It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Warned 'Christians' No. 1 Threat To America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

sure, i am new to this site. Thank you for the advice...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
I just returned from watching my 15 year old daughter perform in a local production of the crucible.

People who love as Christ lived are not dangerous, but fundamentalists - especially those with political power - are.

This has always been the truth.

Amen. True Christians.

There are fundamentalist or radicals of every religion and they are the ones that gain the most attention. .

Would you call an architect who ditched the fundamentals of building codes and regulations, safe?
Would you call a pilot who ignored the fundamentals of flight characteristics and laws, safe?

Then why on earth would you agree with a supposed Christian who states an equally preposterous opinion?

Fundamentals are basic building blocks, the core laws, the core foundation of ANY discipline.

Nobody IN CHRIST could therefore conclude that fundamentalist refers to anything other than one IN CHRIST, holding His commands as truth.

A fundamentalist Christian is one who upholds the Truty of God. So what you are actually agreeing with is clever men who sway the public by redefining words to suit their agenda. Those who do so are selective in their revised definitions. An architect who is well grounded in the fundamentals of building codes and regulations is to be applauded, yet you let them convince you that somehow a Christian who is well grounded in the fundamental teachings OF CHRIST, is not???

A Christian fundamentalist, by its very definition, is one who upholds the Truth. Nowhere else in society is the word "fundamental" being redefined as "enemy and terrorist", is it?
The Christian that you have to worry about is the one who rejects the fundamentals of the Word - and who WILL MURDER for example. The Christian that you have to worry about is one whose "fundamentals" are dogmas and doctrines of MEN, not God. The Christian that you have to worry about are Antichrists, the Christian that you have to worry about is the one ruled by satans. Likewise, the religious that you have to fear are those whose dogmas and doctrines teach anything in opposition to Jesus Christ.

This world is going to learn a very harsh lesson very soon. Do you even contemplate how Judea united to demand the release of a murderer, an insurrectionist and a thief whilst calling for the horrific execution of the one who was their very Glorious Saviour?? Their teachers and leaders made their converts twice the children of hell by false teachings. Our nations are in the midst of it now, at this very time, as they too listen to the very same teachers and leaders who have built up a false image of Jesus Christ to believe in. Society today, including many Christians, look to a Christ and a gospel that are false. They want him and it, not Jesus Christ. It's so easy for them to do! Their converts already publically proclaim death to all those truly in Christ, and this world just nods along - just as in Judea. Do you think they'll choose any differently this time? Of course not. It's why "fundamentalists" are being deemed radicals, and people like you, just say "yep". So in other words, the Christians who aren't radicals are those who reject the teachings and truths of Jesus Christ. How crazy is THAT? The very ones who will not uphold His commands , the very ones who will murder and who won't turn the other cheek nor show any mercy. They are the radicals ! Yet the world has no discernment.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The link in the OP categorizes Timothy McVeigh as having been a 'Neo Nazi'.

What I have seen in reading about Timothy McVeigh is that he read the 'Turner Diaries'. Does the fact that I have read portions of the Koran make me a Muslim?
He did sympathize with Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians that were massacred in Waco, TX by the Federal government.
His actions in the Oklahoma City bombing of the Murrah Federal Building were wrong and are inexcusable.

But I don't believe that he belonged to a Neo Nazi group, if he did, I have not found any reference to that.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If our country was a little more conservative, we wouldn't be in this economic mess. It was those who chose to initiate historically failed policies in our economy that jeopardized it. The risk takers in the economy were allowed to go wild and they screwed things up royally. This can't be blamed on conservatives.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The growth of extremism stems in part from an unwillingness to remodel past values for a more global 21st century. These past values are not necessarily antiquated but bear elements no longer politically correct. Just how you cannot say someone is a "coloured person", embracing this change needs to be done on an internal level as much as on an external level for appearance.

Perhaps it is the uncertainty with what the future holds that sustains these extremists and their recollection of more stable times.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If our country was a little more conservative, we wouldn't be in this economic mess. It was those who chose to initiate historically failed policies in our economy that jeopardized it. The risk takers in the economy were allowed to go wild and they screwed things up royally. This can't be blamed on conservatives.

The left-right paradigm is false from start to finish.

Both of our political parties destroyed the safety features of our banking system. Our politicians did not enable "risk taking". They have enabled mass criminal activity. When you add this to the destruction of our manufacturing, the export of our jobs, mass H-1B immigration and illegal immigration .... the stage has been set for collapse.

This can only be blamed on the criminals running our government. Both parties. Time to take a broom to government at all levels.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The SPLC is a hate group, which makes their report very ironic

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Please name off all Christian groups that kill in the name of Christ or hate in the name of Christ.

Please don't list that baptist group, there off the charts.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Please name off all Christian groups that kill in the name of Christ or hate in the name of Christ.

Please don't list that baptist group, there off the charts.

That group is also very small.
But that is what people come up with when you ask the question that you did.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In all my years of being a Christian, I have not experienced anything what most of you are describing. In that time, I have never run across "hate" talk, or what some call "extreamist". I don't know where some of you have gone to church, or what kind of people you have encountered, but I have not seen any of this in my experience. In fact, in EVERY church I have been to, I have been encouraged to ask questions. No holds barred. The current church I am at talks about the word of God and how it relates to our daily lives. We feed and cloth the homeless, offer shelter services for battered women, raised money to stop human trafficing, people have donated vehicles to single mothers. We have outreach programs in Mexico, Thialand, Nambia, and Tansinia. This is all done for the love of the Lord. We do not expect anything in return, as we are doing the Lord's work. Everyone is friendly and respectful. We go out of our way to greet and make newcomers feel comfortable. Now, does my worship and the church's charity make us extreamists? Does this make us hypocrits for putting into effect what the Lord commands every Christian to do?

If one day, following the Word of God and helping the poor, the abused, the innocent places me in jail, or to lose my life, then I have come to terms with that. I will not stop doing what is right or worship God because of the likes of the SPLC.

Many of you may hate me for my faith, but, I will still pray for you and hope that you can find the love of God and the gift of salvation.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Well, the world is changing a lot and many Christians and other conservative people aren't willing to change, or change fast enough to keep up with it and stay relevant. I work in a rural area and see this all the time. A lot of these people are dinosaurs and don't want to admit it or evolve with society and they are feeling more an more alienated- and some of them are snapping and probably will continue to snap into the near future.
typical progressive buls##t.
if your types had any time to attend any maths class, you would know that a change can be both positive and negative, but your types are always busy studying various subjects about feelings....
regarding evolution, I think we are going through the opposite as I see more and more "if it feels good. it must be good" nutcases around me...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The SPLC is a hate group, which makes their report very ironic
you are quite correct....
they think that mens rights activists are hate groups....
typical progressive fanatics who think whichever group hurts their feelings must be a hategroup...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by therationalist

Anyone not pro-government is a potential threat to what TPTB are doing. Waiting on the guillotines to be justified.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Would you call an architect who ditched the fundamentals of building codes and regulations, safe?
Would you call a pilot who ignored the fundamentals of flight characteristics and laws, safe?

Then why on earth would you agree with a supposed Christian who states an equally preposterous opinion?

Fundamentals are basic building blocks, the core laws, the core foundation of ANY discipline.

/yawn

No one is asking architects to ditch the fundamentals. But people are asking for more than architects had available at the beginning of the age of Pisces. And rightly so. Religion has changed and so have architecture techniques and codes.

It's not about ditching the core laws of world religion (the philosophia perennis). It's about taking your head out of your tight conservative ass long enough to see that the core laws transcend your tiny understanding of your local religion.

edit on 7-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Well, the world is changing a lot and many Christians and other conservative people aren't willing to change, or change fast enough to keep up with it and stay relevant. I work in a rural area and see this all the time. A lot of these people are dinosaurs and don't want to admit it or evolve with society and they are feeling more an more alienated- and some of them are snapping and probably will continue to snap into the near future.

yeah so lets list them as potential dangers, hey an even better thought might be too capture them all and put them in camps to speed up the progress. You know for being so progressive you sound an awful lot like 1940

edit on 7-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Do you doubt these claims:

They increased to 1,018 in 2011, up from 1,002 in 2010 and 602 in 2000. The striking rise is fueled by the superheated fears generated by economic dislocation, a proliferation of demonizing conspiracy theories, the changing racial make‐up of America and the prospect of 4 more years under a black president who many on the far right view as an enemy to their country.

Those are simply facts.
Are you doubting the existence of these groups? Heck, there are many members here that you could bet money are members of these groups.

Plus, they clearly aren't talking about "christians."
They are talking about Extremists, which they define as someone who advocates the use of force and holds supremacist views. So yes, some of the groups are "christian." BUT they aren't being called a threat because they are christian. It's because they're crazy people who want to take over the "govment" and install a theocracy or something.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: addendum

edit on 7-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Did some more digging into this. It appears the Army Reserve officer who did the presentation did so with out the approval of thier chain of command. They did their own research on the SPLC website.

Army spokesman George Wright told Fox News that this was an “isolated incident not condoned by the Dept. of the Army.”

“This slide was not produced by the Army and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine,” he said. “It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.”

Wright said after the complaint was lodged, the presenter deleted the slide, and apologized.

“We consider the matter closed,” he said.

The incident was made public by a soldier who attended the briefing. He asked for copies of the presentation and sent them to the Chaplain Alliance.

“He considers himself an evangelical Christian and did not appreciate being classified with terrorists,” Crews told Fox News. “There was a pervasive attitude in the presentation that anything associated with religion is an extremist.”

The Archdiocese for the Military Services was shocked to learn that the Army considered Catholicism to be an example of extremism.

“The Archdiocese is astounded that Catholics were listed alongside groups that are, by their very mission and nature, violent and extremist,” the Archdiocese said in a statement.

They want the Dept. of Defense to “ensure that taxpayer funds are never again used to present blatantly anti-religious material to the men and women in uniform.”

Source

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthExpected
reply to post by Hopechest

Finally got to the "religious extremism" part of the document.

Extremism is a complex phenomenon; it is defined as beliefs, attitudes, feelings, actions, or
strategies of a character far removed from the “ordinary.” Because “ordinary” is subjective,
no religious group would label itself extreme or its doctrine “extremism.”

This is strange.

Also, do you know what religion they mention next?

Wait for it.

Islamism! Ain't that nice!

Although there are many other cases of Islamic Extremists that have served in the Armed
Services, only a few were selected for this presentation. Those presented here have been
convicted for their involvement in hate crimes or plan for hate crimes in the name of Islam

Afterwards, they don't mention the other religions. Just Islam.

Maybe i'm looking too much into it, i mean, i know a lot of people (media included) do that.

*pictures*
Picture 1: Islamic Palestine Block, green is color if Islam, rifle and flag symbolize militancy,
Koran is seated a bottom because considered the foundation of the movement, green map
of Israel. Recruitment of college students into terrorist groups…”green house for , martyrs”,
glorifies suicide bombings
Picture 2: Muslim Brotherhood, swords symbolize militancy and groups commitment to
Jihad, Koran: spiritual foundation, “be Prepared” to fight the enemies of God
Picture 3: Hamas means Muslim resistant movement, phrase “be prepared”, Koran‐Muslim
declaration of faith, Cross swords evoke Jihad and allude to the group’s dedication to
violent struggles
Picture 4: AQIM Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, black background denotes death, globe
for world wide ambitions, flag and rifle symbolize militancy, declaration of faith

Maybe not. I actually did a search for "Christian" and "Jew". For Christians, two. First one, in the section on Neo-Nazis:

Hate symbols are more than just "signs" demonstrating racist, anti‐
Semitic and anti‐Christian attitudes and beliefs ‐‐ these symbols are meant to instill a sense
of fear and insecurity

Wait a second, Islam isn't there! Whatever.

Second, the one for both "Jew" and "Christian":

Christian Identity: These letters stand for Christian Identity, which holds that white
Europeans—not Jews—are the real Biblical "Chosen People," that the white race is
inherently superior, that Blacks and other nonwhite races are soulless "mud peoples" on
the same level as animals, and that Jews are descendants of Satan.

Interesting. Maybe i'm wrong, didn't pay that much attention.

Wow is.my best expression on your catch.
edit on 7-4-2013 by lbndhr because: not complete, sorry

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthExpected
reply to post by Hopechest

Finally got to the "religious extremism" part of the document.

Extremism is a complex phenomenon; it is defined as beliefs, attitudes, feelings, actions, or
strategies of a character far removed from the “ordinary.” Because “ordinary” is subjective,
no religious group would label itself extreme or its doctrine “extremism.”

This is strange.

Also, do you know what religion they mention next?

Wait for it.

Islamism! Ain't that nice!

Although there are many other cases of Islamic Extremists that have served in the Armed
Services, only a few were selected for this presentation. Those presented here have been
convicted for their involvement in hate crimes or plan for hate crimes in the name of Islam

Afterwards, they don't mention the other religions. Just Islam.

Maybe i'm looking too much into it, i mean, i know a lot of people (media included) do that.

*pictures*
Picture 1: Islamic Palestine Block, green is color if Islam, rifle and flag symbolize militancy,
Koran is seated a bottom because considered the foundation of the movement, green map
of Israel. Recruitment of college students into terrorist groups…”green house for , martyrs”,
glorifies suicide bombings
Picture 2: Muslim Brotherhood, swords symbolize militancy and groups commitment to
Jihad, Koran: spiritual foundation, “be Prepared” to fight the enemies of God
Picture 3: Hamas means Muslim resistant movement, phrase “be prepared”, Koran‐Muslim
declaration of faith, Cross swords evoke Jihad and allude to the group’s dedication to
violent struggles
Picture 4: AQIM Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, black background denotes death, globe
for world wide ambitions, flag and rifle symbolize militancy, declaration of faith

Maybe not. I actually did a search for "Christian" and "Jew". For Christians, two. First one, in the section on Neo-Nazis:

Hate symbols are more than just "signs" demonstrating racist, anti‐
Semitic and anti‐Christian attitudes and beliefs ‐‐ these symbols are meant to instill a sense
of fear and insecurity

Wait a second, Islam isn't there! Whatever.

Second, the one for both "Jew" and "Christian":

Christian Identity: These letters stand for Christian Identity, which holds that white
Europeans—not Jews—are the real Biblical "Chosen People," that the white race is
inherently superior, that Blacks and other nonwhite races are soulless "mud peoples" on
the same level as animals, and that Jews are descendants of Satan.

Interesting. Maybe i'm wrong, didn't pay that much attention.

Wow is.my best expression on your catch. Good job, seriously.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

i have a question.
with regard to this 'statement' you posted ...

The incident was made public by a soldier who attended the briefing. He asked for copies of the presentation and sent them to the Chaplain Alliance.

whenever do our soldiers gather for a 'briefing' that includes a 'presenter' that has NOT been approved by command ??

<< 1    3 >>

join