It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by truejew

Who ever said a jury can remit sins??

No one here argued that they can remit sins.

They can however decide if a person who is accused of a crime did the crime or didn't do the crime.

That does not remit their sin of actually doing the crime.

What crime? And again, NO ONE here said any jury CAN remit sins, so who are you addressing that statement to??

Are you trolling again? Show one post where anyone said a jury can remit sins please.

You said that if a jury acquits someone, they are innocent whether or not they actually did the crime.

And I really think it is time to move on.
edit on 22-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

No I didn't.

I said when a jury acquits someone of all charges against them that means "not guilty".

You say Rick is in fact guilty of kidnapping, so what facts are you privy to that the prosecutors and the jury were never aware of when they made their verdict?
edit on 22-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Then, switching over to the idea of confession to priests, I'd like to give a short summary of my thinking and I really invite any criticism which helps me think more clearly.

1) I have trouble thinking that once someone accepts Jesus, they are forever afterward assured of Heaven, regardless of their actions or change of belief.

2) We all sin on a more or less regular basis.

3) If we carry lots of sins, or big sins to our death, a Holy God will not be able to accept us.

4) We need a way, on Earth, to "get rid" of our sins.

5) Scripture, and Tradition, seem to say that one guaranteed way of getting rid of our sins is to confess and receive absolution from one of the Apostles.

6) I believe that authority was passed to the Apostles' successors.

7) I also believe that the Apostles' successors can delegate that authority to priests.

8) Conclusion? Confessing and receiving absolution from priests is a guaranteed way to cleanse of our sins and allow us to enter God's presence.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

To be saved we must be born again. Repentance, baptism into Christ, and receiving the Holy Spirit is the beginning. The person must then continue to walk in the Spirit to continue to be saved.

So, is it something like this, then? In your world?:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wait... did he say "continue to be saved"?

The verb speaking about salvation in the NT is in the AORIST tense!

That comes from the Greek word "ahóristos" which means....

INDEFINITE!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Let's get back on topic.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Perhaps I really did not say what you claim that I said. At one time I wondered if you might be demon possessed, but that was a long time ago and I have long since ruled that out as a source of your attacks.

So,
truejew.....
just Saturday past I listened to a young man, a former preacher in the Evangelical world, who started learning more and then decided the whole thing was a horrible charade.

He talked about the insidious organization of the Seven-Mountain Dominionists, aka the NAR - New Apostolic Reformation - which is usurping this country via seven target areas.

They intend, and are actively working, to achieve the Domination of these Seven cultural arenas (Mountains) with their hard-line Evangelical Fundamentalist Dogma:

Religion
Government
Business
Media
Arts & Entertainment
Education
and Family

The speaker advised us of the code words, and code language, and explained, with sources, as much as he had found out about this under-the-radar crowd. Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, and Sam Brownback are among the indicated.

I regret to say that you seem to emulate this mode of thinking.
Do you think you can determine which "demon" possesses a person, or a group, a building, or a geographical area?
Do you believe that you can 'taunt' those demons, draw them out, and then take over where they were?

Do you practice "spiritual mapping"?

edit on 22-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Look at his post! I c/p it, and that's what is in my post.

Did you watch the video?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

truejew,
we are very much on topic.

Will you please answer my questions above? You continue to malign both Protestants AND Christians. Which is not the topic.

You keep saying 'they are both wrong.' I want to discuss why you think that.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

We have no connection to New Apostolic Reformation.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Rick Ross was not on topic.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

INDEFINITE!

Scripture is clear... A person can depart from the faith.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Except that you're claiming a paradox, which is also non-Biblical. Either God is omniscient, in which case it doesn't matter what name, if any, you use; or God is not omniscient, in which case you do have to get it right.

I understand why you never directly address that issue, because it flat out destroys your theology as being either wrong, or being unBiblical. The question that you should be asking yourself is not which of those is the answer, but why you are unwilling to even recognize the paradox. You claim that your church does not practice brainwashing, but refusing to recognize a clear paradox, an obvious conflict between your theology and the Bible that you say it is based on, is indicative of something very wrong with your thought process.

Indeed, very much so, and yes.

I am currently reading a book entitled "The God Virus", by Dr. Darrel Ray (who I met yesterday). He discusses how religion 'infects' the brain of the 'host' like a virus and blocks out critical thinking skills, as well as 'immunizing' the carrier against the ideas of other religions. It's quite an astute analogy....only on chapter 3, but he's already described how, according to his theory (based upon years of research and other experts, as well as interviews with religious people, and his background in psychology and having grown up as a fundamentalist child due to his parents) - the 'vector', or carrier of the virus becomes BLIND to other viewpoints.

They can't see what's wrong with their own version, but find it very easy to condemn and criticize other religions.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

We have no connection to New Apostolic Reformation.

Not that you know of, at least.

And please, who is "we"? What group do you belong to?

I may be able to give you more information about 'if and whether you ARE being affected by' their thinking. Obviously you are unaware of how the psyops work; I'm only trying to figure out where the dogma-bug is coming from in your case.

Are your statements here something you've believed since birth? Or are they recently acquired opinions?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by truejew

Not that you know of, at least.

They are trinitarian, teach about restoration of the office of apostle, believe William Branham was a prophet, get involved in politics...

We are oneness, teach there have been no new apostles since the first century, believe William Branham was a false prophet, stay out of politics...

We are not related.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Who are "we"?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

INDEFINITE!

Scripture is clear... A person can depart from the faith.

How does someone born of the Spirit become unborn? And if Jesus loses just one He would be a failure. He said no man could he plucked from His hand.

Take note of the parable of the prodigal son. Even after all the wayward son did he never at any time lost his son ship. You should learn Greek. You'd then realize that when a verb tense is in the aorist that means there is no end to it.

Ever. That's what the aorist tense is, indefinite and without end.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Rick Ross was not on topic.

Didn't you bring Rick Ross into the discussion?

If someone else mentioned him first then say who did.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by truejew

Who are "we"?

We

1 — used to refer to the speaker and another person or group of people as the subject of a verb (Learner's Dictionary)

The Church
edit on 22-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

How does someone born of the Spirit become unborn?

They can die spiritually from sin.

He said no man could he plucked from His hand.

By another. A person can himself depart from the faith.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 (KJV)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

They can die spiritually from sin.

Verses?

Secondly, are you not paying attention to what I said about the aorist verb tense and what it means in Greek?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join