It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by truejew

I do think that you are the one being combative and shutting down the conversation .

Truejew, you shut down the conversation every single time you throw out a statement like "YHWH is Ba'al" with absolutely NO explanation as to why you even feel that way. If you truly want a discussion, explain to us WHY you feel this way and then provide us with a SOURCE as to how you came to that conclusion. Just because you say that YHWH isn't mentioned in the New Testament (because it's been translated into Greek) does not mean that YHWH is Ba'al. Yet in the same breath, you'll admit that Jesus was God in the Old Testament, when it's clear that Jesus' name was not mentioned in the Old Testament once. So, what's with the double standard?

Somehow, I think we all know (even with this said), that you still will provide neither. Therefore, you will effectively be shutting down the entire conversation...again. Because you have no argument.

The name "Jesus/Jesous" was in the Septuagint. It just wasn't revealed to be God's name back then.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The name "Jesus/Jesous" was in the Septuagint.

Do you have a link to the Septuagint that shows this?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

The name "Jesus/Jesous" was in the Septuagint.

Do you have a link to the Septuagint that shows this?

The name "Jesous" has been perverted into "Joshua" by the Jews in their Aramaic texts.

Under "Histories" check out the true name of "Joshua".

Electronic Edition of NETS

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Thanks for the link. This makes for interesting reading and research.

In the meanwhile, what do you make of Joshua 1:1...

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

Who is Nun?

en.wikipedia.org...(Bible)

What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Thanks for the link. This makes for interesting reading and research.

In the meanwhile, what do you make of Joshua 1:1...

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

Who is Nun?

en.wikipedia.org...(Bible)

What are your thoughts?

Nun/Naue was Jesous' father. It wasn't speaking of Catholic nuns.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I realize that. That's why I provided the link.

What are your thoughts on whether Jesous' was Jesus and Nun being his father? I'm only asking this because I'm assuming that you're trying to say that Joshua was really Jesus, as written in the Book of Joshua.

By the way, I'm still waiting for your explanation as to why you think YHWH is Ba'al.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

What are your thoughts on whether Jesous' was Jesus and Nun being his father? I'm only asking this because I'm assuming that you're trying to say that Joshua was really Jesus, as written in the Book of Joshua.

Actually, your confusion comes from his attempting to work back from the English name "Jesus", which his cult believes is a magic word, into a Greek and Hebrew form that supports his claim.

Thus, instead of the obviousness of noting that Iesous is a transliteration of the Hebrew name Yeshua (evidenced by the fact that where we see "Iesous" in the Septuagint (the link he provided you said as much, "Joshua" is just the English form of "Yeshua",) with Yeshua coming first, then Iesous, the "Jesu" from that, in Latin, then "Jesus" in English, he would have you believe that God's name was "Jesus" all along. Not "Yeshua" or "Iesous" or "Jesu", but the English name, pronounced "gee-zus". And if you use any other pronunciation, God will refuse to save you.

It's one of the stupidest theories about God I've ever heard and, no, he has absolutely no evidence for it.

ETA: There is no such word as "Jesous", in any language -- don't fall into his trap of inventing words to fit a theology.

edit on 28-8-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

By the way, I'm still waiting for your explanation as to why you think YHWH is Ba'al.

I am saying that Jesus was Joshua's real name, not that he was Christ. Christ has yet only come once if that was what you were asking.

Asherah was Baal's wife. Asherah was Yahweh's wife. Do the math.

Yahweh of Samaria & His Asherah

History’s Vanquished Goddess ASHERAH

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Again, we do not believe that the name of Jesus is a "magic word". Stop being a troll.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A hundred and thirty some pages of arguing.

See why it is going to take God Himself to show the world Ephesians 4:5 is true. It could be as soon as next year, the prophesied "awakening" also called the 2nd Pentecost, the Great Warning as Catholics hear it.

I share a help to prepare for God's "awakening." Catholicism professes she is the true faith established by Christ. No other institution, Christian community declares this, only Roman Catholicism.

Skip all the things you object to or may not understand about the faith and accept God can do anything.

It's His plan to humbly come to you in the most Holy Eucharist. Believe, for the Eucharist is evidence of true faith. Why? You DO NOT see a change in the consecrated bread and wine. Believe something higher, something supernatural.

You have to have faith this is God's desire and gift of Himself. Oh, how this pleases God. John 6:55 in the Douay-Rheims is John 6:54 in the KJV Bible.

FAITH

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."

St. Augustine

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

There will be no "2nd Pentecost". There is a great falling away. Many leaving the name of Jesus to follow after the Antichrist and his YHWH god. Your "prophets" will be proven false.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 KJV
[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, [2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come , except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Beware of the Jewish man coming in the name of YHWH and performing "miracles". Do not be deceived, the name of Jesus Christ is the only name given by which we must be saved.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by colbe

There will be no "2nd Pentecost". There is a great falling away. Many leaving the name of Jesus to follow after the Antichrist and his YHWH god. Your "prophets" will be proven false.

[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, [2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come , except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Beware of the Jewish man coming in the name of YHWH and performing "miracles". Do not be deceived, the name of Jesus Christ is the only name given by which we must be saved.

I show your words above and only if the quote is not too long these days. How come you don't put up my words about the most Holy Eucharist? The Eucharist is mainly what my post was about? Jesus wants you to believe in His presence in the Eucharist. Four facts you can't ignore or twist. Asking about these four again, you would never reply to and I have shared them a couple of times in discussion.

The Eucharist is referred to in the Gospel as "breaking bread" and other Gospel verses, "break the bread." St. Ignatius, Third Bishop of Antioch as a boy knew the beloved Apostle John. Ignatius was the first person to use the word "Eucharist"

You are mistaken TJ, no offense. God loves you so much, He is going to show you THE faith and WARN you BEFORE the anti-Christ appears and comes to power. This is God's divine personalized "awakening" Catholics know it as the Great Warning. Read Revelation 6:15-17 and 1 Cor 3:13. Only God can show you every moment of your life. Prepare, with true contrition, confess your mortal (serious) sins to God now! You will not feel the spiritual pain of seeing CONFESSED sins during your life review. And pray, pray. pray. How important a daily
prayer life even if it is for 10 minutes.

Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. Worth repeating spiritual advise for the Warning.

colbe

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

My post was not direct to you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It was to someone else, but was clear that you were trolling for a response from me.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by colbe

I show your words above and only if the quote is not too long these days. How come you don't put up my words about the most Holy Eucharist? The Eucharist is mainly what my post was about? Jesus wants you to believe in His presence in the Eucharist. Four facts you can't ignore or twist. Asking about these four again, you would never reply to and I have shared them a couple of times in discussion.

The Eucharist is referred to in the Gospel as "breaking bread" and other Gospel verses, "break the bread." St. Ignatius, Third Bishop of Antioch as a boy knew the beloved Apostle John. Ignatius was the first person to use the word "Eucharist"

You are mistaken TJ, no offense. God loves you so much, He is going to show you THE faith and WARN you BEFORE the anti-Christ appears and comes to power. This is God's divine personalized "awakening" Catholics know it as the Great Warning. Read Revelation 6:15-17 and 1 Cor 3:13. Only God can show you every moment of your life. Prepare, with true contrition, confess your mortal (serious) sins to God now! You will not feel the spiritual pain of seeing CONFESSED sins during your life review. And pray, pray. pray. How important a daily
prayer life even if it is for 10 minutes.

Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. Worth repeating spiritual advise for the Warning.

colbe

You have received your "great warning". Continue on your path and you will be a YHWH worshiping, Jesus hater, marked for the beast.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Deetermined,

As to Adjensen's claim that "Iesous" was not pronounced "Jesous"... he is wrong.

The "j" sound is much older than he claims.

Letter "J" Symbol Origin

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Asherah was Baal's wife. Asherah was Yahweh's wife. Do the math.

Yahweh of Samaria & His Asherah

History’s Vanquished Goddess ASHERAH

Asherah was originally a Sumerian goddess who was married to a god named Anu.

Since there was an obvious problem of goddess worship in the land, it's understandable why they would also try to associate Asherah with Yahweh.

Due to all of the intermingling of gods, Yahweh had Elijah round up all the Ba'al prophets and conquer them. If Yahweh was Ba'al, then you're saying that Yahweh destroyed himself.

It sounds to me like you need to read 1 Kings 18.

The only problem is, you still won't be able to dance around the fact that Elijah's God, as written in 1 Kings, is no other than the "LORD", "LORD God", and "LORD of hosts" (not just "God" or "Lord") which represents Yahweh in the English Bible.

As stated above, when "LORD" in all caps or small caps occurs in the Old Testament, it is a replacement for an occurrence of God's Hebrew name "YHWH," also known as the Tetragrammaton. This is fairly consistent throughout all the different English translations of the Bible. When "Lord" occurs in the Old Testament, referring to God, it is usually a rendering of "Adonai," a name/title of God that emphasizes His lordship. LORD/YHWH and Lord/Adonai are by far the two most consistent renderings throughout all the different English Bible translations.

Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

If Yahweh was Ba'al, then you're saying that Yahweh destroyed himself.

No, I would be saying that Jesus Christ destroyed Baal/YHWH.

As I have said, YHWH/LORD/GOD is not in the Septuagint.
edit on 29-8-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Then maybe it's time you learned more about the Septuagint...

But Gentile Christians, unlike the Jewish Christians, had no traditional attachment to the Hebrew Tetragrammaton and no doubt often failed to even recognize it. Early in the second century A.D., after the last of the apostles had died, the falling away from the true Christian faith foretold by the Messiah and his followers began in earnest. Pagan philosophies and doctrines infiltrated the congregation of believers; sects and divisions arose, and the original purity of faith corrupted. And God's Name ceased to be used. Gentile scribes, who had never before seen Hebrew writing (especially in its archaic form), stopped preserving the Divine Name. This contributed to the use of kyrios and theos for the Tetragrammaton, and toward the end of the first Christian century the use of these surrogates crowded out the Hebrew Tetragrammaton in both Testaments.

Another factor in dropping the Tetragrammaton from the Bible texts is that the Gentile "Christians" did not want to appear Jewish. From 66 A.D. to 135 A.D. there were several Jewish revolts that resulted in severe persecution by Roman authorities upon any who appeared Jewish. Most of the Jewish Christians were killed by the Romans, leaving mostly "Gentile" Christians. These Gentile Christians wanted to appease the Roman authorities and gain approval amongst Romans in general. To accomplish this they began to discard almost anything that made them look in the least bit Jewish. The Greek philosophies were placed on a par with the Scriptures (see 2 Timothy 6:20-21). Under these circumstances all scriptures containing the Divine Name were destroyed, leaving only copies that contained the substitutes, kyrios or theos.

The Jews, on the other hand, because of their reverence for the Divine Name, did NOT destroy texts containing the Tetragrammaton. A famous rabbinic passage (Talmud Shabbat 13.5) discusses the problem of destroying "heretical" texts (very probably including books of the Jewish Christians). The problem the rabbinic writer has with this is that the heretical texts contained the Divine Name and the wholesale destruction would include the destruction of the Divine Name! This further suggests that the Jewish Christians did NOT translate the Divine Name into Greek.

In later copies of the Septuagint, God's Name was completely removed and words like "God" (The.os') and "Lord" (Ky'ri.os) were substituted.

The same thing occurred in the "New Testament," or Christian Greek Scriptures. Professor George Howard makes the following comment: "When the Hebrew form for the divine name was eliminated in favor of Greek substitutes in the Septuagint, it was eliminated also from the New Testament quotations of the Septuagint....Before long the divine name was lost to the Gentile church except insofar as it was reflected in the contracted surrogates or remembered by scholars (BAR, March 1978).

www.hope-of-israel.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

"Ecclesia of YEHOVAH" is not exactly a credible source. With a name like that, they are obviously going to defend YHWH with or without evidence. Plus they do not back up their claims. They have no proof that YHWH was removed from the New Testament.

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139 >>

join