It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vs North America: Who is the true enemy of the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Waking up today and perusing MSM I'm bombarded with what I consider a lack of news. Immediately news reports start firing off statistical numbers that are supposed to paint North Korea as an awful brutal country. We're going to delve into human rights violations, suicide rates and total amount of citizens forced into labor camps or prisons.

NK:

Some 154,000 North Koreans live in prison camps, according to South Korean government estimates. (Other international bodies put the number at closer to 200,000). There are six camps, surrounded by electrified barbed wire. Two camps allow for some "rehabilitation" and release of prisoners the rest are prisons for life.

North America:

In total, 7,225,800 adults were under correctional supervision (probation, parole, jail, or prison) in 2009 – about 3.1% of adults in the U.S. resident population.

This number has been hidden from public scrutiny and has skyrocketed on the chart to between 10-15 million but this number is well hidden.

It costs about $800,000 USD per prisoner to house an inmate at the Guantanamo Bay detention center for a year. Part of that is the cost of food — about $40 USD a day per prisoner.

In Canada it costs 150,000 USD Annually, America reports that it only costs them 7,500.

Obviously the Americans are lying through their teeth, in actuality in USD the prison contracts in America are worth over 1 Trillion dollars alone, not including Fees, Fines, Surcharges, or the entire prison workforce.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now MSM likes to report that North Koreans have comprimised mental faculties and lower cognitive abilities due to starvation. If this is true then why are Americans deflecting on their educational systems crisis. Americans are allowing themselves to get dumber and dumber, not by your choice but our greedy politicians who demand budget cuts for pennies on the dollar.

A 2009 study found that U.S. students ranked 25th among 34 countries in math and science

Just 6 percent of U.S. students performed at the advanced level on an international exam administered in 56 countries in 2006. That proportion is lower than those achieved by students in 30 other countries.

Although the U.S. is not one of the nine countries that lost academic ground for the 14-year period between 1995 and 2009, more countries were improving at a rate significantly faster than that of the U.S. Researchers looked at data for 49 countries.

I guess eating GMO crap is the same as eating the shadows of a food, looks like we're mentally starving ourselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is reported that North Korea has a suicide rate 2.5 times that of South Korea, South Korea is the leader in suicide rates globally.

Let me show you how this North Korean suicide rate is false, if you commit suicide it is considered treason and if you commit treason your entire family is at risk. This is why North Korea has the LOWEST suicide risk, fear is one way to keep this number down. No one would risk their entire family over their personal misery, these Koreans are not greedy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We target North Korea with our bully tactics in the name of Human rights and we total up their acts of human rights violations and we post pictures of their 6 prison camps.....America has massive sprawling privately owned prisons dotted throughout its landscape. The total number of American prisons is skewed because most of these privatized "prisons" can double as "rehab" or "mental facilities".

Let's look into what is a Human Rights.....

Article 18. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 5. No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 4. No one shall be held in slavery or servitude;
slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 19. Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Article 3. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

America, stop turning a blind eye to the injustices commited on our soverign soil, WE are being persecuted wrongly while the world turns a blind eye. We have liberated our own constitutional rights, We have denied basic human rights to our own citizens and citizens of the world, We are being controlled by media into thinking, "it's not so bad over here compared to over there." then media furthers controls those by imposing an attitude of love it or leave it.

We are the ones who are prisoners and slaves to our debt system, since it's controlled by money and it's apparently legal in America the land of the free prison state.

YOU ARE NOT SAFE FROM YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

You cannot express any opinon safely in America without federal backlash, people can be incarcerated for a Facebook post.
You can be stripped of due process and held in indefinite detention.
You have torture, have been caught torturing people, you played it cool and said it was for national security.
You have secret prisons that even the world didn't know about.

Square off, you have a president who is the equivalent of a cinderalla story, who hangs out with celebrities and is awful at speeches, you have the ultimate puppet that is happy to go along with the show.

Be happy with your United States of MTV, go back to eating your GMO poisoned "food", it's proven that even if you were eating nothing the act of eating is healthy and illicits a positive response from your body. Go back to ignoring your floundering educational system that continues to get hammered by budget cuts for no reason, you generate so much money from prisons but seem to want to populate these prisons instead of ever shutting them down permanently.

Be happy until your Local law enforcement or the government authority decides to interfere in your life and reduce you to nothing but an inmate.

Just be happy you're not in North Korea right? A country that has a philosphy of self reliance, America? that philosphy is " as long as it's not me ".

edit on 7-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yawn... Seen these type of anti American bs threads a million times now.. especially with a rallying cry at the end... Where has your originality gone ats.. just he same crap re hashed over and over again...

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You cannot express any opinon safely in America without federal backlash

Well you apparently posted this thread freely.

I doubt you could do that in North Korea now could you.

Who's better again?

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is not an anti-american thread, this is an anti us government thread.

I am proamerica, prokorea, prohumanity and profreedom.

I want freedom for all but I know we must start at home before anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Who's better again?

You say this while ignoring the fact that March 1st, 2012 the internet is monitored and your IP's get flagged for government supervision if you show interest in blacklisted topics.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

Who's better again?

You say this while ignoring the fact that March 1st, 2012 the internet is monitored and your IP's get flagged for government supervision if you show interest in blacklisted topics.

I would actually be disappointed in our government if they didn't have a 2 inch thick binder containing all my questionable internet activity already.

That being said, I am not tossed into a gulag somewhere for speaking out now am I?
edit on 7-4-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
wow...I didn't know there were north Koreans that are ATS members...lil' kim must have signed them up...uhmm, if what you say is true....there should be millions waiting to immigrate to north korea, at the gates pleading to be let in to live in the glorious country of north korea

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Who's better again?

I would actually be disappointed in our government if they didn't have a 2 inch thick binder containing all my questionable internet activity already.

That being said, I am not tossed into a gulag somewhere for speaking out now am I?

You can be if you say the magic words, don't deny this. Plenty have faced incarceration over Facebook alone.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey, OP? watch this 3 part series from a couple men who have been inside the place you're talking about and filmed plenty while there to inform the rest of us.

Vice Guide to North Korea

It's well worth the time it takes. Once you get into the first couple minutes of Part 1? I think you'll find it addictive unless you're just flat out agenda driven and truth seeking isn't the goal here.

There is absolutely no comparison on any level, in any reality between the United States (Or ANY other nation in the world, for that matter) and North Korea. None. Period. Full Stop. It's another case where I don't put 'IMO' on the end, because opinion just doesn't apply for that and seeing is believing. Really.. You HAVE to SEE it ..to believe it. It couldn't be fully accepted any other way.

The interesting part of the Vice guide is that he went into North Korea through the back door, so to speak but after seeing the DMZ from South Korea. By the look of things, he was literally at the SAME checkpoint crossing on both the North AND South. Amazing as he's among the few in the world to have ever done that, and left the DPRK to talk about it or the contrast.

That series should be required viewing for serious people on this topic, IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wow...I didn't know there were north Koreans that are ATS members...lil' kim must have signed them up...uhmm, if what you say is true....there should be millions waiting to immigrate to north korea, at the gates pleading to be let in to live in the glorious country of north korea

I am Korean, I do not identify with north or south, there is not a huge difference like North and South America and as any Korean we have family that are seperated. Something America does not have to worry about because you don't house foreign invaders.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Who's better again?

You can be if you say the magic words, don't deny this. Plenty have faced incarceration over Facebook alone.

How many exactly?

Thats like saying the Americans are worse than Nazi's because we put Japanese in internment camps. The situations are not comparable in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Should I show the deplorable situations in America? In the rust crust of middle America? It looks like a warzone in detroit and chicago filled with dilapated structures and crime rampant.

The starving school children of America?

The homeless and poor?

What is your 1 video going to show me that I haven't seen in America?

You're ignoring the same situation on our soil in America.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Go find out yourself if you're so inclined to comment and not add anytink at all. If you're spurned to start asking questions seek the answers yourself.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Go find out yourself if you're so inclined to comment and not add anytink at all. If you're spurned to start asking questions seek the answers yourself.

I haven't posted anything that requires a link yet. And what exactly do I need to find out about?

You bring up random statistics and use that as a factual basis for your argument. Look at your crime statistics. Those imprisoned in America broke the law, regardless on whether you believe its a good law or not, it was still a law and nobody forced them to do it.

In North Korea you don't need to break a law to go to prison, you only need to be a supposed enemy of the State. Do you think if the ruling party there considers you a threat that all you need to do is get a good lawyer and you will get off or do you think you will be eliminated regardless of your guilt or innocence?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am facing 99 years in federal prison, I did not commit a crime, the officer almost shot me and my significant other in my house. Accidental discharge but to cover his ass and the cities ass, I am a suspect who attempted to kill him when I only opened my front door.

You must be privileged, it must be nice eating fabrege eggs and escargot topped with beluga caviar.

I don't have to link anything because you would just ignore the links to voice your windy opinion about nothing.

In america you don't even have to commit a crime, just be accused of one.

Here's your reality check that doesnt' apply to you because you obviously exist above reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Explanation: S&F!

This simple for me ... NK and SK are both the VICTIMS in this 50+yrs long BS war.

HERE are the REAL CRIMINALS ...

The 5 permanant members of the UN Security Council!

United Nations Security Council [wiki]

• China

• USA

• Russia

• UK

• France

Personal Disclosure: If anybody wants to know why ... then just look at the hypocrisy that is plain as daylight ok.

The biggest enemy is faceless ... it has no national desire ... it is corruption that is the worlds worst enemy ... and it is embodied as the UN security councils 5 permanant members who are indeed the NWO and have been the NWO since the end of WW2.

If anybody is still wonder what the freaking hell the hypocrisy is then it is this simple ok ...

5 Permanant members to rest of the world "We can have nukes ... you can't ... WHY? .. Oh because we will nuke you"!

Rest of the world ... "Oh thank you enlightend great masters of time and space" /proceeds to kiss arse!

Iran and NK "Come at me Bro!"

Bottom feeding is for carp ...not humans!

The NK recently offered peace ... had that thrown back in their face!

Now everbodys emo that they will nuke us!

Well we had our chance and we on our lonely island earth...

... threw it on the ground! :shk:

• posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
    link   
    If this escalates there will be no "good guys" just bad people that cannot resolve differences without killing innocent civilians. Humans are a stupid animal that has made all these technological advancements to better our species but don't give one damn about taking life. It is enough to make you want to scream.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
    link   
    I don't even see how you can compare the US to North Korea at all. You would be better comparing it to China.
    When comparing it to the US on the prison system it holds no ground. You break the law and get tossed in jail here. Continue and you earn a prison term. North Korea just disliking the government will get you there or as even you claim killing yourself will get your whole family in.

Sorry I just can't compare here and truly believe North Korea would be better off if they were restructured. The way they are running the country isn't working and innocent people are paying the price it should have been done a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
    link   

I am facing 99 years in federal prison, I did not commit a crime, the officer almost shot me and my significant other in my house. Accidental discharge but to cover his ass and the cities ass, I am a suspect who attempted to kill him when I only opened my front door.

You must be privileged, it must be nice eating fabrege eggs and escargot topped with beluga caviar.

I don't have to link anything because you would just ignore the links to voice your windy opinion about nothing.

In america you don't even have to commit a crime, just be accused of one.

Here's your reality check that doesnt' apply to you because you obviously exist above reality.

Well I'm sure your leaving a detail or two out of your story but if your that innocent I know a first year law student that could get you off.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
    link   
    Your question is subject to interpretation and perspective. Because I dwell in North America I am biased. There is good food, good music, good distractions but your thread really illuminated how many people are in correctional facilities and how the decay of decadence is starting to rust this continent.

Turning to North Korea, we have an authoritarian state with fewer Disney lands. Yet, are they the "true enemy of the world?"

I argue that the true enemy of the world is not North America or North Korea but rather all the state actors who have never heard the saying, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Individuals, not states, are the decision-makers who influence the lives of other individuals. The sooner we suck it up and realize that, the easier it becomes to take a photo with Mickey Mouse and the Disney Princesses.
    edit on 7-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join