It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiculturalism in the UK has totally failed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
without jumping to conclusions and calling me a nazi, think about what hitler wanted...
germany for germans.. maybe this wasnt such a bad idea

in australia its the same thing, multiculture has failed here too

you have to face the fact that some races and religions dont mix very well

Yeah maybe he knew something!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You have to laugh, by almost all the parameters, multiculture is an outstanding success!
It is early days though relatively speaking, and those that come here and really do want to settle, need to understand that the culture is a way of life, and that requires joining in, but that is often where it becomes complicated, at least presently where people new to the UK have ties to their old country, and a different system, and send money home where there is a need to pay big money for everything from the cradle to the grave. Would anyone think that our politicians all over the prosperous West do not know this? of course they do!
BTW, a good start is by looking at how all countries tax their citizens, and their corporates,and their small businesss.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thankfully there is still a few countries left in Europe that are fighting this BS off, and the whiny libtards hate it, BOOHOO!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by LUXUS

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's a free world. What's your solution? Walled countries? No-fly zones from Third World Countries?

The UK has been 'multi-cultural' for millennia and the non-whites in your example photo could easily be British with several generations behind them.

It isn't like 'multi-culturalism' was a political project that could be deemed to 'fail.' It's an inevitable outcome of free-market economics whereby the poor will always gravitate to richer areas. Our major cities owe their populations to historical migrations of poor country-folk looking for work, money and life-style.

I'm a white Englishman just 3 generations removed from Irish and it's safe to say that (once upon a time) half the world resented the 'multiculturalism' that my lineage represents.

Sure enough, it's a painful process, but it's history in the making too.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Kudos for that. It's obvious that the thread title is taken from Angela Merkel's uninformative speech, which seems to expose her own lack of local knowledge. Germany's rebuild after WW2 was done on the back of Multiculturalism, albeit on workers on a visa, and their own workers. I'm not going to start listing or linking where from, as anyone serious enough to reply here would do their own looking into, for that scenario, enough to say that included most of populations.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ok.... So I'm a Romanian in Manchester(almost an year now). Let me break it down for some of you who don't know what exactly will happen when the restrictions for Romanian and Bulgarian will fall. First of all, don'tlet the 30 mil number scare you. Most of us are already in Italy, Spain, Germany etc( usually countries that have 4 seasons, because you have to admit the weather sucks in the U.K.). Another factor is that from the remaining population in both countries only a small percentage is able to work. I'm guessing crime rate will slightly increase, but nothing to worry about. And remember, do not put everybodyin the same pot. Just because gipsy people live in Romania and Bulgaria doesn't mean we're all gipsies. There are some of us like myself that come here looking for a job, and not for stealing. If you don't want immigrants in your country , try making harsher rules.
BTW, if I recall during your country's history you used to do the same, only it was worse because you were war mongers and used brute firce, so stop complaing. You know how they say.... Karma's a "beach".
Anyway , sorry for any grammar errors or such, I'm still studying, plus I've typed this from my stupid phone.
Peace
edit on 7-4-2013 by leopayaso1987 because: no reason

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by leopayaso1987

Yeah you can bet the crime rate will increase, Romanian gipsys are completely without any morels of any kind. They go as far as the shameful act of going into grave sites and hacking off the brass name plaques to sell for scrap metal, no other peoples would do this. And you say it so casually Oh crime levels will probably rise but no big deal...we don't want thieves and criminals thank you, they can stay where they are.

I have employed Romanians on building sites and most of them are thieves, stealing building materials and tools when your not looking.

The other thing I discovered is that in general they hate the English, seams stupid to me to go to live in a country in which you hate the native people.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 8-4-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I for one welcome you

I come from Manchester and I would gladly have a pint with you anytime to discover more about your culture, Just a couple of questions.
1) Red or blue (football
)?
2) how do you find us Mancs?
3) why Manchester?
4) Any luck with a job?

Oh and it is "Bitch" not "beach" beach is a sandy place near the sea....apart from that your command of English is wonderful

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Firstly lets address your "typical picture of central london". You do realise that Central London is THE biggest tourist attraction in the UK.. Everyone who visits the UK for a holiday will come to London, this is not immigration it is Tourism.

Secondly the "mass exodus" of UK born citizens has nothing to do with failing multiculturalism and everything to do with wanting to live in warmer climes with more people having the ability to do it these days.

The technology of the world has expanded making travel cheaper and more accessible..

edit on 8-4-2013 by Truth_Hz because: Terrible grammar, much like Johnny foreigner.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Without immigration Europe would have never been settled, the Americas would have never been discovered and we would still be stuck in Africa fighting to see who can sit on top the tallest trees.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Without immigration Europe would have never been settled, the Americas would have never been discovered and we would still be stuck in Africa fighting to see who can sit on top the tallest trees.

Yeah but there's immigration and mass immigration....two very different animals.

It's mass immigration that's causing the problems, big business-driven as it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
London is certainly not a great example of what this country is like as a whole.. especially when you factor in the reasons people are in London.. jobs/tourism..

Equally you could choose to use this vid, People watching in London-by-Sea...

I'd say, we are doing quite well actually... at least that is my perspective.
edit on 8/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Well said, and a belated welcome to Manchester. We might not get the best of weather in this region, but that just makes the good days all the more appreciated.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm pretty sure there'll be a beach called Karma somewhere.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Can't wait for the thousands of 'Tent City' vagrants who are waiting to hop over the channel from France when restrictions are lifted - no more plotting their UK entry inside makeshift tents or hiding in lorries for them. They will come here and claim everything they want as soon as they breathe British air.

We shouldn't be forced to take in and pay for Europe's destitute folk, they are a burden on us. We want the ones who are of good character, and hard-working and law-abiding.

Asking for benefits when they get here should be a deal breaker - send them back. Breaking our laws should be a deal breaker - send them back. Refusing to learn basic English - deal breaker. We need to have some say in who we let into our country, and tell the EU to go eff itself!

We need to have some control on EU immigration urgently, we shouldn't be expected to be responsible for the financial cost of supporting the hundreds of thousands of destitute foreign people who come here with nothing.

Cameron doesn't seem too keen or in much of a hurry to sort it out, and he'll get to it after the next election. Right now, his priority is to drive our own poor people further into poverty.

Next election = bye bye Cameron. Hello UKIP.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
Can't wait for the thousands of 'Tent City' vagrants who are waiting to hop over the channel from France when restrictions are lifted - no more plotting their UK entry inside makeshift tents or hiding in lorries for them. They will come here and claim everything they want as soon as they breathe British air.

If the system tasked for dealing with them is fit for purpose, they can claim all they want, but they shouldn't be getting it. The influx of claimants should just keep the DWP staff occupied in honest work, rather than harrassing legitimate disability claimants.

So, you're going to swap one Tory toff for a Tory reject?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

If the system tasked for dealing with them is fit for purpose, they can claim all they want, but they shouldn't be getting it. The influx of claimants should just keep the DWP staff occupied in honest work, rather than harrassing legitimate disability claimants.

You're right, they shouldn't be getting anything while we have our own citizens homeless and poverty-stricken.

Yes, DWP staff will continue to keep busy by giving instant, 'no questions asked' hand-outs to hoards of able-bodied foreigners and their families, whilst denying payments to our own long-term disabled citizens and forcing them to jump through hoops to prove they are entitled to have their assistance reinstated.

So, you're going to swap one Tory toff for a Tory reject?

Yep.
edit on 8-4-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by LUXUS

Firstly lets address your "typical picture of central london". You do realise that Central London is THE biggest tourist attraction in the UK.. Everyone who visits the UK for a holiday will come to London, this is not immigration it is Tourism.

Secondly the "mass exodus" of UK born citizens has nothing to do with failing multiculturalism and everything to do with wanting to live in warmer climes with more people having the ability to do it these days.

The technology of the world has expanded making travel cheaper and more accessible..

edit on 8-4-2013 by Truth_Hz because: Terrible grammar, much like Johnny foreigner.

None of that explains the phenomenon recently reported as 'white flight' from London. There are 600,000 less white inhabitants in London than there were at the last census. Nobody of a sane disposition can claim that's down to people retiring for a life on the Costa Del Sol. I live in a borough that's been affected more than most, it has zero tourist trade and having grown up there and lived there for all my life I can quite confidently say that until the last 10 years or so it had a healthy, youthful, middle & working class population, not exactly the sort that has the funds to retire to the Meditteranean. So why do I find myself in the minority? Simple answer; my friends and family have moved away to get away from the socially engineered multicultural society failure that the Labour party needed to import to try and maintian their share of the vote.
edit on 8-4-2013 by redandblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm pretty sure there'll be a beach called Karma somewhere.

Sure is I found it

gobeach.blogspot.co.uk...

Sure looks better than Manchester on a rainy afternoon

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by redandblue

It is nothing do with "White Flight" it's the fact that London is overpriced and for the most part a sh*thole..

What I used to pay for a 1 bed flat in Shoreditch gets me a three bed house with a garden outside of London AND pays for my train fare into the city for work...

It has nothing to do with immigration..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join