It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title says: Feds identify 300,000 Americans as Terrorist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

Do you hate paying taxes? Are you fighting foreclosure? Do you feel like no one should be allowed to commit violence against you and don't always blindly follow the commands of the authorities? Do you film encounters with police or believe gold makes better currency than Federal Reserve Notes? Well you might be part of a domestic terrorism movement and not even know it.

Some may argue that if an armed stranger forced you to pull over your car, or demanded entry into your home at the threat of shooting you or putting you in a cage, it could be considered an act of aggression or violence against you as a free and sovereign human no matter what assumed authority the aggressors think they possess. Strip away labels and you are defined by your actions. What does that say about actions of the cops or the feds?

The article from activist web sight makes some good points depending on what you think of such things however, the article has very little to do with the actual referenced article from www.latimes.com... which is more about police recognizing a threat and taking proper precautions. Even the title is slightly misleading for the true number is unknown.

Agendas on both sides of the isle really get to me sometimes. Police would like to survive their job and retire all in one piece no surprise there.

Are there "Roid Cops"... lord knows we have seen enough youtube videos to think so, let the evidence speak for itself........ but.......most cops, with the obvious few exceptions, are hard working people who unfortunately are not liked by many citizens because they are perceived as the front line enforces for the government..In some ways it is a circle of escalating hatred and violence...

You give some cops attitude and you may end up in the dirt crying for your momma. I did not say either action is right; just an action reaction sort of thing. Daddy cop shows problem child their behavior will not be tolerated.

If you read both articles the first one from the Activist Post will probably get your blood pressure up while the LA Times article makes more of a case for the training.....Regardless it appears citizens are becoming more and more likely to be looked upon by their government in less than favorable ways....Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

After much thought I have come to the sad conclusion that unless you are a paid politician or a major contributor to a politician or major political party then you are probably a terrorist- at least in the eyes of the government.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Does that include telepathic terrorists?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Meh...i suppose since i wish for an end to the federal reserve and agree with some of the other "qualifications" to be deemed a member of this group i must be a terrorist...except since i dont try to steal or falsify records or shoot people my guess is ill be "allowed" to continue to spread my anti-government propaganda....

Even though i can respect officers as people doing a job, wether i agree with them or not, if i commit a crime in the pursuance of my "ideology" then i suppose i should excpect to see an officer.

Both of these articles are disturbing, the idea that officers are being trained to percieve someone who questions then as a "potential violent threat" is absurd and for any law enforcement community to use the guidelines mentioned to "profile" someone as a sovereign citizen is disturbing at best.

On the other hand, to not take into account the violent actions of some and to try and pin a martyr status upon them in order to conjure some form of pity for a movement is also careless and reckless.

Its gonna be a bumpy road...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So, if I don't like Obama.....

Am I a terrorist?

A racist?

Or both?

I just wonder, because I have been called a racist on ATS for disliking Obama, but I hear the Aryan Brotherhood and KKK won't let mixed breeds like me join.

I haven't been called a terrorist on ATS, but I guess the feds think I am one.
edit on 7-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
the police in my mind are the worst people on earth. nothing more than paid u.s. terrorists

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by 727Sky

After much thought I have come to the sad conclusion that unless you are a paid politician or a major contributor to a politician or major political party then you are probably a terrorist- at least in the eyes of the government.

An excellent point!

If you are on a list, you can just buy your way out! Never mind if you are an actual terrorist or not!

(see Saudi by-passing TSA thread)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
On a federal list today.

IN a federal facility tomorrow...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I find very few men worthy of being called a hero.

I also find that the few men I consider heroes would be considered terrorists by this criminal government.

I guess I know where that leaves me.

Interesting that the men I consider heroes are the ones responsible for founding this country.

edit on 7-4-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This popped out at me from the article.

Some squat in foreclosed homes and file phony deeds claiming ownership

Whereas "sovereigns" do exist, I find this addition to the definition of a "sovereign" to be very, very interesting. I have a question though...does it make this lady a "sovereign"?

www.kare11.com...

That said, I'm sadly unsurprised by the rest. On ATS, I've seen a pattern of people linking very misinforming articles in regards to the value of the dollar that is borderline inflammatory/fear mongering. Biggest site that churns out this stuff is www.silverdoctors.com.... Whereas most people probably wouldn't fall under the definition of an actual "sovereign", I could definitely see that articles such as the ones that get churned out of the aforementioned site could lead a certain type of person to more extreme action and a greater conviction towards their beliefs because they become "evidence" to prove them. However...

Even nonviolent sovereigns can cause headaches through what Finch calls "paper terrorism."

First Amendment, anyone? Besides, if they want to talk about paper terrorism, maybe they should look at most news outlets...Or are they talking about the bureaucracy headaches only and not any form of press? Clear as mud there.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In my wayback machine I remember quite a bit of discussion about the word "terrorist" and how certain folks decades ago were worried it would be misused and applied to almost anyone by redefining definitions - well they were right in their concern.

Sarc, on

Now I am surrounded by terrorists in my own neighborhood that vehemenently disagree with the government, vote for the opposition and they keep extra food for gods sake! and whispering now, the have guns too! They actually are bold enough to have and express opinions about political subjects out in the open - can ya belive that? and they don't even recycle - heathens sans terrorists is what they are and I'm surrounded.

OMG!!! someone get Jan Jan on the horn quick!

Sarc, off

The moving and ever so belastic definitions put forth by the alphabets is getting dangerous as a group think exercise and long term behavior modification device.

Soon it will be easier to identify one who is not terroristic than one who is by this out of hand and out of control government seeking ways to marginalize, criminalize or outright stomp down any opposition even that which is constitutionally protected by putting wholesale groups under misdirected suspician.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Does that include telepathic terrorists?

NOT YET.....
But they do have facial recognition software which analyses whether you are an immediately potential terrorist......
And profiles to indicate whether youll be a future terrorist....
And blood tests to see if you carry the dread terrorist gene.....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

The moving and ever so belastic definitions put forth by the alphabets is getting dangerous as a group think exercise and long term behavior modification device.

Soon it will be easier to identify one who is not terroristic than one who is by this out of hand and out of control government seeking ways to marginalize, criminalize or outright stomp down any opposition even that which is constitutionally protected by putting wholesale groups under misdirected suspician.

I think you pointed to where the "FEAR" is created. We are constantly bombarded with "don't do this" or you will get on some secret list you can never get off of; "don't film this building" or you will become a suspected terrorist making plans for some horrible deed. "See something say something" which has it's place in the big scheme of things but ferments mistrust on so many different levels...I think most Americans would call if they saw something out of the ordinary and thought dangerous or criminal.

.I have written this before but I will write again.....I worked for NSA (DERNSA I think was the abbreviation but it was so hidden even I have forgotten after 40 years!!!)) once upon a time and there are some truly dedicated, smart individuals there, however, there were also some total paranoid freaks IMO who on the surface could function in a society or organization because they were smart enough to keep their true feelings and beliefs hidden to themselves. They could have made Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc etc blush or think twice... . I do believe the later has been promoted to positions of power by reading some of the inane responses that come out of Washington in the name of Homeland security and the never ending battle against bad people they define or anyone who might disagree with their policies and procedures.

We need strong principled politicians (not bought and paid for politicians) who believe in truth, justice and the American way of life without letting the paranoid skitsoes or U.N. destroy the Constitution. hahhaha bet that made a list somewhere!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Not all terrorist are who you think.
Groups like Earth First, Earth Liberation Front, PETA have all been listed by the federal government as Terrorist organizations
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Something that was once said at the ending of a movie comes to mind..."All we want is for our country to love us as much as we love it".

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Slowly eroding the 1st Amendment every day. When will people wake up and start to realize that this is no joke. George Orwell's 1984 should be something everyone reads once. After reading that, all of this makes a lot more sense. We can all see it but there aren't enough of us..

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Slowly eroding the 1st Amendment every day. When will people wake up and start to realize that this is no joke. George Orwell's 1984 should be something everyone reads once. After reading that, all of this makes a lot more sense. We can all see it but there aren't enough of us..

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

And the 4th not to mention the attacks on the 2d

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Yes and it probably infringes on several others including the 10th by the government using powers not lawfully granted to them.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I wonder what percentage of 300,000 Americans are members of ATS??

ATS, stop giving them OUR info!!!

(I love federal reserve notes, the government, and every decision they make).....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
www.activistpost.com...

Do you hate paying taxes? Are you fighting foreclosure? Do you feel like no one should be allowed to commit violence against you and don't always blindly follow the commands of the authorities? Do you film encounters with police or believe gold makes better currency than Federal Reserve Notes? Well you might be part of a domestic terrorism movement and not even know it.

Some may argue that if an armed stranger forced you to pull over your car, or demanded entry into your home at the threat of shooting you or putting you in a cage, it could be considered an act of aggression or violence against you as a free and sovereign human no matter what assumed authority the aggressors think they possess. Strip away labels and you are defined by your actions. What does that say about actions of the cops or the feds?

The article from activist web sight makes some good points depending on what you think of such things however, the article has very little to do with the actual referenced article from www.latimes.com... which is more about police recognizing a threat and taking proper precautions. Even the title is slightly misleading for the true number is unknown.

Agendas on both sides of the isle really get to me sometimes. Police would like to survive their job and retire all in one piece no surprise there.

Are there "Roid Cops"... lord knows we have seen enough youtube videos to think so, let the evidence speak for itself........ but.......most cops, with the obvious few exceptions, are hard working people who unfortunately are not liked by many citizens because they are perceived as the front line enforces for the government..In some ways it is a circle of escalating hatred and violence...

You give some cops attitude and you may end up in the dirt crying for your momma. I did not say either action is right; just an action reaction sort of thing. Daddy cop shows problem child their behavior will not be tolerated.

If you read both articles the first one from the Activist Post will probably get your blood pressure up while the LA Times article makes more of a case for the training.....Regardless it appears citizens are becoming more and more likely to be looked upon by their government in less than favorable ways....Thoughts?

take anything any media source says with a grain of salt, i say.

i don't think that is remotely why most people hate the police, the average person believes the cop is pulling them over because the cop is a power hungry idiot who wants to ruin their day.
the average person believes that the cop is singling them out, when the facts are that the person ran a red light, or ran a stop sign or crossed a lane without looking, or a million other things that at some other time would kill someone.
the person getting pulled over doesn't think about his own actions at all, they feel entitled to not do so and everyone else be damned. even when their actions would hurt others someday if they keep doing it.
sadly most people are self-centered idiots who believe they are the only ones that ever get pulled over and those accidents on the news are never the result of something like they did.

what you said is why ATS hates cops, the rest of the human race just hates them because of what i said. then again a majority of people know that cops normally are just doing their jobs, they just want to have a pity party when they get a ticket.
there are always idiots in a job, no matter what it is, being a police man is a job that the media plays off as having power and idiots looking for easy power over others will join the police.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join