It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Nuclear Bomb, Part 4, Emerging from Shelter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For whatever reason I couldn't edit the original post so here is the latest video in the surviving nuclear series. This video is focused on what to do when major gamma radiation has subsided and you have to emerge from your shelter. I teach how to avoid alpha and beta radiation with tips on how to dress with what you have as well as where to find water and food.

In case you haven't seen the prerequisite first three parts of the series they can be found here:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

edit on 6-4-2013 by LibertysTeeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So, do you think missile silo areas would be a primary target? or populated areas such as big cities?
Missile silo MAP just for Colorado/Nebraska/Wyoming corners which is sparsley populated compared to alot of other areas

Knowing where to evacuate to, if needed, is a big concern for me.

And this info is very much appreciated. I am having my daughter watch them who is away at college.
edit on 7-4-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The likely targets of a nuclear attack vary greatly. If it were a nation vs. nation shooting war, say US vs. Russia, then yes, missle silos would likely be targeted. If it is a one off from Iran or N. Korea, then I feel that they would target a population center for a couple of reasons. 1.) taking out a silo in Kansas is not going to do anything for them. They have limited warheads so they need to make them "count".

I can just imagine the conversation you are going to have with your daughter. "Hey (insert name), you've got to watch this series on surviving a nuclear bomb. Sure, honey, I know the guy looks like a nutcase but trust me. Yes, I did see he was all decked out in camo.."

Thanks for watching.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

I'd have to agree. Also, they'd launch multiple missiles at whichever targets they chose, to have the greatest chance of actually getting through defenses.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

Actually, she is the one who asked me where she should go and what she should do etc. if we get nuked (after seeing all the NK threads on ATS).

Lots of great info.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Cool series but I would be pretty scared of the zombies in the post apocalyptic world lol.

new topics

top topics

join