It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR 15 Rifle Producer, Colt, Begins Relocating to North Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
dfw.cbslocal.com...

BRECKENRIDGE (CBS 11 NEWS) – A firearms company that makes AR-15 style rifles for the iconic brand Colt, will open a plant in Breckenridge in Stephens County. Oregon company Bold Ideas confirmed the development Friday.

Bold Ideas goes by the name Colt Competition, making high accuracy rifles for competition shooting.

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state.

Boy am I glad Colt is starting to get the heck out of Connecticut. Im also equally as glad they are moving to my state of Texas.

Hopefully other gun companies in anti-gun states start to follow. Beretta just the other day announced they are leaving Maryland and I think they're going to end up in Kansas.

ETA - If you want to see some of the Colt Competition Rifles they will be producing here in Texas, here's their site.

www.coltcompetitionrifle.com...
edit on 7-4-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

from reading your source it seem that it isnt colt moving but a colt subsidiary? did i get it right>? or is this actualy colt moving all of its operations to gun friendly states?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

from reading your source it seem that it isnt colt moving but a colt subsidiary? did i get it right>?

Kind of. Colt Competition is a "part" of Colt. What they make are the the Colt Competition Rifles. Basically, they make these Competition rifles for Colt.

Colt as a whole isnt leaving Connecticut (fully, yet) and moving to Texas, just a part of their rifle manufacturers are. To me, this seems as one of the first moves by Colt Manufacturing in jumping ship from CT since the CEO said "there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state"

ETA 2 - Colt is a pretty big company. For example, if you visit the Colt Competition website, you will find that they are a licensed product of "New Colt Holding Corp".

New Colt Holding Corp

New Colt Holding Corp., through its subsidiary, manufactures and sells military products for military and law enforcement use. The company offers a family of weapons that includes rifle, heavy barrel rifle, carbine with sliding stock, commando carbine, light machine gun, 9mm submachine gun, 40mm grenade launching attachment, and related accessories. New Colt Holding Corp. was incorporated in 1994 and is based in West Hartford, Connecticut.

There's also Colt Defense LLC

Colt Defense

Colt Defense LLC engages in the design, development, and manufacture of small arms weapons systems primarily for individual soldiers and law enforcement personnel in the United States and internationally. Its products include M4 5.56mm carbine, M16 5.56mm rifle, CM901 multi-caliber modular weapon system, Colt P0923 advanced piston carbine, M45A1 close quarters battle pistol, M240 and M249 machine guns, and EAGLE 40mm grenade launcher. The company also offers a range of weapons-related products, spare parts, and replacement kits; and accessories, such as flashlights, optical and thermal sights, backup iron sights, and laser sighting and targeting devices, as well as provides overhaul services...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

thank you for that i had been confused on it its a very good sign now we just need to get Remington to move out of ny!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

thank you for that i had been confused on it its a very good sign now we just need to get Remington to move out of ny!

*Added some more info in my previous post*

It seems like a pretty good sign. What would be best is if their "base" in CT would up and leave that state. It's great other parts of the company are moving, but their headquarters are still in CT. With what the CEO said earlier, Im hoping they get their headquarters moved out of state fast.

Hopefully we can get Springfield Armory out of Illinois also.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Welcome to Texas boys!

Whoop!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You Lucky Texicans....................................

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
More jobs for Texas. That will make the illegals happy.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good for Colt. I wondered about this when I first heard of the law passing. I was thinking how many firearms companies started there. Hopefully, it sends a message to other states thinking about similar laws.

top topics

join