It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vs North America: Who is the true enemy of the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Enemy of the world is an empty slogan. All that i know for certainty is that in current escalation North Korea is the one to blame.
By the way, OP - what do you think about South Korea and their right to live in independent state without North Korea threatening them? You know ,same South Korea full of happy South Koreans enjoying their South Korean peaceful lives without any desire to follow ideas of Juche under leadership of undead Eternal President...
See,from reading your posts i get a certain uneasy feeling that this is North Korean propaganda for foreigners but maybe i am wrong.

I agree, I should have went with enemy of humanity.

I believe everyone has the right to live the way they choose if they can do it without being constrained by wartime efforts. Just because I lead a peaceful life does not mean I will turn a blind eye towards the necessary conditions for those in active war. Things happen during war, you as a government must keep morale up, they've been doing pretty good for 6 decades.

The picture you paint of South Korea is just one of submission towards survival, there are worse things than dying for some.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

???? We threaten everyone everyday with nuks. We have so many everywere and everyone knows it. I would call that a threat.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Having nukes and threatening to use them are completely different things; if I possess a gun am I threatening anyone? No. If I tell you that I'm going to shoot you with my gun I am threatening you.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

???? We threaten everyone everyday with nuks. We have so many everywere and everyone knows it. I would call that a threat.

Diggin the name Holidaze, The American nuclear threat is so great, we don't even have to threaten countries with them.

Instead we educate them about MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction, a subtle deep threat.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

yeah, that's what we need, more radiation released into the environment. You realize if we nuked nk innocents would die and future generations would suffer. America has plenty of anti missile tech, there is no reason to nuke anybody ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

I'm getting the distinct impression ..as you tell people what opinions are moot or meaningless by your own opinions and which aren't ...a hunt for any sort of truth or knowledge is far from the point of this thread. In that, I believe I was mistaken in thinking a discussion was the object.

The points being used to present this are...without factual basis. As I've attempted to show along with others. Seemingly to nothing but a skim read to see what points can be attacked in reply. Everything in life is a learning experience and I believe I've learned here that I was in error by participating on this one at all. Carry on with your Agenda, Op. You're on a roll, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Are you saying its inhuman to make money with private sector prisons?

You communist!

Seriously, calm down buddy.

We have it better than than anyone.

We're the fattest nation,
why because we are bathed in food,NK is starving.
Don't blame US for weight problems blame yourselves, its what we want
are fast food would go out of business.

We have high crime rate,
Because our judicial system is a joke, its a free meal ticket compared to NK.
Don't blame the US we want easy punishments,we complain when someone
actually suggest a harsh punishment for murders, and rapist. You know murders
have feelings to.

We are getting dumber,
Don't blame the US its ourselves once again, we have the right to be lazy.NK does not.
If we want an education its there for the taking, if we want our kids to do better
make them get off the Wii and do some chores put in a little study time with them.

Want a better America?
Then we have to change it, we the American people.

Want a better North Korea?
I'm stumped, uprising I guess.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
America is not brilliant but you have to admit it is far better than North Korea!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Having nukes and threatening to use them are completely different things; if I possess a gun am I threatening anyone? No. If I tell you that I'm going to shoot you with my gun I am threatening you.

A gun and a nuke are two comparability different things. One causes millions of dollars in damage, not to mention environmental effects, Nukes can kill people long after its detention. Im sure you have seen the videos of Nuclear detonations, do you think anybody survives that kind of detonation?

A gun, they can kill, and have killed way more people than nukes ever have, over hundreds of years. Although dealing death with guns means means there are two sides, one side may survive or the other or both.

dealing death with nukes means immediate none existence with the push of a button. If you were to go to war would you rather be part of a gun war, or a nuke war?.

With all Americas nukes placed strategically all around the world, the other world leaders know we pose a threat everyday.

And no i dont think the act of possessing a gun is threatening. I will tell you this, I personally keep a mental note of the people i know have guns, and the people in my neighborhood that i know have guns. I wonder what kind of notes that other countries keep on americas nukes, i am sure they have that note from ww2 about the 2 times america used nukes as war tactics, and just as the radiation lingered at the places American abombs were dropped, so lingered americas continuous threat as a nuclear powerhouse.

edit on 7-4-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

A gun and a nuke are two comparability different things. One causes millions of dollars in damage, not to mention environmental effects, Nukes can kill people long after its detention. Im sure you have seen the videos of Nuclear detonations, do you think anybody survives that kind of detonation?

A gun, they can kill, and have killed way more people than nukes ever have, over hundreds of years. Although dealing death with guns means means there are two sides, one side may survive or the other or both.

dealing death with nukes means immediate none existence with the push of a button. If you were to go to war would you rather be part of a gun war, or a nuke war?.

With all Americas nukes placed strategically all around the world, the other world leaders know we pose a threat everyday.

And no i dont think the act of possessing a gun is threatening. I will tell you this, I personally keep a mental note of the people i know have guns, and the people in my neighborhood that i know have guns. I wonder what kind of notes that other countries keep on americas nukes, i am sure they have that note from ww2 about the 2 times america used nukes as war tactics, and just as the radiation lingered at the places American abombs were dropped, so lingered americas continuous threat as a nuclear powerhouse.

edit on 7-4-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

A gun and a nuke serve the same purpose: deterrence. If I have a gun, and it's known that I have a gun, I am less likely to get mugged/assaulted/etc. If I have a nuke, and it's known that I have a nuke, I am much less likely to be attacked.

We have nukes, but we don't threaten to nuke countries.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You call owning a handgun detterence when it fact it is not. In order for it to be deterrence you must broadcast publicly that you own and possess a handgun and are willing to use it.

A handgun or weapon is for protection unless you abide by the opposing side of the law.

Saying you have a nuke for protection is a threat.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm???

Then please explain why George H.W. Bush [snr not jnr] the 41st Potus threatened Iraq with NUKES during the Gulf War if Iraq used chemical weapons!

Pentagon shocker: U.S. threatens nuclear first strike (Reprinted from the March 21, 2002, issue of Workers World newspaper) [workers.org]

This contrasts with 1991 in the period prior to launching the Gulf War against Iraq, when President George Bush Sr. threatened that if Iraq used chemical weapons, the U.S. might retaliate with nuclear weapons. Bush was later forced to write that he did not really intend to carry out the threat.

Personal Disclosure: Care to refute?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

yes because our prisons are anything compared to north Korean "camps" hell if you wanted a better comparison you should have gone with the internment of the Japanese during ww2 and you might have had a leg to stand on. while i am in no way fond of how populated our prisons are but they are treated like cash cows now and with the failed and expensive drug war i dont see that changing as long as we lock people up for non violent offenses.

on to your view of north korea well they tend to threaten other countries other then the ones they are having problems with like Guam or japan for example you dont hear America saying if Australia (only used as an example i fear their kangaroo brigades
) dosent cave to our threats that we will bomb new Zealand for example

and with the north Koreans sinking that ship last yearish and bombing of that island i think they are the ones actually killing people directly where we just try to get their nutty leader to chill out and stop threatening the bulk of his neighbors

hes just complaining because its the only way nk gets anything from the world by tossing out threats and throwing a tempertanturm when ever some one tells them they wont be able to play with what toys they want to,they wanna kick it off let them the only thing ill feel bad about is the poor south koreans caught in the crossfire

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

because its standard doctrine to respond to any kind of WMD used (chemical/biological/nuclear) with our equivalent which for us most of the time tends to be nukes

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yea the 1950's is over the insane use using of using nukes is over, If DPRK used a nuke we would not , use one in return , this is odd for you would think that would be the response but it is not, at least in the civil way of thinking, and some that are "in " do not see us US using nukes ,but they are not the ones who call the shots.

That is up to Obama to decide, I think if China told him no, he would not use them, but still use B2's, B52's,B1's and F22's to flatten DPRK with the blessing of China!

As far as the OP well l say lets all get out our piggy banks pay for a one way ticket to DPRK for our OP and see how he or she thinks once he or she is back at his/ hers own expense and then see what he or she has to say in a thread.

As far as comparing the US justice system too the DPRK interment camps , that is like comparing Hitlers Stalag to a jail or a Auschwitz to a Federal prison. Must have read to many UN charters or legal brief's on interment of a individual or a UN statement on Git Mo still not even close to the horror and ill treatment of a person in a DPRK prison camp.

edit on 7-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

You call owning a handgun detterence when it fact it is not. In order for it to be deterrence you must broadcast publicly that you own and possess a handgun and are willing to use it.

A handgun or weapon is for protection unless you abide by the opposing side of the law.

Saying you have a nuke for protection is a threat.

Which is why I said, "it is known;" people don't threaten you when they know that you have a powerful means of retaliation.

By the way, ALL countries want nukes for protection. It ensures MAD, thus deferring potential attacks.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

well USA's military presence in any point of this world is provoking. but your question that who is the enemy of the world is inadequate. your question itself is made by elites and their media machine.
no one is the enemy of humanity but the enemies of humanity !

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Just to be this into perspective, if you told me you had a gun and I wanted to do harm to you, all it shows is I can't have mercy on you.

If you were to be burglarized, that burglar would then know if you were present that you are armed and they'll be equally armed too to meet your threat. This burglar would know if they went to your residence knowing that you are armed that they are prepared to put you down.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
This is not an anti-american thread, this is an anti us government thread.

I am proamerica, prokorea, prohumanity and profreedom.

I want freedom for all but I know we must start at home before anywhere else.

I am also Pro America and wonder if those sticking up for the criminal actions of our government are likened unto the prisoners of the North Korean Camps?

When some of those in the camps escape, even after living in South Korea, they do not take kindly to the criticism leveled against the North Korean Government because it is akin to betrayal and treason. No constructive criticism is possible in their minds, and it takes a long time for them to deprogram from this.

That sounds like some members here where constructive criticism is not allowed and looked at, as Anti American, rather than Anti Establishment against various criminal policies.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wow...I didn't know there were north Koreans that are ATS members...lil' kim must have signed them up...uhmm, if what you say is true....there should be millions waiting to immigrate to north korea, at the gates pleading to be let in to live in the glorious country of north korea

North Korea is a hell hole, but this country is heading that direction as well.
I have seen people scream for getting all the prisoners in our country to getting put to work all for Big Corps and the Banksters.

No difference than the work farms they have in North Korea to make profits for others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join