It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre remains of "dragon skeleton" discovered in Chinese Sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Source

A Fisherman from the Shandong Province caught something a little out of the ordinary last week, namely, the huge skeletal remains of a “translucent dragon”.

The bizarre skeleton was found in the water on March 28th by a Chinese fisherman who wasted no time calling the local news crews, and reporters rushed to photograph creature, all 153 joints of it.

According to Japanese news outfit Byoukan Sunday, the find has prompted some to wonder if the color and shape aren’t just a little too perfect, inciting the thought that the bones might have been hand carved. Researchers, on the hand, have disputed this claim, saying that they believe the skeleton is mammalian in nature, and not a large fish as others have speculated.

A video which surfaced on Youtube (before April 1st, mind you) shows the skeleton propped up for examination, and you have to admit that if it is a hoax, it’s a pretty impressive one, more so than the now infamous “Legendary Mushroom” which turned out to be nothing more than a wayward sex toy.

If real, how cool is this?

If they think it is mammalian in nature what could this possibly be?

If we had some evidence for a dragon, does that mean other myths could possibly be true as well?

Anyway, I thought I would share this and get a few other opinions on what this could possibly be.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is that I can't take that Chinese news channel serious, since they've added some noisy, dubious sound effects to the news report..

I call fake!

(ofcourse no offense to you, OP)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Grind it into a fine powder and you got yourself a fine Chinese aphrodisiac.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Nah, none taken.

I only share what I find interesting.

Even if I, myself feel it is dubious, I will still share to get others opinions.

That's why I always try to not take too strong of an opinion in my OP, as I do not want to sway others to my beliefs but, rather, hear their own.

Pred...
edit on 7-4-2013 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Following the direction of a person that commented on the article linked in the OP, I google searched 'shark skeleton'.

Check out this link and see if you don't see a resemblance.
marinebiodiversity.ca

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't really see this dragon as being a, "wayward sex toy", but it does look like a fake to me. As cool as this would be if this were real, I highly doubt that it is.

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It actually appears very much so to be a frilled shark.

Frilled Shark
edit on 7-4-2013 by StoicMystic because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2013 by StoicMystic because: Added image.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe a large catfish, they have vertebrae.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
How was it brought to the surface in one piece? All soft tissue connecting the skeleton would have been gone long ago. And since he was fishing I doubt he was able to dive for every single piece as it should have been scavenged and scattered by sea life long ago.

Just my thoughts but it does seem like a possible hoax.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looking at images for shark vertabra, I believe it is the top portion of a skull and the vertabral column of a shark.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"Researcher's" are claiming the skeleton is that of a mammal though, ruling out the idea it could be a fish.

Not saying I don't believe you, because who the heel knows what these researchers are researching...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was looking at shark skull images and the part called the rostrum on a white shark matches up quite well with what is shown in the pic.
The whole skull is not present in what was recovered by the fisherman, just the chondrocranium.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by StoicMystic
It actually appears very much so to be a frilled shark.

Frilled Shark
edit on 7-4-2013 by StoicMystic because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2013 by StoicMystic because: Added image.

That creature is so cool looking!!

Thank you for sharing!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Rutger Hauer seems convinced.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Whatever it is it looks like it would feed a family of 4 for at least a couple of weeks or better, and make them each a really nice pair of boots as well!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StoicMystic

It does look a lot like that, the only thing is the size, stated to be a max of tow metres. The video shows it is much bigger than that.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry but I see a fake here, but it's also not a shark.
The body has many ribs like a snake and the skull looks like a calf or something.
It's one of those composite stiched up animals I think, there is a guy who makes mermaids from fish parts.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
A dragon you say? No, no, no, I am a dragon. We have wings and live on land and fly through the skies. Sometimes we even breathe fire.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Should be easy enough to determine the species- shark skeletons are made from cartilidge and mammalian and fish ones are bone.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Very strange....

Why is it so preserved if it was found in water?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join