It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Defense Minister Authorizes SDF Forces to Shoot Down NorK Missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Saw this update. Japan IS taking the threats of North Korea very seriously. Not unexpected given the rhetoric lately, but ups the ante considerably. Here is a link to Free Repubilic (posting by an American living in Tokyo--his source--as explained--Yahoo News Japan--translated into English):

www.freerepublic.com...

(Mods, I placed this i the Japan forum as it originates from there easier today--if this was the wrong forum, please correct).

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder...

Could they be faking a nucleair attack and blaming NK
just to cover up for fukishima radiation disasters in the future..?

Naa.. I think that it's too far..

But I still can't believe NK could be so so stupid to attack anyone with nukes..

Unless it's part of the plan. The new boy leader is sttil young aand unexperienced, he could be a MK ultra like result, or otherly brainwashed.

Maybe he is willingly sacrificing NK for the larger plan (And the promise of a private island in the carribean)

Ok.. back to reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I trust the poster "American in Tokyo" as his/her reports on both EQs and the after effects of Fukishima have been devoid of political slant, just "reporting" what they see.

Your theory is as plausible as any--crazy times within which we live--but I found the posting of today, with Japanese military assets at the ready and orders given, to be more accepting of the very real threat than what the US government is publicly saying. Obviously, geographically Japan's readiness makes sense--and possibly (hopefully) US assets at the ready as well. But the public proclamation of Japanese Defense makes it all the more real.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Why bother with nukes? Couldn't they cripple the US with a well placed EMP strike?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Explanation: Yes they could ... but might be easier to just cut as many of the submarine communications cables and isolate the USA bandwidth wise!

The USA, and the rest of then world, relies heavily on such connectivity to do both trade and conduct covert cyberwarfare and intelligence stuff.

The USA currently, and the rest of the world, is financially in a very precarious position and it would only take a good solid knock to its ability to communicate for it to be seriously in dire straights!

Personal Disclosure: Nuking the USA would be just for show methinks!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

With three well placed LEO detonations, they could knock out the entire power grid for the the USA.

A high-altitude nuclear detonation produces an immediate flux of gamma rays from the nuclear reactions within the device. These photons in turn produce high energy free electrons by Compton scattering at altitudes between (roughly) 20 and 40 km. These electrons are then trapped in the Earth�s magnetic field, giving rise to an oscillating electric current. This current is asymmetric in general and gives rise to a rapidly rising radiated electromagnetic field called an electromagnetic pulse (EMP). Because the electrons are trapped essentially simultaneously, a very large electromagnetic source radiates coherently.

Nuclear Weapon EMP Effects

Of course this would require a level of control of trajectory that, so far, NK has yet to demonstrate.

But they'd also need a bit bigger boombers than they've let off so far.

I'm more concerned they might try to sneak the pieces in and assemble one in the back of a box truck or some such.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Greetings there old buddy:

It is quite interesting that all you 'targets' in Texas don't freely give up Alex Jones to young Kim J.U. so as to take Austin off the North Korea target list.

If nothing else, to save the historic belly-up bars. Besides that, you still owe me drink: Is the Horseshoe still in business?

Also, would hate to think of moving that tree again so as to escape the blast zone.

Back to topic: the elephant in the room is still the 104 Commercial Nuclear Reactors that would Nukushima from the postulated North Korean EMP effect and the fact that all cooling would cease at all nuclear facilities and their respective spent fuel cooling ponds as soon as the fuel for the backup generators runs out causing multiple Fukushima-like meltdowns - or worse.

Ask your local officials as to what their plan is for that all-to-likely scenario at the community level.

Better yet, ask yourself as to what your plan is for that all-to-likely scenario.

Not a laughing matter now, is it?

These morons playing this high-stakes game of chicken just might make a mistake and take down the whole of humanity with them.

Unless, of course, this is all part of The Plan...

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
what good does hitting us with an emp when we can literally turn their country to glass? you hit America with an emp yeah your gonna screw up electronics....of the civilians not the bulk of the hardened military connections and whatnot not to mention our three tiered deterrence(subs bombers ICBMs) we have 18 Ohio class submarines of those 14 are armed with trident 2 missiles (24 of them some of them with MIRV warheads)coming out to a grand total of at least 336 nuclear missiles with up to 4032 independently target-able warheads capable of striking separate targets with the other 4 being converted to special forces work/conventional cruise missile armaments with each one having over 154 tomahawk cruise missiles on board (something like 616 between all of them) and regardless of how hard we get hit they will devastate any one who does such things to us as their sole purpose is to scorch the homelands of any one foolish enough to nuke/emp us and that is just our submarines

while im not to worried about an emp others may not have gravity fed wells(mine works with out power) or a organized community to fall back on but to think that the usa would come out worse off in that kind of exchange then north Korea is madness its not like north Korea is Russia whom MADD applies to less so to china but they at least can hit the bulk of our country with ICBMs.

i am personally more worried what they will do to their neighbors (japan and south korea) then i am about what they can do to us

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

i am personally more worried what they will do to their neighbors (japan and south korea) then i am about what they can do to us

I agree with you on this, my suggestion was considering they opt to include us in their attack strategy at any point.

And yes Thor, I'm well aware of the cascade effects should our grid be disabled by whatever means, be it human activity or a violent eruption from the sun. And of course you know I know, and I know you were accentuating the point for those who may not consider those ramifications of an extended power outage.

Back to the topic, lil Kim was raised to believe he's a god amongst his people and that kind of ego married with things that to boom is never a good combination.

If I were anywhere within a few hundred kilometers of NK I'd be looking for a place to which to bug.
edit on 7-4-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What happens if Japan try ?
Is that the overt act that will send millions of starving NKs across the DMZ, armed to the teeth and ready to kill and eat the first thing they see?
Then theres te chance of a miss.....would that embolden Kimmy to send four or five more down the range to test japans anti missile missile?
The whole stupidity is being manipulated for several dark reasons we dont see.....

Just a thought, as japan bought a couple of islands from russia ecently, (with more land mass than Japan proper....maybe they plan to evacuate japan after the NKs get blamed for irradiating the place.

edit on 7-4-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

star for bringing up somehing that is almost never brought up these days that kim is in his mind and some of his people a living god almost akin to how the japanese emperor was in ww2 and we all know how fanatically the japanese fought so it stands to reason kim might have his own fanatics

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

from how i gather it i dont think the japanese shooting it down would be an act of war more of one of defense,now if they shot down one that was launching a satellite then that could be construed as one.

i think it would be an escalation though(by the north koreans) and a loss of face if the Japanese shot it down too,but i think japan would need to modify its constitution to actually invade or counter attack NK as i think they are prevented from aggressive actions by the end of ww 2 treaty hence why we(usa) defend and insure their security

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I found another source if it adds to things here.

Japan has ordered its armed forces to shoot down any North Korean missile headed towards its territory, a defence ministry spokesman said Monday as speculation grows Pyongyang may fire one this week.

Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera issued the order, which will see Aegis destroyers equipped with sea-based interceptor missiles deployed in the Sea of Japan, the defence official said.
Source

It would seem to be routine by what they also say in the article. However, that sounds to me like cute plays on words. What, precisely would be routine about much of anything right at the moment over there? More pieces in play for a game we can't be sure what the rules are as public observers.

At least I can feel a little better knowing there are more destroyers headed into the waters there. The more there are, the less likely numbers could overwhelm Aegis systems and the less a threat Kim becomes by the day.

I agree with others in saying within 7-10 days? Kims options dwindle to very few beyond being a loud mouth ...and he has that one down cold already. Nothing new there. ....just gotta get through the 7-10 days without him doing something rash.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

But I still can't believe NK could be so so stupid to attack anyone with nukes..

No, you're quite right. No one thinks NK will.

new topics

top topics

join