It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

majority rules.

We can invent any common bogey man for the cause of our societal sufferings. In fact we’re good at this. Whether it is the government eagles, the corporate chickenhawks, the ultra-rich pigs, the elephants, the donkeys—we always have a menagerie to choose from. Follow the money—or so they say.

But surely, my friends, we cannot blame our government leaders, for they have arrived by democratic election. We did our part and have chosen them to represent us, speak in our place, and, as it were, to do what we are unwilling to do—lead ourselves. We readily consumed their rhetoric, trusted them and signed the ballots with our own hands, bought and sold. They come and go with our accordance. The government...they are no enemy. They are us. Majority rules.

Certainly, we cannot blame the corporations. We feed them. We fund them. We are the boss. They offer products and services and we willingly hand over our money. Supply and demand. Contract law. Everything they own we’ve paid for. We built their towers. A simple choice would end their climb to the heavens—eliminate the demand, end the supply. Maybe too difficult? Maybe not important. Majority rules.

And we certainly cannot blame the banks, the rich, the church, the media—we are the soil from where these monstrosities grow. We cultivate them, water them and allow them to bask in our light. We buy into systems that allow them to flourish when all we need do is turn our backs, leave them in the shadows to whither. But we want them here. They are the product of our culture. We are their culture. We are culture. Majority rules.

Follow the money and where does it always lead but to our pockets. Culture—the right, the left, the in-betweens, the capitalism, communism, any isms, the hate, the violence, the art, the rhetoric—our shining masterpiece singed by all who built it, the majority, the mob, "The People That Be", the herd.

Seek no further than what you see in the mirror for the cause of our suffering, and the key to your release from it.

Majority rules. Individual suffers.

Thank you for reading,

LesMisanthrope

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. These things you mention.....They saw a way of tricking us into believing in something that was not real. They made enough money off of it that they don't have to worry if everything collapses. They lied to us that the country and economy were stronger than they are to protect their reputations and pocketbooks.

The devil would have you believe a lie. Society believed a lie and spread it instead of checking if it was real.
edit on 6-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Have you ever heard of the pyramid of power?
The majority should rule but the system is cleverly held together by keeping people in line - it is the matrix. The pyramid shape holds the secret to the formula so the few can control of the many.
youtu.be...
Society is structured.
Pyramids within pyramids.
youtu.be...
edit on 7-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The only people to blame really are our elected representatives.
They have the power to deal with corporations, bankers etc...

And of course you may say... 'well we vote them in'...
But that mindset is a little too simplistic.

Government has been taken out of the hands of the people.
Political spin and rhetoric are all we really have...
Whilst the crony capitalistic bandwagon rolls on.

And lets face it people in general are thick...

edit on 7-4-2013 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

But that mindset is a little too simplistic,

And lets face it people in general are thick.

The government are there to govern you. You vote your favourite side in but did you know all sides actually work for the same boss - it just makes you feel good if you believe you are making a choice. The only choice you have is to put a cross in a box or not. The cross in the box says 'I hand over all responsibility'.
The government do have the power to deal with corporations, bankers etc..but not in the way you mean - they are in bed with them.
They are allowing the western world to fall apart because they are investing the money in Africa and India - all the corporations are moving to where there is cheap labour - does the government do anything about it? Even charities are in on it - they get us to give money to charity so they can educate and build up the poor countries so they can move all the jobs away from our homes.
They are out in Africa teaching the people to 'want'. When you get people to 'want' you can control them easily.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I have never voted...

But I do agree with everything you say...that's why I mentioned political spin and crony capitalism.

It may be that this generation that has grown up with the internet and where information is freely available have at least a chance of seeing things as they really are.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Follow the money and where does it always lead but to our pockets.

On a bank note it used to say 'The bank of England promises to pay the bearer £10 worth of sterling silver' - now it says 'The bank of England promises to pay the bearer £10'.
Even the copper coins have been turned to steel.
There may be the illusion of money but money is debt.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Have you ever heard "you get what you pay for"? There is no pyramid of power, only people and corporations the majority allow to persist. Greedy, tyrannical men are all products of the system we've built, and which we support on our shoulders.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

But that mindset is a little too simplistic.

And lets face it people in general are thick...

edit on 7-4-2013 by midicon because: (no reason given)

Government has not been taken out of the hands of the people whatsoever. The people are just too apathetic to do anything about it. Look at how the Tea Party swept in during the 2010 elections, was that a contrived event?

No..people just got organized.

Politicians care about one thing the most. That is staying in power. They will go against anyone, change any law, do whatever is demanded, if they feel its what needs to be done to maintain the status quo of their career. Problem is that they never real feel threatened so their loyalties may stray.

Look at how Obama all of a sudden addressed the gun control issue when he was pretty much silent on it for the first four years of his term. His base demanded action and with mid-terms coming up he had to accomodate them.

As for the OP, I agree with everything that was written. Too many people are quick to place blame everywhere but on themselves.

A good look in the mirror will often show you the cause of many of the nations problems but too many people would rather complain about corporate control as they type out their words on their corporate bought computer.

The hypocrisy is knee deep.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Have you ever heard "you get what you pay for"?

What does that mean to you? ^^
Did you choose to be programmed?
No one can deprogram their selves until they know they are conditioned (programed).
Perhaps you should watch the videos I posted.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

The Tea Party was quickly hijacked.

Government spin, rhetoric and media manipulation ensures that they are never really threatened.

And sure Obama may respond to the gun control issue but I don't see any response to things that are much more important. You too are falling for the media spin.

Go and look in your own mirror.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Tea Party was quickly hijacked.

Government spin, rhetoric and media manipulation ensures that they are never really threatened.

And sure Obama may respond to the gun control issue but I don't see any response to things that are much more important. You too are falling for the media spin.

Go and look in your own mirror.

How are you going to hijack a party that has no leaders and no formal structure. I'm a Tea Party person and how exactly have I been hijacked?

I will still vote the same way tomorrow that I did yesterday and so will those who think like I do.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm sure you will vote...good luck with that.

And if you are a Tea Party person then I'm sure you will know far more than me about opinions that say the movement has been hijacked...and has morphed into something else. Even one of the original founders has said as much.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm sure you will vote...good luck with that.

And if you are a Tea Party person then I'm sure you will know far more than me about opinions that say the movement has been hijacked...and has morphed into something else. Even one of the original founders has said as much.

There is no original founder. Anyone who claims to be is simply trying to cash in on a movement.

I know of no founders out here where I live, we don't have meetings with him, he doesn't pass out pamphlets of what our platform is.

I meet with like minded voters all the time and about the only thing we agree on is fiscal conservatism. All the other issues range from person to person.

That is what the Tea Party is about. How do you hijack that?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What does that mean to you? ^^
Did you choose to be programmed?
No one can deprogram their selves until they know they are conditioned (programed).
Perhaps you should watch the videos I posted.

One can only program himself. No one's forcing anyone to buy into a system they don't have to. Are people lead by some mystical invisible harness? Never. It is their choice, their motive, their accord. One can say no just as easily as one can say yes.

I would watch your videos, but first you must learn to embed them. It's really easy.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I remember during OWS thinking to myself that the name "The 99%" was so ironic. All those odds, 99 against 1, and not a single step forward was taken. It seems that 99% was not an apt name for the movement. The majority wanted nothing to do with it. Yet we blame the government, or the banks, or wall street, when it is the majority simply handing it over.

edit on 7-4-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I remember during OWS thinking to myself that the name "The 99%" was so ironic. All those odds, 99 against 1, and not a single step forward was taken. It seems that 99% was not an apt name for the movement. The majority wanted nothing to do with it. Yet we blame the government, or the banks, or wall street, when it is the majority simply handing it over.

edit on 7-4-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

The OWS was a movement without a cause. They failed because they could not identify a single source for their rage and with which to push for a change.

They did not have a war in Vietnam to end, or a group of people to give Civil Rights to. All they had was anger at their perceived victimization. Its like having a movement against bad people. Who exactly are we talking about?

Their movement was a lost cause before it even started. It did show however that their are enough people, around the world, ready to get behind something and change it. They just need to figure out what they want first.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Presently anyways. I'm malleable.

But I agree ultimately with the concept, we are to blame for the state we allow ourselves to be governed by.

Until critical mass is met, and enough people become dissatisfied with the status quo -the status quo is what remains.

Our bird cages are beautiful. Even the poor have pretty hovels compared to third world countries.
We are set - and loathe to break free and fly away from our pretty cages.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Spot on, and very well put, too.

I live in a country that is technically a democracy. About three-quarters of the population belongs to the same ethnic group and most of this group also profess the same religion. Universal franchise was instituted under the European imperial power more than ten years before independence. Since that time, the ethno-religious majority has imposed a dictatorship on the country's many ethnic and religious minorities. There have been pogroms, campaigns of ethnic cleansing, the imposition of restrictions on the linguistic and cultural freedoms of others and a generation-long civil war, recently concluded, that arose as a result of all these things. In the aftermath of that war, the position of those who are not members of the majority race and religion is more parlous than ever.

In addition to the above troubles (and largely because of them) my country is impoverished (we were rich when we gained our independence), backward, incompetently governed, corrupt and violent. Most of my compatriots would agree with me that we are a most unfortunate nation.

And whom do we blame for all this? Our politicians. The same people and parties we voted into power ourselves. The people we have elected and re-elected, despite knowing their hilarious unsuitability, because they could be trusted to do just one thing: maintain the stranglehold of the ethno-religious majority on power.

The situation in Western countries is not nearly as bad as it is in my own unhappy tropical 'paradise'; you have working constitutional and legal institutions that help keep the dictatorial tendencies of majority rule in check. The trouble in the West is that most people are consumers, not producers, of the political process. Way to have your freedom and your future and your rights taken away from you... believe one who has watched it happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Which is why the second amendment has such teeth and why it should.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join