It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Warned 'Christians' No. 1 Threat To America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

militaryatheists.org/atheists-in-foxholes. This is a large (& growing) organization of Military Atheists who took there name from the misleading & inaccurate "No Atheists in Foxholes" quote. From anecdotes told to me by friends in & outside of the group, there are many more who would declare their lack of belief it it wasn't for fear of backlash. The Air force in particular has been struggling with infiltration by Christian evangelicals for many years now, so any action which may be required by the Gov' against Christian extremist groups could potentially turn very ugly.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I don't know all the different names but there are plenty of videos on YouTube about "Pastors" in various churches advocating that Gays either just be put to death or interned in concentration camps. This hateful anti-Gay rhetoric is fuelled by the same part of Leviticus that finds eating shellfish & wearing mixed fabrics an "Abomination" to the "Lord" yet where are the protests against polyester & Crabs? Please don't try & pretend that no Christian hates when there are some States that (Illegally) wont allow a non-believer to stand for any public office.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
Did some more digging into this. It appears the Army Reserve officer who did the presentation did so with out the approval of thier chain of command. They did their own research on the SPLC website.

Army spokesman George Wright told Fox News that this was an “isolated incident not condoned by the Dept. of the Army.”

“This slide was not produced by the Army and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine,” he said. “It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.”

Wright said after the complaint was lodged, the presenter deleted the slide, and apologized.

“We consider the matter closed,” he said.

The incident was made public by a soldier who attended the briefing. He asked for copies of the presentation and sent them to the Chaplain Alliance.

“He considers himself an evangelical Christian and did not appreciate being classified with terrorists,” Crews told Fox News. “There was a pervasive attitude in the presentation that anything associated with religion is an extremist.”

The Archdiocese for the Military Services was shocked to learn that the Army considered Catholicism to be an example of extremism.

“The Archdiocese is astounded that Catholics were listed alongside groups that are, by their very mission and nature, violent and extremist,” the Archdiocese said in a statement.

They want the Dept. of Defense to “ensure that taxpayer funds are never again used to present blatantly anti-religious material to the men and women in uniform.”

Source

I hear you and everything, and while this excuse does make perfect logical sense, we can also say that it can be an excuse they're using to cover their arsses

The guy who was there and witnessed the presentation and eventually complained about it said:

. “There was a pervasive attitude in the presentation that anything associated with religion is an extremist.”

It sounds like it was intentional on the presenters part. Now whether or not this is part of some greater agenda by the whole Military complex to pigeon hole Xtians with Al-CIAda is still going to be up for debates and a "we'll see" attitude.

As of right now, I'm not convinced that this was part of 1 man's personal agenda to present Christians as the enemy. If it was, that guy should have all his rank stripped and be demoted, maybe even kicked out of the brigade.

I'm not convinced. Sounds like an excuse. Time will tell

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by CB328

Actually, this talks primarily about religious extremists. Not just christians. All religions. Anything that says the gov is not the supreme authority. Or thats what I took from 'reading' it. If you're religious, you're an extremist.
edit on 7-4-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

The quoted text doesn't even say 'religious' extremists.
I tried loading the PDF link, but it was too slow. Does it mention any religion there?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join