It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Thought: Pure Speculation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Like everyone else around here these days, I've been pondering the North Korea clusterfornication. It seems that Junior is determined to show us all that he's a big boy by trying to pick a fight with the biggest kid on the block. Now there are few ways in which NK can mess with us and seemingly endless buffet of options for us to retaliate to the point of wiping them from the face of the Earth.

Of course, bombing people back to the stone age (in this case setting back most of NK by a week and a half) has not been our style. We attempt to be the good guys with our spectacularly expensive and generally ill-advised nation building shtick.

There are a great number of reasons why that particular gig would not be appropriate here. The resources are a major factor (though not as major as they rationally should be). The bigger reason is a little nation we like to call China. We deploy massive fire power and/or nukes in China's back yard and we risk displeasing a nation that can basically call our bluff on the entire fictitious nature of our monetary system. Now, I have reasons to be believe that that would never happen (see Enjoy the Sideshow in my signature), but even if they opted for good ol' traditional warfare China is not a nation we want to anger.

That said, a serious strike (I'm thinking a nuke here) from the crazy little freak in Pyongyang would absolutely require retaliation. Now here's my random, pure speculation thought; and if its been bandied about elsewhere, my apologies. Lots of NK stuff flying around here these days. What if we just gave NK to China?

I, of course, realize it is not ours to give; but what if we said to China: "Look, we have our differences, but you treat your people and your neighbors better than North Korea does. You have nuclear weapons but respect the responsibility that comes with them. North Korea has taken action that demand retaliation, but we are not looking to mess with your sandbox. If we take out the power structure, can you mobilize and annex the country?"

Naturally, there are various matters of international law that could gum up these works, but if NK launches an actual nuclear strike, I think the international community would be OK with sorting out the details after the situation is brought under control.

As to whether this would be beneficial in the long term is uncertain, but it would be an interesting gesture to the Chinese without worsening conditions on the peninsula and not not bogging us down in a third foreign quagmire.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is a great suggestion. There reslly is only one problem with it: America's economy is in the can. And with the theoretical war with NK we could pull some of our economy out of the works. Not all of it but enough to dampen the 17t we are in the hole. Now if a barter could be made with China, in which we remove our presence from Asia in exchange for a write off. That would be the best scenario.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zachsfunk49
Now if a barter could be made with China, in which we remove our presence from Asia in exchange for a write off. That would be the best scenario.
Ya, Bout that.
Has there every been a Country where the US Military has been used, and they Fully Left?
We have the Largest Military for One Reason, To Exert Pressure.
The US is not going to Leave their Asian Influence, for Any Reason.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I totally understand, which is why i said that would be the best scenario. Its my stupid libertarian kicking in.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've actually wondered this same thing myself. How does the existence of North Korea benefit China? It seems more and more that it would benefit China more to just take NK for themselves. If the US and China went at NK in a joint effort, NK would stand no chance at all, China would have a whole new country under their command, and the threat of a NK nuke against the US would be much less.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Has there every been a Country where the US Military has been used, and they Fully Left?

Panama
Grenada
Lebanon
Somalia
Mexico
Libya
France
Philippines
East Timor
Vietnam

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Heres my 2 cents worth,.
Lil un is gonna push it a little more
and then Oblama is going to make his entrance to this theatrical play
(finally after what seems to be a hiatus from the public eye),. and calm Lil
un down somehow,. making himself look like the great diplomatic resolver..

Which is why Rodman was sent there,. to deliver the play by play for oblamas act to stardom.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
North Korea already belongs to China. Who do you think is behind this?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Have to say,.
this whole Korea drama is getting way past old..
Pull the trigger little man.. we dare ya

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Have to say,.
this whole Korea drama is getting way past old..
Pull the trigger little man.. we dare ya

We have almost 30k troops in South Korea and you dare him to pull the trigger?
www.stripes.com...

How many of our military are you willing to sacrifice to make a point?

edit on 9-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
For some reason you seem to think lil kim is of modern times and equipt as well.
picture this,.
lil kim= the little person wrestler
Verses= a WWF headlinder..the world in perspective

he has no chance of winning.. kinda like Saddam.. when we started with the daisy cutters
this boy is a simple pimple that needs to be popped

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
For some reason you seem to think lil kim is of modern times and equipt as well.
picture this,.
lil kim= the little person wrestler
Verses= a WWF headlinder..the world in perspective

he has no chance of winning.. kinda like Saddam.. when we started with the daisy cutters
this boy is a simple pimple that needs to be popped

You didn't answer the question so I'll repeat it.

How many of our military are you willing to sacrifice to prove that we are militarily superior.

Are you going to serve in the military? I served....and to me you sound like a kid raised to think war is some kind of video game. I hope you never have to find out what war is really like!!!
edit on 9-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just a foreigners perspective but I'm sick of hearing about this kid when we have more pressing issues to be talking about (financial recovery, our own corrupt governments) I'd have your back if you just decided to wipe him off the map if that's what it comes to.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Having served myself,. I will say,. it is part of the job,.
Sacrifice? really? not gonna happen
you sound like a gun grabber,. LOL

please open your eyes,. this Korean "Terrorist" needs to be shut down,.

Some people will just continue to babble till a good swift slap in the face is done and
reality is restored.

new topics

top topics

join