It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Christ's comment about after the tribulation of those days He was speaking about His return to set foot on Earth.

They occur at the same time. There is no Scripture for a third coming.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Christ's comment about after the tribulation of those days He was speaking about His return to set foot on Earth.

I never said a third coming. With the rapture He never sets foot on Earth, He gathers His bride in the air and they return to heaven for the marriage supper and judgment seat of Christ. At His 2nd coming to Earth His bride comes with Him and the angels and He sets up His Earthly kingdom ruling from Jerusalem. With the rapture only His own see Him and hear the call, with the 2nd coming to set foot on Earth it says every eye shall see Him returning in the clouds in glory.

He never sets foot on Earth for the rapture, that's why it's not considered an advent situation like the 2nd coming is.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I never said a third coming. With the rapture He never sets foot on Earth, He gathers His bride in the air and they return to heaven for the marriage supper and judgment seat of Christ. At His 2nd coming to Earth His bride comes with Him and the angels and He sets up His Earthly kingdom ruling from Jerusalem. With the rapture only His own see Him and hear the call, with the 2nd coming to set foot on Earth it says every eye shall see Him returning in the clouds in glory.

He never sets foot on Earth for the rapture, that's why it's not considered an advent situation like the 2nd coming is.

The Biblical teaching is that at the second coming we are caught up to meet Him in the air. He then continues the rest of the way to earth with the saints. There is no third coming.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Are you even reading anything I said? I never said anything about a third coming. With the rapture He never sets foot on Earth. And the Bible does NOT teach what you said. It says after He gathers His bride in the air they return to heaven for the marriage supper and the Judgment Seat of Christ where rewards/crowns are handed out. This event is Revelation 4. And Christ returns with His bride exactly 42 months, or 1,260 day from the abomination of desolation where the AC sits in the temple and declares himself to be God.

Paul and Peter expected Christ to return for the rapture in their lifetimes, but the verses about His second coming to Earth in glory to rule and reign have a very detailed and specific timing detailed in scripture by the Holy Spirit. With the rapture Jesus said no man knows the day or hour, with His second coming every bit of detail is given except the minutes and seconds. They are not mutually exclusive. If you want the rapture at the same time as His 2nd coming to set His feet on Earth to rule then you make some verses of scripture contradictory. That should be a warning sign that your doctrine is in error.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Are you even reading anything I said? I never said anything about a third coming. With the rapture He never sets foot on Earth. And the Bible does NOT teach what you said. It says after He gathers His bride in the air they return to heaven for the marriage supper and the Judgment Seat of Christ where rewards/crowns are handed out. This event is Revelation 4. And Christ returns with His bride exactly 42 months, or 1,260 day from the abomination of desolation where the AC sits in the temple and declares himself to be God.

Paul and Peter expected Christ to return for the rapture in their lifetimes, but the verses about His second coming to Earth in glory to rule and reign have a very detailed and specific timing detailed in scripture by the Holy Spirit. With the rapture Jesus said no man knows the day or hour, with His second coming every bit of detail is given except the minutes and seconds. They are not mutually exclusive. If you want the rapture at the same time as His 2nd coming to set His feet on Earth to rule then you make some verses of scripture contradictory. That should be a warning sign that your doctrine is in error.

What you are teaching is a third coming. It also allows a second chance for those who miss the rapture. Both are not Biblical. There was no second chance for the five foolish virgins. If your pre-trib rapture is correct, there could be no one saved during the tribulation. Again, there are no second chances and no third coming.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No I am not. What you are doing is purposely labeling a coming in the air as a coming to set foot on Earth. If Jesus never sets foot on Earth it by definition is not a coming to Earth. The Jews don't consider the atmosphere to be Earth but the "heavens".

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Christanity is a Religion of Peace ,,be with u,,,

GOD is a Religion of War,,,for thier can be only ONE God.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No I am not. What you are doing is purposely labeling a coming in the air as a coming to set foot on Earth. If Jesus never sets foot on Earth it by definition is not a coming to Earth. The Jews don't consider the atmosphere to be Earth but the "heavens".

Whether you call it 2 1/2 comings or 3 comings, it is still more comings than what is spoken by the Bible. And as I said, your pre-trib rapture gives a second chance at salvation that the five foolish virgins did not get.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

There can only be one God in Christianity. Polytheism and trinitarianism is not Christianity.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No it doesn't. First of all the rapture is a reward for faithfulness, not a reward for salvation. Secondly, if you do not accept a rapture and a subsequent 2nd coming of Christ to Earth you have two piles of verses that are contradictory.
edit on 22-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

There can only be one God in Christianity. Polytheism and trinitarianism is not Christianity.

Sorry, bub, but by definition, Christianity is a trinitarian religion. You anti-trinitarians are not Christians, you're Sabellianists, a different religion entirely.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

how about Creator then?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

see above

edit on 22-7-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No it doesn't. First of all the rapture is a reward for faithfulness, not a reward for salvation. Secondly, if you do not accept a rapture and a subsequent 2nd coming of Christ to Earth you have two piles of verses that are contradictory.

As I said, there is no third coming, no second chances.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Sorry, bub, but by definition, Christianity is a trinitarian religion. You anti-trinitarians are not Christians, you're Sabellianists, a different religion entirely.

The fact that the Bible teaches one God and adds nothing about multiple gods/persons, is proof against you.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by truejew

how about Creator then?

There is one Creator, God.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The fact that the Bible teaches one God and adds nothing about multiple gods/persons, is proof against you.

Trinitarians don't disagree with that. Good to know we're finally on the same page.

edit on 23-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

As I said, there is no third coming, no second chances.

Well then there isn't anything to argue about. There isn't a third coming where Jesus sets foot on Earth. There is only one future event where He comes and sets foot on Earth.

Take care.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

As usual, your failure to properly read and discern has let you down.

Trinitarians believe in one God, as well, and reject multiple Gods -- but we see God as greater than your Modalism, derived from Greek Theatre.

However, that isn't the point -- for over 1,500 years, to be a Christian has meant believing in the creeds of Christianity, and your johnny-come-lately cult can't whisk in here in the last 20 years and lay claim to the term Christianity by rejecting the beliefs that define who a Christian is and what they believe.

You are not a Christian, and until you reject Modalism, you never will be one.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
ZOMG, I guess I have to spell out what Trinitarianism is.

It's the belief that God plays 3 roles, and has 3 functions. Not that he is 3 different Gods, he just has 3 roles he plays.

This is plainly made clear in Philipians 2:5-7, Revelation 1:9-18, Isaiah 42-50.

The whole omnipresent thing means he isn't stuck in just one place, he is literally everywhere.

And ofcourse lets not forget the whole discourse with Jesus and Nicodemus and John the Baptist's witness of Christ in John 3 when Jesus said he came from above and no one has ever ascended or descended but the Son of Man who is in heaven, and then John the Baptist goes on to say "he who is from above, is above all"

So for the love of God, read your bibles, pray for revelation and stop complaining about things that do not matter, for we all believe there is only 1 God and this is a non issue except to those who choose to make it an issue!

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join