It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

That bit of humor was so needed that I will reward you by not using your new, secret, nickname. I bet you've got it on your license plate though.

Is that similar to not being the brightest tool in the shed?
It is amazingly similar. The principal difference is that I am more of an indoor guy, thus I prefer the drawer to the shed. Further, who plays with things in the shed? Guys. Who plays with things in a drawer? Women. Need I elaborate?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I find it odd that Lonewolf would be against Mary worship, but then worship the shekhinah, since Mary is the female presence of God in Catholicism and the shekhinah is the female presence of God in Kabbalah.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I personally take no issue with people reading and interpreting scripture, but the downside is that it opens the door to Christian cults and heresies, as we've seen in this thread.

Education means something. Someone who is completely ignorant of say, church history, or the Greek language, is vulnerable to inaccurate claims made by someone on those subjects. Church doctrine may serve a purpose that people don't like, or it may be something that people disagree with or don't understand, but one cannot argue that it was created or implemented in ignorance -- many very smart people discussed, debated and developed it over time so that it works, theologically, and is in harmony with the rest of theology, as well as scripture.

To me, some guy that has a dream in the early 1900s at a campground and runs around shouting "The name of God is Jesus" does not rationally invalidate the Doctrine of the Trinity. The UPC has attempted to develop supporting theology, but what I've seen hasn't been particularly compelling, and the even more fringe Gary Reckart says some downright laughable things, like claiming that the Didache was written in 1000AD. In the end, both are attempting to refute theology that has weathered the storm of heresy for almost 2,000 years, and the reason that it has is that it is sound doctrine, developed by intelligent and insightful people.

In the end, we are people of faith, not theology, but when one speaks theologically, they cannot be ignorant of it.

I see that your obsession with Pastor Reckart continues.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

against Mary worship, but then worship the shekhinah, since Mary is the female presence of God in Catholicism and the shekhinah is the female presence of God in Kabbalah.

Shechina was not invented in Kabbalah. Shechina (localized manifestation of presence) of Judah's tribal deity dwelt in the temple in Jerusalem.

If you had lived in a time when there was a temple, would you have gone there to worship, or would you have avoided the temple?

Followup question: If the tribal deity was considered a male living in heaven, then who is that female presence in the temple?
edit on 21-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
oh deary me you all should come to N.Ireland and see how the other half live lol the root of all evil isn't money anymore its all this clap trap of whose right on how and what to worship in life, live and let live just be kind, good and helping others would be a good start me thinks!!

If i pray to God does this mean he won't hear me as i didn't go through Jesus first, again clap trap if i want to talk to God about something then i will and iv'e always been answered when i have asked for help.

I don't go to church as i was fed up with being told how i should worship etc plus i had a second hand car while my poor minster had a brand new BMW like daaaaaa!!! How many mouths would that have fed?

If i have anything i give it to the poor and needy not to a big building with ugly things in it paid for by other folks dosh did Jesus not teach us anything about these type of greedy people who like to call themselves ministers of God?

I'll stick to my praying to God in my own temple which is the one God gave me when i was nearly homeless i don't think he minds much as i still think of him and tell my children to do the same, life hasn't brought me riches but it has brought me the love of a family i'm proud of, thanks to my God in heaven who i pray to without any ones help just me and him.

Oh dear i just had a wee rant there didn't i
sorry folks.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by truejew

against Mary worship, but then worship the shekhinah, since Mary is the female presence of God in Catholicism and the shekhinah is the female presence of God in Kabbalah.

Shechina was not invented in Kabbalah. Shechina (localized manifestation of presence) of Judah's tribal deity dwelt in the temple in Jerusalem.

If you had lived in a time when there was a temple, would you have gone there to worship, or would you have avoided the temple?

Followup question: If the tribal deity was considered a male living in heaven, then who is that female presence in the temple?
edit on 21-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

Your teaching comes from the Kabbalah, not from true Judaism. The shekhinah is not mentioned in Scripture.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Your teaching comes from the Kabbalah, not from true Judaism. The shekhinah is not mentioned in Scripture.

Wow! I see that I have been brainwashed, way back in 1973. I just looked it up in Wikipedia

The public domain Easton's Bible Dictionary, published in 1897, says,
Shekinah – a Chaldee word meaning resting-place, not found in Scripture, but used by the later Jews to designate the visible symbol of God's presence in the Tabernacle, and afterwards in Solomon's temple.

Actually, the Rabbis recorded talking about it in 2nd century in Talmud.

Jesus seems to have disagreed about the gender at least.
Matt 10:21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it, and by him who was living in it.

Thank you, it's about time someone straightened me out on that.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

I don't go to church as i was fed up with being told how i should worship etc plus i had a second hand car while my poor minster had a brand new BMW like daaaaaa!!!
Years ago, the minister of my church came to my house and I wanted to play part of a tape of some music for him, and while doing that, I mentioned how happy I was to have a nice stereo. It had taken me a few months to pay for on layaway at a local music store.
Then he blithely told me about his stereo that was so much better than mine. That kind of burned me.
What was worse was a more recent pastor who I found out had a new Harley-Davidson for some reason.
edit on 21-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That's why i use the money i do have over to help someone who needs it, why should i pay for big houses and cars for someone else to enjoy lol

It's all a big scam these days if you ask me tut!!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

I see that your obsession with Pastor Reckart continues.

I'm sorry, but I've looked and I can find no scripture that says heretics should simply be ignored.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. (2 Peter 2:1 NIV)

If a single person who googles Reckart, you or your teachings happens across my posts that show what a "good man" Reckart is, or how illogical "Pentecostal Oneness" is, it's well worth it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You have said what you have to say about him long ago. My suggestion for you is that you should move on and stop turning every thread into an "attack Pastor Reckart" thread.

Your obsession is not good for you.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Wow! I see that I have been brainwashed, way back in 1973. I just looked it up in Wikipedia

The public domain Easton's Bible Dictionary, published in 1897, says,
Shekinah – a Chaldee word meaning resting-place, not found in Scripture, but used by the later Jews to designate the visible symbol of God's presence in the Tabernacle, and afterwards in Solomon's temple.

Actually, the Rabbis recorded talking about it in 2nd century in Talmud.

Jesus seems to have disagreed about the gender at least.
Matt 10:21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it, and by him who was living in it.

Thank you, it's about time someone straightened me out on that.

God's true presence is the Holy Spirit, not the shekhinah.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You have said what you have to say about him long ago. My suggestion for you is that you should move on and stop turning every thread into an "attack Pastor Reckart" thread.

I only bring him up in relevant threads -- he was relevant, in the post you're complaining about, in order to demonstrate the errors that a lack of education can introduce via "pastors" who claim expertise in areas that they know nothing about.

Your obsession is not good for you.

Ah, but it will be good for anyone who needs to see the true side of this "good man".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I do not see how he is relevant to "Protestant disinfo".

I do not see evidence that Pastor Reckart has a "lack of education" since he has a doctorate degree.

Again, I suggest that you stop your hate attacks. They are causing your spirit harm and have derailed several threads already, including this one previously.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I do not see how he is relevant to "Protestant disinfo".

As I said, I was responding to another post regarding personal revelation and interpretation of scripture, which is a point of contention between Catholics and Protestants.

I do not see evidence that Pastor Reckart has a "lack of education" since he has a doctorate degree.

His claim that the Didache was written in 1000AD demonstrates that he is not an historian, is grossly uninformed as to the history of that document, and should not be claiming otherwise. I have never seen anything to indicate that he has a doctoral degree from an accredited university, and the fact that he sells phony doctoral degrees to others is indicative that he does not have such a degree.

As for taking the thread off topic, had you not felt the need this morning to whinge about a post I made last Thursday, we would not be currently discussing Gary Reckart.

edit on 21-5-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

As I said, I was responding to another post regarding personal revelation and interpretation of scripture, which is a point of contention between Catholics and Protestants.

Pastor Reckart is neither Protestant nor Catholic.

His claim that the Didache was written in 1000AD demonstrates that he is not an historian, is grossly uninformed as to the history of that document, and should not be claiming otherwise.

I do not see his dating of the Didache to be evidence of "lack of education". The date of the Didache is debated among scholars.

"A remarkably wide range of dates, extending from before A.D. 50 to the third century or later, has been proposed for this document..." (The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations, rev. ed. (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, [1992] 1999), 247–248.)

I have never seen anything to indicate that he has a doctoral degree from an accredited university, and the fact that he sells phony doctoral degrees to others is indicative that he does not have such a degree.

I hear that he has provided the info to those who ask.

You never provided evidence that he provides anything other than honorary degrees, as many schools do.
edit on 21-5-2013 by truejew because: Fixed code

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I agree with you.

There's something that I noticed back in 1973. I wonder if you may have noticed it sometime too.

When some people are praying in the presence of Shekhina and someone else comes by praying in the Holy Spirit, there is a spirituality discord. And in this case at least, the saying, "opposites attract" is not true. The person in the presence of Holy Spirit would feel like going away from that other presence. Have you noticed anything like that?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I agree with you.

There's something that I noticed back in 1973. I wonder if you may have noticed it sometime too.

When some people are praying in the presence of Shekhina and someone else comes by praying in the Holy Spirit, there is a spirituality discord. And in this case at least, the saying, "opposites attract" is not true. The person in the presence of Holy Spirit would feel like going away from that other presence. Have you noticed anything like that?

Yes, I have noticed it. Light has no fellowship with darkness.
edit on 21-5-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Pastor Reckart is neither Protestant nor Catholic.

I never said that he was. I said that he was an example of someone making an outrageously erroneous statement that can be accepted as being true by someone who is uneducated or a non-critical thinker.

His claim that the Didache was written in 1000AD demonstrates that he is not an historian, is grossly uninformed as to the history of that document, and should not be claiming otherwise.

I do not see his dating of the Didache to be evidence of "lack of education". The date of the Didache is debated among scholars.

Unless you think that Eusebius and Athanasius had time machines, it could not have been written in 1000AD, as both of them (as well as others) cited it in their Fourth Century writings.

Thank you for proving the point that non-critical thinkers can accept outrageously erroneous teachings made by "pastors" who just make stuff up to fit their beliefs.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I took adjensen's advice and searched for some of Bishop Reckart's work. I found, among other things, the following:

There is no Apostolic Minister in the United States or the world who has held and observed the Passover of Jesus more years than I. I am the first to write about it. I am the first to restore this beautiful Truth. I am the most widely read writer among Apostolic Ministers and people on this subject. When people first read it they think it interesting. I draw attention to my ministry here only because there are some novices trying to destroy the Truth. And they did not know of the Lord's Passover until about 4 years ago. Then they perverted it and added bapizing babies to it. So do not discount me for boasting a little. It is for the cause of Truth and doctrine that I treasure and hold dearly.

When I first started writing about restoring the Passover of Jesus back in the early 80s, I knew of no one who held the annual evening according to the Jewish calendar. After it was revealed to me, I restored it to my own Church. And since then, I am the only Apostolic writer in over 30 years to expound on the beauty and the truths surrounding the Passover of Christ annual celebration.

For those who ask: yes, if you just show up at the Passover without first contacting Pastor Reckart you will not be allowed into the service.

Do not follow the calendars created by the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Catholic church.

thejewishjesus.blogspot.com...

I will say this:

if any man comes preaching hallelujah, Yahweh, Jehovah, Yah, Jah, or any of the other guess names: DO NOT RECEIVE THEM. DO NOT FELLOWSHIP WITH THEM. DO NOT EXCHANGE EMAILS WITH THEM. DO NOT BE FRIENDS WITH THEM AT ALL.

DO NOT BID THEM GOD SPEED.

Bishop Reckart

thejewishjesus.blogspot.com...

This is not a man I would choose to follow. It goes beyond a doctrinal difference. I am not fond of people who are boastful and willing to completely shut out others for the reason he gave.

Thanks, adjensen. I had never heard of him prior to this thread. Now, sadly, I have.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join