It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Spy equipment discovered near Russian military base in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Sophisticated intelligence-collection devices hidden inside faux boulders have been discovered on an island situated across from a Russian naval base in Syria. The devices were found on Al-Naml, an uninhabited islet of only 150 square meters, which overlooks the Syrian port of Tartus, site of a major Russian naval military facility. According to Al-Manar, a satellite television station affiliated with the Lebanese Shiite militant group Hezbollah, the fake boulders were carefully placed on Al-Naml by Israeli commandos during a nighttime operation.

Television images showed a system of satellite dishes and cameras, which appear to be connected to custom-made batteries via a series of cables. The imitation boulders, which conceal the electronic surveillance devices, seem to have been carefully designed in order to blend in with the surrounding rocks and brushes on Al-Nami. Al-Manar said on its website that at least three such devices were “discovered by local fishermen”.

intelnews.org...

And I don't suppose Amerika had a damn thing to do with this either?

Nah. Neeeeevahhhhhhhhh....

In early March, media affiliated with the government of Syria accused Israel of planting a number of spy devices disguised as rocks, which were found near “sensitive sites” in the country. The government-owned Syrian Arab News Agency, which published photographs of the alleged spy devices, said they were discovered at an unspecified region on Syria’s Mediterranean coast. Video footage and photographs showed what appeared to be large-sized faux rocks. Nestled in their hollow interior were cameras, microphones, transmission devices, as well as large batteries, which seem similar to those discovered on Al-Nami last week.

Faux rocks. Nice. Sounds like something out of a James Bond movie. With satellites and now drones that can see with 1 foot resolution, why would this be necessary?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You mean like the Soviets didn't bug the living **** out of the American Embassy in the 80s? They'd never do that right? Even if the US had something to do with this (which I love how it's automatically the US), it's intelligence gathering.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You mean like the Soviets didn't bug the living **** out of the American Embassy in the 80s? They'd never do that right?
So I guess your OK with the Spying then.. and I liked how you changed the Topic Off the Israeli,s.
By the Way , Since you brought the US into this, Did you know that the US has Expelled More Israeli,s from Spying on the US, than all the Russian, Libyian, Iranian.
Heck , More Israeli,s have been Expelling from Spying on the US than ALL OTHER COUNTRIES COMBINED.

Ya, Israel is our Friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This must be a lie obviously Iran set this equipment up to make it look like it was the Israeli's. Everyone here knows Israel wants to live in peace with all of it's ME neighbors. Besides they are God's chosen people so they cannot do anything wrong. The writer of this article should be sued for casting such a light on Israel.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I've said that for ages. I can't stand the Israeli government.

As for spying, intel gathering is going to happen, no matter how hard we try to stop it. Our choices are to gather intel or not. If we don't we risk things happening that we don't want happening, if we gather intel, then we find out about things happening before they happen. You don't have to like it, but it's going to happen one way or another.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I can't stand the Israeli government.

Ok. We're friends then.

But the reason for my comment about Amerika is that Israel doesn't do much without our ultimate consent. I mean look at Iran. If it weren't for the US, Tehran would be a piece of glass by now- brought to you by God's chosen people, of course. But ok, let's not digress.

Spy equipment hidden in rocks. Righto. Proceed.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thank you for such a enlightening thread. Never in my 50 years would I have dreamed that nations would be so evil.As to spy on each other to gain intelligenence.

Oh the humamity of it all. Maybe we should hold a press conference, stop all presses. Inform the masses, fire off a e mail to the white house. For I am sure this is the first time any country has done this. Those evil zionest
[snip]rds. It take's a very evil people to be the first to come up with a idea like this.

Oh wait a minute just did a search, this has gone on since before Roman times. NEVERMIND!!!!!!
edit on 6-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Hahaha!! The Dude gets a star..

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Oh, silly.. Now you know full well the Romans learned it from America ..Ahem.. sorry, Amerika. and that's or fault too.

Deep beneath CIA and so far above top secret, they kill the janitors every other week just to be extra careful, there lies a time machine that is set to teach the ways of the dirty deed to civilizations far in the past. Hence.. it's always been our fault. From time. Is it coincidence we make the best Apples and they ate one in the Garden of Eden? America's fault!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

" The Dude" isn't normaly sarcastic I just couldn't help this time.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A Russian naval base in Syria? I hope to goodness we have spy equipment there, too.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow. Imagine any country in the world having spy equipment. Extraordinary.

I suppose Russia uses none right?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, silly.. Now you know full well the Romans learned it from America ..Ahem.. sorry, Amerika. and that's or fault too.

Don't go there, I swear I read a thread on that here.

Something about a time machine???

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

intelnews.org...

Intel news require to get on the ball. Don't they check the images that they use? The main image used claiming to be the recent finding in Syria is actually from Lebanon during 2010.

intelnews.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 9/4/2013 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I had a quick spin on my HF Radio tonight. Normally some of the Russian Navy vessels in the Mediterranean send weather observations in Morse Code. The Black Sea Fleet Amur Class Floating Workshop PM-56, Call sign RIR98 is still at Tartus, Syria. The Baltic Fleet Tanker Lena is back in the Aegean/Mediterranean after a visit to the Black Sea Fleet.

5129 Kilohertz @1805 GMT Amur Class Floating Workshop PM-56 sent the following weather.

RCV DE RIR98 249 18 9 2200 249 = FOR RJE73 RJH45 =
09181 99349 10358 41598 62708 10200 40120 53010 70122 86530 22200 00180 20503 88000 09015 = + RIR98 K

8345 Kilohertz @1802 GMT Tanker Lena sent the following weather.

RCV DE RKO81 741 20 9 2200 741 = FOR RJH45 RJD38 RJE73 =
09181 99367 10262 41698 2061 10175 40132 54000 70200 82220 22200 00170 20000 30000 88000 80000 09016 = + RKO81 K

These are international weather observations and contain the latitude, longitude, bearing and course. See following guide.

www.vos.noaa.gov...

This breaks down to

Floating Workshop PM-56

5129 RCV DE RIR98 09181 99349 10358 22200 @1805Z

34.9N 35.8E Hove to Tartus, Syria

Map Link

Tanker Lena

8345 RCV DE RKO81 09181 99367 10262 22200 @1802Z

36.7N 26.2E Hove to Aegean/Mediterranean.

Map Link

Vessels from the Russian Navy Pacific Fleet are scheduled to visit Tartus, Syria during May.

The Russian Defence Ministry announced on 5th April 2013 Friday that a unit of Pacific Fleet ships are on their way to the Mediterranean in compliance with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu’s decision on keeping a permanent naval group in this region.... The ships are expected to pass the Suez Canal in mid May. The task force passed the Strait of Malacca and entered the Indian Ocean, a Pacific Fleet spokesman told RIA Novosti on Saturday. The amphibious ships of the task force are carrying unspecified cargo which will be unloaded at Tartus Syria, when the Russian ships will conduct a port visit.

turkishnavy.net...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It is almost certainly true,there were local news reports even stating what special forces probably did it.
What puzzles you though? Israel spying on Syria?
You are aware that both states have no diplomatic relations and fought each other 4 times in less then a century. So?
And given current critical situation in Syria,i really hope that there are lots and lots of similar rocks spread there.
Btw, it might come as a shock but Syria spies on Israel too. Maybe Syrian rocks are even better then Israeli ones.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

intelnews.org...

Intel news require to get on the ball. Don't they check the images that they use? The main image used claiming to be the recent finding in Syria is actually from Lebanon during 2010.

intelnews.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 9/4/2013 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected
Good catch!

new topics

top topics

join