as a result of what you described.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Duh....in response to your first sentence.
Agreed.....in response to your second.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Those guys look like twin brothers.

I am very sceptical. When you adopt young children from difficult backgrounds, you are taking on so much- and if you take in nine, you are sure to have at leastone that is going to accuse you of neglect or abuse.. if you are a gay couple, then that risk is multiplied.

I would investigate, but with a lot fo skepticism- I suspect these boys are manipulating the public. Especially if they were abused before being adopted by this couple, one way sexually abused kids gain back a sense of power is in manipulation and lying.

ok so your saying that these people who have been accused of sexual molestation twice and you don't believe the children? I have a funny feeling had this been a priest you would be on this like white on rice. Why would they take on 9 children? Look I believe that a gay couple can be just as loving as parent as a straight couple, but they could be just as messed up too
edit on 7-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Personally? I think that being Gay has absolutely no cause or effect relation to being a pedeophile.

At the same time, a % of gays also happen to be pedeophiles.

The first statement, I think most reasonable people would agree with. Gay and Child Molestation are two radically different things. One has nothing to do with the other except where coincidence of the perversion of the second happens to overlap the basic nature of the first.

The second statement is one I have watched and listened to people argue till they are red faced furious ...DEMANDING they be understood when they say there is no pedeophile problem among people who are also Gay. As if being Gay is somehow a vaccine against mental illness and sexual perversion, suffered by society as a whole to it's usual small %.

It actually ends up giving the sexual predators an area of life to seek cover and protection, however UNINTENDED I know it is for those who create that for them.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

ok so your saying that these people who have been accused of sexual molestation twice and you don't believe the children? I have a funny feeling had this been a priest you would be on this like white on rice. Why would they take on 9 children? Look I believe that a gay couple can be just as loving as parent as a straight couple, but they could be just as messed up too

I am saying that one would have to be very careful and not make hasty judgements.

Remember that there is also testimony from other kids of theirs that claim it is not true, and that these boys were actually sexually molested before being adopted by this couple.

I have known couples who got all into the idealistic notion that they could heal abused kids, and adopted them. They were both psychotherapists, so they figured they had the skills and knowledge, as well as enough love for many. Their dreams didn't turn out as they expected- taking on even one broken child is huge, but more than one is almost stupid.

I did not say it was impossible, I said I would be skeptical. The damage that kids can have from abuses often makes them unable to trust any other adults, no matter who they are. They also take note of how to work the system, how to manipulate others, and they use it. This is NOT saying "victims are bad" but that good people do bad things, especially if they are hurting.

It is prudent to keep that in mind in such a case as this.

-and the priest nonsense, I won't bother replying to- you obviously do not know me.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

well did you look into the data that suggests the victims of these type of abuses are almost always weaker and broken in some way to begin with

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

after watching the videos i don't think they did it.. the mention of money seems like the real reason they said that.. look at that house, they are super rich.. i guess you can never know though? im a gay male, and i was sexually abused by two of my friends fathers, that were "heterosexual".. I've also known guys that grew up in foster home situations, where they were even adopted by families at one point, and they were the biggest scammers i have ever met, really resentful of people with money, so to me its a definite type..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What perfect timing. I hope this gets all the media hype it was created to get, 24 hour wall to wall coverage, so when the Supreme Court rules, we can all get really really upset about this. Remarkable how these things just show up when needed. Need gun control, pop, a whole bunch of "senseless killings of innocent people done by lone gunman" and wow, more wall to wall coverage. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I realize those who are queer can't help it and because love is love, they should be allowed to marry, but there is no way they should be allowed to adopt children. I just can't believe every queer has a desire to molest children, but I do think most children's heads will be screwed up by the time they reach puberty, and finding out they are attracted to members of the opposite sex.
As far as me saying queers are "gay", it'll never happen, as when I was growing up the word meant 'to be light hearted and happy', and I don't think I've ever seen a happy queer!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Really? not according to this guy who was brought up by 2 gay people.

At the end of the day two straight people can be horrid parents so could two gay parents...depends on the people who are the parents...some people are good parents some not.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
I realize those who are queer can't help it and because love is love, they should be allowed to marry, but there is no way they should be allowed to adopt children. I just can't believe every queer has a desire to molest children, but I do think most children's heads will be screwed up by the time they reach puberty, and finding out they are attracted to members of the opposite sex.
As far as me saying queers are "gay", it'll never happen, as when I was growing up the word meant 'to be light hearted and happy', and I don't think I've ever seen a happy queer!

there is some serious homophobia going on there.. geez.. i bet you will have gay grandkids, as thats is usually the way... peace to you..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Excellent OP, I'm really not surprised that this happened, nor at the lack of response to your OP.
I'm sure we'll be reading about more cases like this as well as this becoming the sick norm.
Black is now white, wrong is now right, we'll all lose in the end if we don't stand up and fight.
SnF

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Bkrmn

Really? not according to this guy who was brought up by 2 gay people.

But these are lesbians.....get it?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Can you back up this percentage of gays that are pedophiles?

I figured ATS would take this subject and use it as a lightning rod against gay couples adopting kids.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Not any more sick than the # that non-gay people do.

Let's face it, sexual orientation has very little to do with trustworthiness as a parent.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

I think Wabbit is saying they are probably the same % for gay people and hetro people.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Doesn't matter.

He didn't provide a source to back up anything.

Just spouting the usual # that I've seen other ATS'ers spread about gay adoption, gay marriage, gays in general.

It's like ATS is actually the last resort for the fringe right, judging by the the obscene amounts of ridiculous threads that bash Obama, deny global warming, cry about feminism, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join