It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Warned 'Christians' No. 1 Threat To America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The number of hate groups, extremists and anti‐govt organizations in the U.S. has
continued to grow over the past three years, according to reports by the Southern Poverty
Law Center. They increased to 1,018 in 2011, up from 1,002 in 2010 and 602 in 2000.
The striking rise is fueled by the superheated fears generated by economic dislocation, a
proliferation of demonizing conspiracy theories, the changing racial make‐up of America
and the prospect of 4 more years under a black president who many on the far right view
as an enemy to their country.
The rise in hate crimes and extremism outside the military may be an indication of internal
issues all services will have to face

Didnt see this posted so sorry if it is. What can I say about this story my wet pants don't tell? Seriously, there are no athiests in foxholes. I see a serious conflict of interest arising from american troops. UN is going to be a different story. Wow. I really dont know the credibilty of this site, but I do know a sgt in the army. Unfortunately, it'll be a couple weeks or more before I get to talk to him. I'm sure there are more than a few here that will be able to confirm it's validity.
Alliance Defending Freedom Media
edit on Sun Apr 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, the world is changing a lot and many Christians and other conservative people aren't willing to change, or change fast enough to keep up with it and stay relevant. I work in a rural area and see this all the time. A lot of these people are dinosaurs and don't want to admit it or evolve with society and they are feeling more an more alienated- and some of them are snapping and probably will continue to snap into the near future.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Actually, this talks primarily about religious extremists. Not just christians. All religions. Anything that says the gov is not the supreme authority. Or thats what I took from 'reading' it. If you're religious, you're an extremist.
edit on 7-4-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Not sure what your issue with this is exactly.

The link is doing nothing more than defining what extremists or hate groups are and how the military should try and avoid them.

There is absolutely nothing about the military taking any action against anyone that I read. It seems more like a glossary of terms as much as anything else.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Here in East Texas there is only fundamentalistic extremist... They all welcome "The Rapture" but I'm pretty sure they will change their minds about that if they are required to leave their guns and pickups behind...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I just returned from watching my 15 year old daughter perform in a local production of the crucible.

People who love as Christ lived are not dangerous, but fundamentalists - especially those with political power - are.

This has always been the truth.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
soooo, none of you noticed that this is a "caucasion hate groups only" presentation ?
not a single 'hate group' by any other race of people, wth is that about ?

then again, considering it's SPLC related, well, that speaks for itself

what a bunch o'crap and if this is what they're feeding our soldiers, i hope they bite the hand that feeds them

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If I may offer some relevant portions from two of the slides?

Extremism is a complex phenomenon; it is defined as beliefs, attitudes, feelings, actions, or strategies of a character far removed from the “ordinary.” Because “ordinary” is subjective, no religious group would label itself extreme or its doctrine “extremism.” However, religious extremism is not limited to any single religion, ethnic group, or region of the world; every religion has some followers that believe that their beliefs, customs and traditions are the only “right way” and that all others are practicing their faith the “wrong way,” seeing and believing that their faith/religion superior to all others.
I would suppose someone involved in extremism is an extremist. Helpfully they define extremist.

Extremists are advocates of racial, gender, religious or ethnic hatred……these individuals believe that they are superior to others based on any of these categories

This presentation, of course, is entirely incompetent, bordering on the paranoid. Catholics are extremists?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Finally got to the "religious extremism" part of the document.

Extremism is a complex phenomenon; it is defined as beliefs, attitudes, feelings, actions, or
strategies of a character far removed from the “ordinary.” Because “ordinary” is subjective,
no religious group would label itself extreme or its doctrine “extremism.”

This is strange.

Also, do you know what religion they mention next?

Wait for it.

Islamism! Ain't that nice!

Although there are many other cases of Islamic Extremists that have served in the Armed
Services, only a few were selected for this presentation. Those presented here have been
convicted for their involvement in hate crimes or plan for hate crimes in the name of Islam

Afterwards, they don't mention the other religions. Just Islam.

Maybe i'm looking too much into it, i mean, i know a lot of people (media included) do that.

*pictures*
Picture 1: Islamic Palestine Block, green is color if Islam, rifle and flag symbolize militancy,
Koran is seated a bottom because considered the foundation of the movement, green map
of Israel. Recruitment of college students into terrorist groups…”green house for , martyrs”,
glorifies suicide bombings
Picture 2: Muslim Brotherhood, swords symbolize militancy and groups commitment to
Jihad, Koran: spiritual foundation, “be Prepared” to fight the enemies of God
Picture 3: Hamas means Muslim resistant movement, phrase “be prepared”, Koran‐Muslim
declaration of faith, Cross swords evoke Jihad and allude to the group’s dedication to
violent struggles
Picture 4: AQIM Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, black background denotes death, globe
for world wide ambitions, flag and rifle symbolize militancy, declaration of faith

Maybe not. I actually did a search for "Christian" and "Jew". For Christians, two. First one, in the section on Neo-Nazis:

Hate symbols are more than just "signs" demonstrating racist, anti‐
Semitic and anti‐Christian attitudes and beliefs ‐‐ these symbols are meant to instill a sense
of fear and insecurity

Wait a second, Islam isn't there! Whatever.

Second, the one for both "Jew" and "Christian":

Christian Identity: These letters stand for Christian Identity, which holds that white
Europeans—not Jews—are the real Biblical "Chosen People," that the white race is
inherently superior, that Blacks and other nonwhite races are soulless "mud peoples" on
the same level as animals, and that Jews are descendants of Satan.

Interesting. Maybe i'm wrong, didn't pay that much attention.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
I just returned from watching my 15 year old daughter perform in a local production of the crucible.

People who love as Christ lived are not dangerous, but fundamentalists - especially those with political power - are.

This has always been the truth.

Amen. True Christians.

There are fundamentalist or radicals of every religion and they are the ones that gain the most attention. Terrorist=radical Islam
KKK=radical Christianity.
Generally speaking of course.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So law abiding taxpayers (Christians) are now Public Enemy No.1
seeing that they are at the top of the Hit list.

Roll on Judgement Day. The sooner this world gets cleaned up, the better.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What if they actually were?? I mean, if you believe in something like Armageddon, resurrection etc..

Things not based in the reality presented. And even the thought of being a threat and Christians are up in arms about Jesus saying to have a sword waiting for the sounds of the trumpets and Judgement day..

How is any of that not extremist?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
****The number of hate groups, extremists and anti‐govt organizations in the U.S. has
continued to grow over the past three years, according to reports by the Southern Poverty
Law Center. They increased to 1,018 in 2011, up from 1,002 in 2010 and 602 in 2000.
The striking rise is fueled by the superheated fears generated by economic dislocation, a
proliferation of demonizing conspiracy theories, the changing racial make‐up of America
and the prospect of 4 more years under a black president who many on the far right view
as an enemy to their country.
The rise in hate crimes and extremism outside the military may be an indication of internal
issues all services will have to face****

Didnt see this posted so sorry if it is. What can I say about this story my wet pants don't tell? Seriously, there are no athiests in foxholes. I see a serious conflict of interest arising from american troops. UN is going to be a different story. Wow. I really dont know the credibilty of this site, but I do know a sgt in the army. Unfortunately, it'll be a couple weeks or more before I get to talk to him. I'm sure there are more than a few here that will be able to confirm it's validity.
Alliance Defending Freedom Media

The SPLC is a gay marriage rights advocacy group. So anything, or anyone, that feels that same sex marriage is NOT a marriage, they would, quite frankly, attempt to portray as a "hate group"

Just ignore them. They are no longer relevant to thinking people.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
What if they actually were?? I mean, if you believe in something like Armageddon, resurrection etc..

Things not based in the reality presented. And even the thought of being a threat and Christians are up in arms about Jesus saying to have a sword waiting for the sounds of the trumpets and Judgement day..

How is any of that not extremist?

A fundamentalist waits for the rapture
A extremist tries to get it started.

Frankly, if you ask me, they are both nuts, but one of them I feel I could have a conversation with, without the fear of being shot for my lack of belief.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Don't worry, in the end they'll all just go back to burning the witches and join forces against all those that aren't fundamentalists. OK but on a serious note, wth was with the MSM calling Obama a sexist over a simple compliment about that attorney general being good looking?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If you are a tolerant, peaceful and loving person (and I think most people are) it must be hell living in the USA

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I don't see what is the motivation for such a post

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Some of the people that I know that call themselves christians are very judgmental and hateful people. I grew up in private christian schools and came from a strict christian family. I know how growing up with hypocritical people all around me developed my mistrust of organized religion. The problem "I feel" is that the religion has been accepted with little or no research at all. They are taught that there is only one way and that to question anything else is a sin. There is an ingrained desire in humans to question their environment and seek the truth. When you are not allowed to do that you break away from your true self that seeks to grow and expand and instead you develop the false self or ego that becomes rigid and fixed and wont allow in new information,etc. This causes much stress an pent up anger and frustration. Everyone around them is growing and expanding, seeking answers and asking questions. This is a threat to them and they are envious and angry that we project the parts of themselves they have disowned. It is easy for an oppressed group that has placed self imposed restraints on themselves to see others freely expressing themselves and resent them for it. They persecute and judge others for mirroring those parts of themselves that they don't like too see. Its self hate and domination of the false ego. The movie "kymatica" describes this process perfectly. When we abandon our true self and allow domination of the false self to control us it results in pain. The false self needs fear to sustain it, as it is parasitic in nature. It constantly needs to feed on negative emotions. I think if Christians truly followed the message in the bible they would be loving and excepting people. They tend to focus mostly on the messages of fear and hate that the book may be interpreted to say. The book most of them know best is revelations. What I hear from many Christians is a message of intolerance. Judge not least you be judged? I guess that's why people judge Christians... They are very judgmental. Love your neighbor as yourself? This seems to be a commandment most of them don't follow. They garnish so much resentment against them because they judge everyone yet preach how to judge is a sin?!?? They also seem to obsess on the apocalypse. Many of them seem excited about it. This tells me that they are miserable and believe that only in "heaven" they will be happy. They long for disaster and the final days. A lot of other people do too. This is the most telling evidence about the nature of their minds. That is false ego seeking destruction. It would be great if they could enjoy the life here that they were given and not long for the whole "end times". They may just get their day in the sun... Prophecies are self fulfilling. anyway, no offense to anyone, these are just my thoughts. There are amazing Christians who are very loving people, it would be nice if there were more like that..
edit on 7-4-2013 by 1hydro because: misspelling

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1hydro

There are some things you say that are definitely worth mulling over (to me anyway) so I gave a star.

But please if you can for the future put in some paragraphs? My eyes kept getting lost and had to restart a couple of times.

Interesting words though...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join