It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC San Diego:Alarming report of Fukushima fallout harming U.S. infants!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
ABC San Diego: Alarming report of Fukushima fallout harming U.S. infants
University of California, Berkeley - Department of Nuclear Engineering
Fri, 2013-04-05 21:14

ABC San Diego, April 5, 2013: Two years later, the nuclear disaster in Fukushima, Japan may be affecting the health of young children in San Diego.

In a study of states in the West Coast and in the Pacific, infants born soon after the nuclear disaster were 28 percent more likely to develop congenital hypothyroidism, which can lead to stunted growth. In California, that number jumped to 39 percent. Critics say there is still no direct evidence those radiation levels can harm humans.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

edit on 7-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Fukushima fallout sickens U.S. babies?

Children born in Pacific coastal states in 2011 may be at greatest risk.

A new study suggests what many worldwide have feared -- that the devastation from the traveling radiation has in fact sickened infants in other countries, including babies born shortly after the incident in Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and California.

The explosions produced the radioisotope iodine-131, which floated east over the Pacific Ocean and landed through precipitation on West Coast states as well as other Pacific countries. The levels of that isotope were measured in levels hundreds of times greater than supposedly safe levels

Fukushima fallout appeared to affect all areas of the U.S., and was especially large in some, mostly in the western part of the nation, the study said. Even worse, other conditions affecting babies born in that time frame may have been caused or worsened by Fukushima, the researchers said.

Scary? You bet. But information is power. If you have a baby born in March or April 2011 and you live on the Pacific Coast of the U.S. (or other Pacific countries), ask your pediatrician to test your child for congenital hypothyroidism -- and anything else he or she believes could have been caused by radiation.

Two years and one month after the meltdown, we’re only just beginning to understand how the nuclear catastrophe affected the health of people living around the vast Pacific Ocean.

healthyliving.msn.com...

grist.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
“Radiation epidemic” killing So. California sea lions? Gov’t experts now checking animals for contamination from Fukushima Daiichi
Source: The Orange County Register
Date: April 6, 2013 at 1:46a ET

NOAA investigates: natural die-off, radiation?

A team of experts assembled by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency is looking into radiation from Japan’s nuclear disaster as one of several possible causes of the ongoing sea lion stranding along Southern California beaches. [...]

Sea lions keep washing ashore, many in more critical condition than in the weeks before.

[...] All sea lions present similar symptoms, including dehydration and starvation. Some are also showing secondary infections. In Ventura County, mammal centers are finding a high amount of lice. [...]

“The radiation epidemic could be a potential cause,” [Sarah Wilkin, NOAA's California stranding coordinator] said. “We need to look at what’s different in 2013 as compared to 2012, 2011 and 2010. “We will work with lab tests that look at radionuclide signatures. Scientifically, we don’t think radiation is the cause but without testing and data we can’t say for sure. We need to rule it in or out.” [...]

“Marine mammals are sentinels of the eco system,” Wilkin said. [...]

enenews.com... aiichi

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Alarming report of Fukushima fallout harming Japanese infants!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Alarming report of Fukushima fallout harming Japanese infants!

Many many of you still don't get it, after more of two years ..

I see that all the time, that's way I post so many about this ..

People in Japan knows how bad situation is, but you at west coast of US oh my who knows probably is better way to lying your self's ..

But I will tell you this, some area of west side of Japan get a less radiation from west coast of U.S. so think one more time, can be only worse there also radiation particles can not be cleaned they just accumulate and it's only beginning of very long process ..

Read this ..

reply to post by MariaLida

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Looking at the map of the Jetstream, it still is worse in Japan. Its yellow/orange and US is light blue/blue.
I´m not downplaying. Yes it is fatal for the whole world.
BTW, we in Europe got some radioactive fallout besides that we are eastbound of Chernobyl, back then.

About your second link. What do you want to express with that picture? For randomness, I choose 3 years earlier.

Explain the difference please and what you read out from this. If you need to use charts to proof a point, better look at more then one....Do you want to imply the fallout cools down the sea temperature levels or what?

Edit: I see you mean the temperature difference at the coast of japan. See nothing anormal with that, if you take into account that the core probably melted into the sea by now.
edit on 7-4-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I will not even try to explain to "persons" like you, also your statements are very wrong ..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

No need to call me "a person like you".
You do not even know me.
Read up on my recent posts and you will see how I think about nuclear energy.
Well, if discussion with me is not welcomed, I´ll accept that and leave this thread.
Have a nice day.

PS: You left me very curious about the "statements" of mine that are wrong in your opinion. Maybe you could inform me about that, U2U is nice, too.
edit on 7-4-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Firstly, there exists a thread on this subject already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Secondly, the paper appears to be a junk-science propaganda piece written by someone (Joseph J. Mangano) who has been proven to have been discredited with his other junk-science papers.

Don't believe the hype put out by propagandists.

edit on 7-4-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

you mean propaganda like what's put out by TEPCO? or just general propaganda from random citizens?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So... I'm not a Raving Paranoid Lunatic going on about the long term effects of what is The largest Industrial Accident in all of History. I've been going on and on about this ever since Both Tremor Skimmer and my Phones Quake app's Alarms went off in the wee hours of the morning here. First thing that come to my mind was if the N.P.P.'s were secure. Sadly my concerns were always right all along. Even though most locals started to raise a brow when i started to talk about this topic.

I wish i were wrong and a Lunatic, But the Evidence has been there all along as i had figured.

What great accomplishments we as a race have done, also what travesties we also have caused.

With Knowledge comes an ever more important Responsibility.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I'm surprised to see Mangano's paper on post-Fukushima hypothyroidism dismissed on ATS as junk science. It was recently presented at a New York city conference on the medical and ecological aftermath of Fukushima. The session moderator, who is also the chair of epidemiology at Columbia University, praised Mangano's findings on hypothyroidism. That moderator also checked with other researchers about the reliability of the morbidity (sickness) databases used by Mangano, and that information is widely viewed in the medical field as highly reliable.

The respected Ex-SKF blogger in Japan did point out one question with the Mangano hypothyroidism paper:

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

According to Ex-SKF the metric for the analysis of cesium density should possibly be square meters, not cubic meters.
edit on 4/8/2013 by Uphill because: Added a link.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Fukushima is a mess. Everyone posts it daily. What's your novel point

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Blah wow. Indicate how your above the idiots in our species. Don't speak for us all it appears
It's if you know something we don't.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

And the fallout is only beginning - I live in the midwest - I know we're getting it too. Follow the jetstream.

I wonder how much we're consuming in the vegetables we're going to try to be growing this summer - I wonder how m uch we get from the milk, when the cows are eating radiation in the ground/grass.

Fukushima is still melting down, and has been since the first quake.

We're all going to be effected.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There's no doubt radiation from Fukushima has been affecting the Pacific, along with western states, since March 11.

It's horrible, and that rise on ocean temp around Fukushima is curious in its own right, but I know for a fact Cesium 137 has been hitting the west coast since late March of that year...

Since then the radiation has circumvented the globe entirely and thoroughly.
Now it's just a matter of continuing to document the negative effects of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

bs, look for local stories of something exploding or leaking, or some underground toxic waste vault thats been washing into drinking water,,or the very fact there are articles showing that major nuclear plants have been leaking out there and in mid west for over 15 years lol, fukashima my ass.

i dont doubt that "some" of the radiation is effecting west coast , how can it not, but the very fact they make this mainstream media and not the real facts the plant owners have been killing people and giving them cancer for 15-25 years should be the real story ^^

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Hey, I've got a good idea - let's put nuclear waste in big steel containers and then bury them in the mountains in known earthquake prone fault lines. That'll work real good.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

no a better idea is building a nuke plant on a fault line on the edge of the ocean, oh wait its been done DAMN

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Iodine deficiency is a culprit in hypothyroidism. Aparently we are not getting enough iodine in the food we eat due to poor soil quality.

new topics

top topics

join