It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question - why does god want people to kill?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Ok, even though I grew up Christian, my father was a minister, I have a totally different take on this entire thing.

I don't believe killing is a sin. God does it every day. Except that he thinks of it as bringing his people home to him.

Mosses was given a set of rules, or laws for humans. His group was uncivilized, and god and Moses knew that they had to do something. People can't kill (should''t) kill, it makes the world far too chaotic.

Country leaders shouldn't kill either(in fact they especially should''t kill) because when they do, they can destroy the entire world. Besides, they certainly are able to take out a whole lot of more people then any serial killer on a rampage.

Anyway, that's my take on the subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

What the hell does Creator God or Great Other mean?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

Is there anyone here who can explain to me why a good, loving, caring god would ask or want a follower to kill another person because that person has different beliefs?

Boredom.

Many many moons ago, he may have been content with watching the ants performing their mundane daily chores, but that did not take long before the monotony became too much. After many cycles of various changes, he eventually realized that being a spectator of competition was much more entertaining.

Often though, I cannot help but to wonder how far he is willing to go above and beyond the role of simply being a spectator. I think he occasionally cheats, which is why the winners are always thanking him after they have won.

Heck, he is usually even mentioned first.
"Well first of all, in my acceptance of this trophy/award/etc..., I'd like to Thank God, and I'd like to thank my parents, and my beautiful wife, and my kids, and my agents/trainers...."

They are all forms of competition ,whether it be a boxing match, a basketball game, or a large scale war.

[align=center][color=EDAFA6]God + Boredom = Competition & Blood[/align]

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I can't answer your question because It would take a very long time, But one guy has opened a thread and he is trying to stand "for" Islam so that he may discover if Islam is peaceful or not. I recommend you look at the Quran with an open an clear mind, Otherwise you would missinterpret a lot.

forums.sherdog.com...

There are those that say that the problem is the extremist religious people, I highly doubt that this is the case. Even though there may be people that interpret things very differently from other people, The so called "extremists" are motivated by political reasons. For example, Why would someone in Afghanistan blow their selves up at an American military base? Because they have no other options, They are deprived from living in peace, their lives are shattered, their children, women and elderly are killed. They don't have a weapon to fight with, So they take a bomb and blow them selves up. In my opinion that's not wrong, It may be in your opinion. The Americans for example in this case leave the poor Afghans in no other option than to retaliate. You can't call them extremists or suicide bombers for that, they only did what was just.

Islam stands for justice, You're never allowed to kill innocent people and killing is strongly prohibited unless it is a must. In cases of self defense to save ones own life killing is allowed even though it is still not recommended if it's able to be prevented.

Islam always seeks a peaceful way to solve issues, Killing is the opposite of solving solutions with peace. Sometimes violence is the only way, or otherwise you'll get wiped out.

I hope I answered a part of your question, I am myself a muslim and I'm strongly against the killing of anything that's innocent, Even a small ant is not allowed to be killed with injustice.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Misbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
this post makes no sense. god is a fictional character. that would be like saying why does santa claus want people to kill. people use the god thing to justify their wrongful actions or try to make it seem like their killing is for a purpose.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi Billy565
My religious background seems to be a carbon copy of yours. I'm not religious although I have been to church for the sake of weddings and funerals. I also am not well versed in the bible but I am aware it's contents and basic teachings.

Now to the point:

I believe if there is a God....Or GODS
then we are simply his/her fish in a giant fish bowl. Except we are not merely an exotic species of fish, we are the predatory, piranha type, and every now and then it's enjoyable to watch them feed. Taking into account that we are also very good at problem solving, and as a species, we hate being backed into a corner, THE GODS, like to create a little crisis to watch how we fight our way out of it. We are like their own giant game of chess.

If God created us in his own image, then why do we like UFC so much.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

jahveh, the god of envy,,,

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

To those who have replied I thank you for taking the time.

In those replies it seems to me the reference has been based mostly on Christianity.

That is where I'm confused. I'm under the impression it's okay to kill a Christian if you're a Muslim.

There must be a few Muslims on this site who can clearify this.

I have a hard time with Islam sometimes since the Koran is not my cup of spiritual tea. But you are confusing Muslim/Islam with Wahhabism or as the like to call themselves salafism that is the fundamentalists of Islam that cannot see other faiths as a road to the same god.

Wahhabism is big in Saudi Arabia and exports it's small mindedness to other countries like Afghanistan. en.wikipedia.org...

And the Wahhabism fundamentalists are backed by US since the Saudi Arabia is an ally. Osama bin Laden was born in the bin Laden family to billionaire Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden in Saudi Arabia. Us creates the problem and solves the problem. A perfect creation of the weapons industry to make money on US citizens.

Now United states is using Al queda/fundamentalist to topple Syria just like Lybia thru Saudi Arabia.
edit on 7-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
How can satan and his kind be defeated without killing?

By not letting dualistic thoughts win and rise above them. Satan is from my point of view a symbolic representation of of the ego/egoistic behaviour in humanity. A soul that is beyond the ego behaviour and understand that his/hers happiness is related to everybody else happiness that will give freely of what have been given him/her to help others because it is the right idealistic thing todo have already defeated it's ego or is at least keeping it at bay.

Short answer: by symbiotic loving actions and sometimes sacrificing what you want for the good of all that is.

edit on 7-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by bb23108

What the hell does Creator God or Great Other mean?
On several occasions I have suspected that your login id "AfterInfinity" is used by at least two of you. This question you asked me here is one of those times because one of you and I have discussed this several times on at least one or two threads by AfterInfinity. For you to ask me this makes me think that you are the poster that doesn't read my responses whereas the other AfterInfinity usually does read my responses, given the dialog we have had, even about this very question.

In any event, given it may be a question that helps others, I will explain what I mean here too. The notion of the Creator God is self-explanatory (as the other AfterInfinity seems to already know). It is the belief that some all-Powerful Being actually created the cosmos. I also used the less common description of "The Great Other" because the notion of a Creator God assumes separation or "otherness" between us and God.

Such a "God as Other" idea was developed by men based on their felt separation from all objects and others. In an attempt to feel secure and explain the appearance of the cosmos, man developed this idea of a separate God as a kind of Super-Parent that always looked out for us, was in charge of everything, could save us if we are good, etc. Sound familiar?

This objectifying God as the Great Other is NOT what great spiritual masters such as Jesus spoke of. Jesus did not teach that man and God are inherently separate. He spoke of communion with God, which requires going beyond objectifying God as "Other". He also gave his core commandments to love God fully, and neighbor as oneself. This is not possible if one is assuming separation from God and others.

This idea of the Creator God has "allowed" people to justify all kinds of atrocities that have already been mentioned on this thread. If this myth of the Creator God is understood as being based on (or as an extension of) the myth of assuming one is separate from all others - then a new understanding emerges that we are not separate from others, but that we arise in indivisible unity, in a condition of (apparently) infinite relatedness.

Deepening this recognition of our actual condition here and taking real responsibility for it, awakens the inherent morality and love at the heart of each of us, and into the condition of Reality or Truth.
edit on 7-4-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

2 This is what the LORD of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. 3 1 Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.

1 Samuel 15: 2-3

There are many instances in the Bible where God has instructed Man to kill.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by soloharmony
this post makes no sense. god is a fictional character. that would be like saying why does santa claus want people to kill. people use the god thing to justify their wrongful actions or try to make it seem like their killing is for a purpose.

The question does make sense, you just don't understand it. Re-read the thread, and think about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

hi, man, ei niin kovin salainen...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Even then, it was a confrontation between two (or more) interpretations.
To simplify, rather different points of view.

I spent much revered time in the U.K. during that social unrest.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

That's a Negative there winofiend.

Roger that, over and out.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by salainen

hi, man, ei niin kovin salainen...

Couldn't think of anything better. Et kuitenkaan tiedä kuka olen

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Hello ATS.

I am not a ‘religious person’. I have been to church but I do not attend a service on a regular basis, usually for funerals and weddings. I have never read the bible, too boring, but I have limited knowledge of its contents.

Never in my life have I held or even seen a Koran so I know less about the Muslim religion than of the Christian religion.
(The above statements are meant as a background not to cause an argument or to offend any true devoted followers.)

Now to the point of this thread....

The way I understand it murder or killing another person is considered a sin in Christianity, I assume there is something similar in the Muslim religion but I’m not positive.

Why then are so many murders committed in the name of a GOD? Not every war but many have begun under the guise of a religion.

Is there anyone here who can explain to me why a good, loving, caring god would ask or want a follower to kill another person because that person has different beliefs?

(I’m not going to be convinced if you answer “an eye for an eye”. )

Thanks for your time and please forgive my ignorance.

edit on 6-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

Quite simply the wars and Murders to do with god are in his name only but have no support from him.

Since Jesus death apostasy slowly crept in to the Christain faith and apostates have twisted it and world leaders have hijacked it to serve there own evil ends.

All the crusades and all the wars before and since are abhorrent to God. Every time a soldier is blessed before combat it means nothing. God is just a sad spectator watching his name get abused and draged through the dirt in each war.

God does not want killings or wars in any shape or form from Humans. The only rightous war will be at Armaggedon when he will personaly come down and stop the abuses being taken in his name and bring true peace to humans.
edit on 14-4-2013 by JW2002 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join