It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Most Paradigm Shifting Online Information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
While commenting on a thread recently regarding the ridicule one often face when stating that one has done research on a subject online; I realized that I had learned so many things, about several and various topics, while searching the web for information, that I never had been taught in school and would have never learned anything about if it wasn't for the Internet.

Now, I became intrigued and curious, wondering what other ATS members have learned online that has changed their world-view or perception on history, life and reality.

Personally, one of the most profound and life changing pieces of information and material I have been blessed to have stumbled upon online is regarding the mystery of the pyramids in Giza, how they are said to have been buildt and specifics regarding the structures themselves, such as;

The great pyramid, towering at approximately 481 feet, was the tallest building for over 3,800 years, until the late 19th century when the Eifel Tower was buildt and it is said to have been constructed by primitive Egyptians using only copper chisels, stone hammers, vine ropes and so on.
It contains over 2,3 millions limestone blocks, some weighting between 20-80 tons, which are so precisely put in place that in most instances one cannot even slip a razor blade between the cracks.
Contrary to what most people believe, it is not only 4-sided, as each of the four base sides bulge in slightly in the middle, making it 8-sided which is only visible during the equinoxes.
It is the most accurately aligned structure to true North ever constructed.
Cut straight through the solid rock there are precisely aligned square shafts, pointing towards stars on the Southern and Northern sky, no bigger than 20 by 20 centimetres in diameter, that no one accurately can explain how they were made.
Egyptologists say the great pyramid was constructed under 20 years, so that the pharoahe Khufu could witness its glory before he was burried in it, which there is no evidence of ever happening, suggesting that one limestone block, had to be perfectly put in place, every 2 minutes, for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for 20 years.
Source

That is probably the most mind-blowing information I have learnt online, that I was never taught in school for some reason, that changed my perspective regarding history.

Now, I am interested to hear what other ATS members have learned online that have changed their life in some way that they may think other members could find intruiging! So please share the wealth of ground-breaking and fascinating information! It does not matter in which field it belongs as long as it is not discriminating towards any ethnic group and so forth of course!

edit on 7-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It was the Great Pyramids for me as well, once I learned about the accuracy required for the entire structure it was enough spark my interest in the unknown. Took a plane surveying course so the tiny error of a couple minutes to truth north is mind blasting. What's even crazier is the Golden Ratio, speed of light, pi, Earth's circumference to diameter ratio, all hidden in the measurements of the structure. The "unknown" architect/engineers definitely wanted to leave a message because I cannot imagine the effort required at that time. Soon after I found out about ATS

edit on 7-4-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Indeed, the pyramids are great eye-openers! Regarding the true North alignment, it is also worth considering continental drift. It may have been perfectly aligned once upon a time!

I think the mystery of the pyramids alone was enough to make me dive into all of the mysterious subjects such as ancient civilizations, mythology, legends and theology, spirituality, meta-physics, sacred geometry, philosophy, history, linguistics, ufology, cryptozoology, secret societies and conspiracies. It's been quite a ride!

Some times it seems like the dots are being connected and I am getting one step closer to the truth, only to discover something new that is even more confusing than the last discovery. Hopefully we may get some solid answers in due time!

edit on 7-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Human nature. Seeing it online in every form can render your own struggle rather impotent.

Some things I wish I had not, but I was in a mind set that I guess needed to view extreme gore, which subsequently never left my imagination. And some things you stumble upon online by accident and wish you could mentally erase..

But over time I guess I've seen so much variety in people online it's almost like being present at a gathering but sitting in the back, just listening. It has made me understand how everyone of us has that thing inside that we define as us. And when we really think about that thing, it strikes us as how individual we are. We often act in a flock mentality, but when cornered each person has that thing that remains with us - from as early as the first time we pondered where we came from as infants, to the day we die, knowing that this thing, this me, is about to stop being.

and it's as important to every single person as it feels to me. that kinda scares you to thinking you're not so important in the scheme of things.

I probably might not have realised as much as I do now, had it not been for the net. We tend to group ourselves with like minded people in real life. Or some remain mostly solitary. Online however, we are all bare avatars on an internet forum bending over picking up stars

edit on 7-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Great post! Indeed, when pondering questions such as where did we come from or how did evolution take place, what was before the big bang and how vast is the Universe, what is the nature if reality and what does it really mean to exist and does it have a purpose, suddenly, the entire world starts breaking down into pieces of a whole and it can be rather discomforting realizing that in the grand scheme of things, I am but a fraction of a dot in the pages of history, inconceivable on a universal scale, yet, I have been blessed with the privalege to experience it.

Knowing how small the odds are for spontanious manifestation of life from inorganic material, not to mention sentient organisms and how precious the time we have really is, I find myself sadend when I hear about wars and rumors of war, murder, rape, famines and deceases and other horrible things.
I often wonder why the big questions aren't brought up immediately in school so that the young ones may appreciate life as soon as possible. Feels like we could have gotten so far already if that would have been the case..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
One of my most profound online paradigm shifts (I have had MANY) occurred after reading an above top secret post by a guy named Hidden Hand. This person claimed to be part of the ruling family of the Illuminati. It is now considered a classic in the conspiracy community.
See www.abovetopsecret.com...

The gist of his message revolves around ancient alien theory. He claims that the Illuminati are nothing more than the servants of Lucifer. However, the latter (although a negative force) is also responsible for the spiritual evolution of mankind. After he came to this planet at the invitation of Yahweh, he allowed or influenced humans by giving them freedom to do good and wrong. Hence the proverbial biting from the tree of good and evil.

This single act correctly allowed humans to grow at a very rapid rate without the assistance of Yaweh albeit in very brutal fashion or in other words by making mistakes. The paradigm of Hidden Hand revolves around different dimensions which inhabit the cosmos. Hence, humans are three dimensional beings while Yahweh was a 5th dimension being and Lucifer a 6th dimension being. There are also nine dimension beings. So, you see where this is going?

This paradigm closely matches that of vedic, mormon cosmologies and the Ra Material (another channeled entity). Very interesting stuff. Worth checking it out.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Unferth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unferth

Very interesting information! Thank you for providing the link! It will be an interesting read I'm sure!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Biggest paradigm shift?

That came when I realized we have all been raised and programmed from birth to let others do our thinking for us. Our society does not teach us to think for ourselves. Critical thinking is a skill that must be practiced and learned on a daily basis. Otherwise, we are little more than parrots and mindless entities that criticize anything outside of what the "group" considers the "norm".

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Indeed, that was probably the biggest paradigm shift for everyone, I bet! But I felt like we could consider that a given since we are on a conspiracy forum

new topics

top topics

join