We staged a hostile take over of the Republican party

page: 1
63
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+61 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It wasn't very hard to do, and we succeeded.

A group of about 80 of us, Constitutionalists, Libertarians, and actual freedom loving, free thinking patriots, went to the Dona Ana county Republican convention and we successfully installed our people in every single officer position, and we won about 60% of the state delegate positions.

The turn out at these county conventions is usually low. We literally overwhelmed it, and booted the Mitt Romney establishment idiots out the freaking door!

If you are sick of the government, get a bunch of friends, and overthrow your local county political party. Seriously, if enough people did this we could dramatically change things.

I have no idea what it is like in a more populated place, Dona Ana county NM has about 120,000 people. It is the second biggest in the state.

What really needs to happen is an overthrow of both Republican, and Democrat parties with freedom loving individuals!




posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436
 


You are absolutely, 100% correct and while the numbers weren't enough to manage it (where were the 1,500 supporters in the High School a couple nights before?????) I saw the same thing here in 2012 for the Paul campaign and local caucus. It really is THAT basic, THAT easy ...and yet, for most, still THAT hard.


I'm glad you have the numbers to have gotten it done. Most who try can't seem to get the couch potatoes to drop the ding dongs and doritos long enough to show up for a real, honest to God political meeting in the real world.

That might take effort or something. (The experience here takes time to get over... Apathy x's 10 .. How to get past it to repeat your success there is the problem, IMO)



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The irony...


Just remember where you learned that from... and give credit where credit is due



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436
 

Is this real? Is there actually hope for true conservatism in the U.S.?
Do you have the numbers to challenge the Neocons on a larger scale within the GOP?
Can you provide a link to some kind of news coverage about this?
edit on 7-4-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious
 


The greatest victory that organized political parties have had in this nation has been to convince the people that their numbers are great and things like caucuses and other points of direct public participation are 'party business' and either not truly open or not relevant to normal people.

As I found personally, the numbers are *much* smaller than the impression would be and it wouldn't take near as many people just being active on those few days of consequence that come up to make an ENORMOUS difference.

The hardest and required part is having this unprecedented caring by normal people coming around the nation at about the same time. Perhaps that's the impossible part as things have turned. The deception is strong and it's nearly terminal to our system, IMO.


+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Not sure if that counts as a hostile takeover. Sounds to me like you just worked within the framework and practiced participating in our representative government.



So now that you have a position of authority, what are you going to do with your new found political power? What is the platform you are going to push?

Typical Republican ideology? Xenophobia? Closeted racism? Bigotry? Tax cuts for the wealthy? Starving the poor? Eliminating the 1st Amendment and forcing a national religion and language? Ohh, how about a nice WAR with a country that's really no threat to us whatsoever.

Or are we going with real conservative beliefs of sensible taxation/spending (ala Reagan)?



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Not sure if that counts as a hostile takeover. Sounds to me like you just worked within the framework and practiced participating in our representative government.



So now that you have a position of authority, what are you going to do with your new found political power? What is the platform you are going to push?

Typical Republican ideology? Xenophobia? Closeted racism? Bigotry? Tax cuts for the wealthy? Starving the poor? Eliminating the 1st Amendment and forcing a national religion and language? Ohh, how about a nice WAR with a country that's really no threat to us whatsoever.

Or are we going with real conservative beliefs of sensible taxation/spending (ala Reagan)?


Most likely along with a few statues of Ayn Rand



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436
 


Great to hear, I am thinking this has to happen more throughout the country.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That's awesome because to me it feels like the Republican Party has already been subjected to a hostile takeover - corporate style. This is just using the tools provided to take it back. Let's do it on a grand scale and then hold on to it this time!



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436
 


I'm all for knocking the status quo on it's ass... so congrats there. I wonder though if the new boss is the same as the old boss, so I would like to ask some questions...

Do you feel all your peers are above corruption?

Liberty and free-thinking mean different things to different people, where do you guys stand on social issues such as:
abortion
gay rights
immigration reform

What about environmental issues?
Global warming... man-made or natural?
If man-made, how should we handle it?

Economy?
Do big corporations have too much power?
If so, how can that power be curbed?



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   


Ohh, how about a nice WAR with a country that's really no threat to us whatsoever.


Are you talking about neocons or progressives?



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436
 


Who's to say that your better than what the republicans offered?

Seems to be a matter of opinion but its nice to see people using the political system the way it was intended to be used.

People have a lot of power if they get organized and get out there.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Congrats for exercising what needs to be done.

But I do have reservations (I believe it is too late currently) because I know there is a hierarchy amongst the corridors of power and if the "seniors" do not like what the juniors bring to the table, the juniors will never be heard.

Though internal hierarchies can be useful, what I believe we have now are pretty much gatekeepers that make sure the status quo will remain in charge and running things.

If only more people would go but it is a pipe dream I believe. Too many people are just turned off by the process to even be involved.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
Congrats for exercising what needs to be done.

But I do have reservations (I believe it is too late currently) because I know there is a hierarchy amongst the corridors of power and if the "seniors" do not like what the juniors bring to the table, the juniors will never be heard.

Though internal hierarchies can be useful, what I believe we have now are pretty much gatekeepers that make sure the status quo will remain in charge and running things.

If only more people would go but it is a pipe dream I believe. Too many people are just turned off by the process to even be involved.


You need an issue or event that enough people care about to get involved on a large scale. A new generation of voters also helps.

We saw this activism during the Vietnam War, Civil Rights, Nuclear domestic expansion, WWII....there simply isn't a reason for many people to care at the moment.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1
 


People are generally motivated by one of two things to get into politics. One is to serve the public, the other more common reason is to play a game of getting rich and gaining power over others. No political party is immune to the latter. I think what those who are motivated by altruistic reasons need to do is, instead of trying to play the game, flip the game board over.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Terminal1
 


People are generally motivated by one of two things to get into politics. One is to serve the public, the other more common reason is to play a game of getting rich and gaining power over others. No political party is immune to the latter. I think what those who are motivated by altruistic reasons need to do is, instead of trying to play the game, flip the game board over.


The majority of people who serve in politics never get rich. Many who do end up with millions were already rich before they ran.

It is about power, not money. Very few people in Congress, or the lower levels end up with million dollar speaking gigs once they retire and contrary to popular belief, politicians are not met in alleyways and given bags full of money.

The money comes from job opportunities or consulting positions promised after they retire and very few people in politics actually qualify for this. Only the top people are focused on by lobbyists. Your average congressman does not have a golden parachute waiting for him.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by downtown436
 


Who's to say that your better than what the republicans offered?

Seems to be a matter of opinion but its nice to see people using the political system the way it was intended to be used.

People have a lot of power if they get organized and get out there.



I'm going to take a wild stab at it and say..
They're probably better .
And likely, much better.
How could it get worse?



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by downtown436
 


Who's to say that your better than what the republicans offered?

Seems to be a matter of opinion but its nice to see people using the political system the way it was intended to be used.

People have a lot of power if they get organized and get out there.



I'm going to take a wild stab at it and say..
They're probably better .
And likely, much better.
How could it get worse?


Well first of all, libertarians, at least their presidential candidate, wants to do away with all borders. He is on record as saying that he wants no border with Mexico...just let as many come up here as there are that want to. Not sure how some of the whacked out libertarian ideas would actually be better for our country.



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Not sure if that counts as a hostile takeover. Sounds to me like you just worked within the framework and practiced participating in our representative government.



So now that you have a position of authority, what are you going to do with your new found political power? What is the platform you are going to push?

Typical Republican ideology? Xenophobia? Closeted racism? Bigotry? Tax cuts for the wealthy? Starving the poor? Eliminating the 1st Amendment and forcing a national religion and language? Ohh, how about a nice WAR with a country that's really no threat to us whatsoever.

Or are we going with real conservative beliefs of sensible taxation/spending (ala Reagan)?



Funny I see more of that in this one single post coming frrom YOU then anyone else on this thread......

Bigotry indeed............

Tell me, how does hypocrisy feel



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


I think the higher ups have learned their lessons from those days and have implemented strategies that blunt efforts. It makes me wonder if those issues of those times came to a head in these times the results would be different.

Recently we have seen huge events happen and some even protested but protests generally have their teeth pulled unless the movements follow the course those same powers want or need. Movements are quickly diffused and ridiculed that do not follow.

I mean, look at the following Ron Paul had and yet he rarely seen the light of day and the media treated him as if he were anathema.





top topics
 
63
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join