It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen

He is also a member of the Sanhedrin.

There is no such thing, it was dissolved almost 2000 years ago.

Claiming to have reinstated a long dead institution on one's own authority is as credible as me saying that I'm resurrecting Plato's Academy and now it exists and I'm a member of it.

It exists. There are 71 members.

And so I guess that Plato's Academy also exists. There is one member.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Now two.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

He is also a member of the Sanhedrin.

There is no such thing, it was dissolved almost 2000 years ago.

Claiming to have reinstated a long dead institution on one's own authority is as credible as me saying that I'm resurrecting Plato's Academy and now it exists and I'm a member of it.

It exists. There are 71 members.

And so I guess that Plato's Academy also exists. There is one member.

The Sandedrin has the backing of powerful people who wish to see the Noahide laws and rebuilding of the temple. They will play a major role in end time prophecy.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

How can you say that after you spent days arguing with me that there is no future prophetic events for the city of Jerusalem or the Jewish people? You said Daniel 9 was fulfilled in 70 AD. Now you're arguing that Gabriel was wrong, that there are many more "sevens" for the Jews and Jerusalem ?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The Sandedrin has the backing of powerful people who wish to see the Noahide laws and rebuilding of the temple. They will play a major role in end time prophecy.

What "powerful people"?

All I see is a complete nobody that you think might be the anti-Christ because he fits the mould that you have personally decided are the characteristics of that prophecy. Given the fact that he's approaching 70 years of age, either he's got a lot of catching up to do in short order, or you've got the wrong guy.

Nobody is going to be rebuilding the Temple while the Dome of the Rock is there, and even fringe politicians don't recommend bulldozing that.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The current archaeological determination is that the original temple stood behind the Eastern Gate and that the Dome of the Rock was constructed where the court of the gentiles was. In fact, a new temple could be built without changind any part of the DOTR structure.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hmm, didn't know that, thanks for the update.

I assume that it's a fairly recent determination? I remember watching a program a few years ago on the History Channel or something that was about some guy who was going to get around the whole "There's a Muslim holy site there" by projecting a hologram of the Temple instead of actually constructing one. (Older article about his scheme here: Apocalypse Now)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No, the current Israeli archaeological understanding is that when the temple doors were opened a person standing on the mount of olives could look directly at the veil covering the holy of holies through the Eastern Gate.

edit on 18-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

How can you say that after you spent days arguing with me that there is no future prophetic events for the city of Jerusalem or the Jewish people? You said Daniel 9 was fulfilled in 70 AD. Now you're arguing that Gabriel was wrong, that there are many more "sevens" for the Jews and Jerusalem ?

As I said, the 70 weeks are fulfilled, the desolation prophecy has begun and will be finished in the end times ... Matthew 24 has not been fulfilled.
edit on 18-7-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

But you just said there was prophetic fulfillment still for the Jews and Jerusalem. Gabriel in Daniel 9 told Daniel that only 70 weeks were determined for the Jews and Jerusalem. So if you believe that those 70 were already fulfilled then there cannot be more prophetic fulfillment for them or Jerusalem.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

But you just said there was prophetic fulfillment still for the Jews and Jerusalem. Gabriel in Daniel 9 told Daniel that only 70 weeks were determined for the Jews and Jerusalem. So if you believe that those 70 were already fulfilled then there cannot be more prophetic fulfillment for them or Jerusalem.

The 70 weeks was a Messianic prophecy. The Messieh has come, was cut off, and has brought an end to sin. The desolation prophecy is separate. It does not occur during the 70 weeks. It began in 70 AD and will not be finished until the end.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

The 70 weeks was a Messianic prophecy. The Messieh has come, was cut off, and has brought an end to sin. The desolation prophecy is separate. It does not occur during the 70 weeks. It began in 70 AD and will not be finished until the end.

No it wasn't. You can't just ignore what Gabriel said. The scope of Daniel 9 was "thy people" (Jews) and "the holy city" (Jerusalem).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No it wasn't. You can't just ignore what Gabriel said. The scope of Daniel 9 was "thy people" (Jews) and "the holy city" (Jerusalem).

You are cutting out some of Daniel's words.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks have been determined upon thy people, and upon the holy city, for sin to be ended, and to seal up transgressions, and to blot out the iniquities, and to make atonement for iniquities, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy.

The 70 weeks was for sin to be ended, seal up transgressions, blot out the iniquities, make Atonement for iniquities, bring in everlasting righteousness, seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy. All of which was fulfilled by Jesus when He was crucified in the 70th week as Daniel prophesied.

edit on 18-7-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Well look around, a few of those things haven't happened yet for the Jews and the city of Jerusalem. There certainly isn't an end to iniquity or everlasting righteousness. That was something prophesied to happen during the reign of Christ from David's throne. What you fail to understand is the gap of the church age that was hidden from the OT prophets and will conclude with the rapture of the church. There are 24 such "gaps" in the OT prophecies and coincidently 24 is the number of the church.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Well look around, a few of those things haven't happened yet for the Jews and the city of Jerusalem. There certainly isn't an end to iniquity or everlasting righteousness. That was something prophesied to happen during the reign of Christ from David's throne. What you fail to understand is the gap of the church age that was hidden from the OT prophets and will conclude with the rapture of the church. There are 24 such "gaps" in the OT prophecies and coincidently 24 is the number of the church.

If you mean "conclude" with Christ's final coming.

Sorry, there is no Rapture. The heresy of "private judgment" of Scripture misinterpreting those verses, the supposed Rapture verses. They concern the Final Judgment. When is the "final trump" blown? When do the dead rise again? The one left in the field verse concerns death. No one knows their last day.

Read the messages to PROTESTANT messenger Kevin Barrett. Over and over, Our Lord states the Rapture is a lie. You must take up your cross and follow Me during the Great Tribulation.

www.hearhisheart.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

All of those were fulfilled for the Jews at the crucifixion of Christ.

Your gap theory is not taught in Scripture

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Actually it is stated that the church was hidden from the OT prophets. But you win, I'm done arguing with you. I wish you the best looking for a Jewish Antichrist. I hope you're the first to find him.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Please. Paul taught the rapture doctrine. The thing people argue about is the timing of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Actually it is stated that the church was hidden from the OT prophets.

Who was it stated by?
edit on 19-7-2013 by truejew because: Fixed code

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Please. Paul taught the rapture doctrine. The thing people argue about is the timing of it.

There are those who do not believe in the rapture at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join