It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a Crime for 12-Year-Olds to Read The New York Times Online

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

How are people supposed to enforce rules without courts? You want to go back to the wild west ways? You owe me money, pay up or I'll shoot you. You broke our agreement and screwed me out of millions of dollars. But no, I can't sue you because our rules weren't real laws, I have to deal with it myself. Or someone is in your store without a shirt on. Should the store owner not be able to call the cops? Because that IS what you are proposing. While what you say would work for extremely minor things, there are many cases where it becomes ridiculous.

i'm not sure you've heard of the mystical power wielded by moderators? it's called the ban-hammer. as for physical property, tell them to get off. if they don't comply, either come back with a gun or call the police, because that actually IS a crime enforceable by law.

what i proposed works quite well governing rules that apply to private property. rules that are not law, but the personal conditions of use as decided by the owner. these private rules in no way nullify or modify existing law.

in your scenario, the person who violated the contract would be breaking a law, and you could easily take them to court.

if a sign on a playground says "don't jump off the swings" and a child does and gets hurt, what i set up in my last post would keep the parents from suing.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When I was 10-14yrs old and growing up in Boston, I was an agent of The Boston Globe. I delivered about 120 of their papers every morning and, yes, I did browse through the headlines when I had extras or when my parents had their copy out on the kitchen counter or table during breakfast. If the laws existed for printed matter back then, there would have been a whole lot of kids in trouble for this.

I fail to see how online print is any different from paper and ink?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The NYT is garbage. Bloomberg should ban it since its a toxic virus

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I personally think its a crime for anyone to be reading the new york times, or any other banker/propaganda rag. Think for yourself. True truth comes from within.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join