It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm done defending cops. They're scum!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

♪♫ Bad Cops! Bad Cops! Whatcha gonna do when the Bad Cops come for you? ♫♪

I used to defend cops. I used to remind people of what they’re here for whenever someone would say “F*** the police!” I used to explain that they’re necessary for order; or else we’d descend into anarchic jungle law. I used to want to be one thinking that the ideology of “Protect & Serve” was the noblest creed to live by. But NO LONGER!

Why? Because cops are scum!

Don’t try to turn this into a “there are some good cops” argument because that just isn’t cutting the mustard!

The people behind the badges are corrupt, cowardly, crooked rogues. They’re selfish. Their job is just a paycheck; which is befitting because their integrity is usually paper thin—as is the amount of respect I have for them now!

Even while I was watching a long string of “bad cops” videos on youtube recently, I still maintained that “I’m not getting the full story. I can’t judge the cops based on this video.” Well, I took off my cherry-redtop colored glasses today.

First, what previous experiences have I had with cops?

Well, there was the time when I got a maximum penalty of $400.00 for driving 2 miles over the speed limit on the freeway.

I was driving home from school rounding a bit of a turn. I was in the fast lane and I’m definitely not a speeder. I simply can’t afford to speed and pay tickets. It’s a money-saving behavior on my part. I came up real fast on a motorcycle cop and halted with my breaks immediately. I decided to signal and jump lanes because it was apparent that the cop was only putting along at about 50 mph (on the freeway fast lane, folks. Here the speed limit on freeways is 65.) So I switched lanes thinking it was odd how slow he was going, but it didn’t really matter, right? Wrong! He changed lanes, got behind me, pulled me over, and gave me a ticket for “driving too close and speeding.”

1) I wasn’t speeding. The ticket says he clocked me at 67 mph. Speeding? Get real!
2) I wasn’t that close! I was still several car lengths behind him when I realized he was moseying along and I changed lanes. (How many times have you seen patrol cars tailgating people on the freeway for obeying the speed limit? I wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve seen it.)
3) Why the heck was he impeding fast lane traffic anyway?! Hmm

Then there was the time I was riding passenger while my mom was driving through a Sierra Nevada mountain pass. It was winter, which means snow and fog. The roads up there are 2 lanes wide with only a wimpy guardrail between you and a sheer drop to your death.

When it’s snowy and foggy, you can’t see more than about 10 feet in front of you on this very winding mountain pass. Even worse, there is nowhere to park on the shoulder and wait out the storm. My mom got pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving because she was driving too slow.

So, why am I all bent out of shape today? Well, I got on the freeway to go run an errand and a cop got on the onramp with lights flashing, but no siren. Not many cars on the road but I figured he was about to hit the siren and punch off on some criminal hunt. I moved over to the far right lane anticipating him needing some space.

Oh, he needed space alright! With a few cars in front of him, he weaved from lane-to-lane on the 4 lane freeway whimsically and recklessly. He sped up to tailgate cars in front of him, and then weaved to the next lane to do it to the next vehicle.

I realized he was just being a jerk now. He could have passed the traffic if he wanted to, but he was intentionally playing in his patrol car. I slowed down a bit to try to get the number on his license plate. Then he sidled up along the fast lane car and swerved close to them back and forth as if trying to run them off the road. The fast lane car almost scathed the concrete median trying to avoid being hit and finally just slammed on the breaks to get away from the bad cop.

I couldn’t get the full license plate number and just got off on the next exit. As I got off the exit I saw two more patrol cars following not far behind. I was outraged. They’re not even policing themselves! He was intentionally driving dangerously for his own amusement at the expense of innocent people! I was disgusted. I wanted so badly to do something.

The horn on my car is broken, or else I would have signaled the innocent drivers being heckled. I tried to get the license plate number on the bad cop’s patrol car, but couldn’t get all of them before exiting the freeway.

Would it even have done any good if I made a report? There were 2 other patrol cars that witnessed it and didn’t really seem too upset about it.

Sadly, this is not the first time I ever saw a cop driving like a total ‘juice box’ (just insert your own insulting phrase here.)

I haven’t personally dealt with cops too many times. I don’t want to. They’re rude and pushy because they have no authority without being a bully.

I’m done defending cops. They’re villains. They’re scum. There are undoubtedly good cops, but even a busted clock is right twice a day.

I’m not even going to get into all the bad cops caught on tape, the corruption, the planted evidence, the brutality, the shamelessness of those people in uniform. All that stuff speaks for itself.

The point of this thread was to show that even when there was no reason for this cop to be a bad cop, he still decided to be a bad cop.

To protect and serve, right?

edit on 6-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sounds like you're upset over 3 unrelated incidents. It's not like they were anything SERIOUSLY GRAVE and dramatic. It is also unnecessary to decry and generalize the people that practice a profession over such things.

At least have a good reason for saying that.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthExpected

Today's incident: I WILL generalize and decry. This is inexcusable behavior. It's disgusting. You cannot justify that kind of behavior. You do understand that what he was doing was incredibly dangerous, right? And that 2 other patrol cars witnessed it, but did nothing?

The other incidents...I stated that they were the only other times I've had experiences with patrol cops. In other words, they've done nothing but abuse their power to no justifiable end in each of these 3 cases.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I understand, but complaining about it on a public forum won't change anything. The cop isn't going to be reading it and go "Oh, this poor guy, maybe i shouldn't be such an asshole now!". You have a right to be angry, but you should be angry at the asshole with the profession -- not the entirety of the people with the profession.

At least next time you could get their plate numbers so you can denounce them -- even if that does nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthExpected

but complaining about it on a public forum won't change anything.

Of course it won't change anything.
Welcome to the ATS rant forum..a place where people express their disdain and disgust because there is nothing else they can do to change things.

I knew you'd figure it out, champ!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
IF you wanna chuckle go look up some cop forums

See what they really think of "citizens"

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I generally have lots of respect for police officers; however, one day I was heading down a two way street, and I noticed a police car coming speeding toward me on my side of the road. He was playing chicken with my lane of traffic. I barely had enough time to swirve off on the side of the road. I noticed the car behind me had to make the same quick maneuver.

I later heard that this particular cop had done this crazy stunt again, and he was removed from his duties. Now that officer, I had little respect for. Instead of trying to save lives, he was out to take some.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I had a bad experience with a cop last week. I was driving my moms car and I was about 3 blocks from my house when he put on the lights. So, I pull over and he walks up to the car. I roll down the window and he says

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

I told him I had no Idea. So then he says
"well, your registration is up. You have two days to get it taken care of. Technically I could give you a $121 fine but it's the end of my shift and I don't feel like doing the paperwork". I said ok, thanks I appreciate it. SO, I go on my merry way to my moms. When I get out I decided to check the registration. It read 03/14 and I realized it was only 2pm. The cops around here get off first shift around 4-4:30. I was pissed. That was the first time I had a bad encounter with a cop and I had did nothing wrong. Grrr.

I remember his name and I hope I see him again, I'll bring it up and call him out on it. I'm generally cool with the cops around here, I'll bs with them and what not if I see them out and about but this dude was newer. I was going to call the Chief (I know him personally) but that would probably make things worse down the road.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

So uhh, you wanted the ticket?

I smell BS

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

What is BS about it, care to elaborate? or maybe you read a few words of my post and drew your own conclusion. Don't be that guy, not cool.
I said thanks I appreciate it for him not giving me a ticket. Because I didn't know at the time that the registration was good. It wasn't my car. He looked at me when I turned in front of him a couple of blocks prior. He had time to run the plate to see it was registered in a womans name yet he saw a male driving it. That or he thought I was smoking a left handed cigarette and wanted to nail me. Regardless, telling me the registration was up was an excuse because the registration is good until next March.
edit on 6-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

No, I read your post, wasn't like it was all that long. You said you were pissed because he said he was about to get off and you knew he didn't get off til later, maybe he was just bsing you by saying that, but you stated you were pissed because of it.

Perhaps you should phone up the chief.

And that was your "bad" cop story.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

My fault, I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words. I was that he pulled me over after I had discovered that the registration was good and it wasn't towards the end of his shift. In other words he lied to me.

It would be a good reason to call up the Chief but... I'm trying to put all of the drama in my life behind me and so far it's going well. As a matter of fact I was on my way back from seeing my therapist (smoking hot btw) when officer douche pulled me over.

ETA: Yeah, that was my "bad" cop story. lol. IT's not too bad but I don't have many people to bitch about it to so I seized the opportunity here.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ah, ok that makes a lot more sense then. Registration was GOOD yet he told you it was not.

Bad cop no donut!

got pics?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You think that pisses you of..

read this thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

WOW! I can't believe that dude survived! Holy schmoley. One word describes that case- Disturbing.
I'd be ashamed if I was related to those officers in any way. Listening to the cops testimony in the video, they can pretty much shoot you for putting your hands in your pocket(s). All they have to say is that they thought you were going for a gun or weapon.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Are you sure he was not running a traffic break? The manuever is sometimes called a "Round Robin". It's to slow traffic down so that somewhere up ahead a hazard can be cleared from the road. The police car swerves from one side of the road the other getting all traffic to slow down and stay behind the police car.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

That had crossed my mind, yes. That's why at first I didn't think too much of it. He did seem a little too overzealous though. It seemed very dangerous to me the way he was going about it. It looked to me like he was intentionally tailgating people for no reason and then playing a little bit of destruction derby with the vehicle next to him.

The police car swerves from one side of the road the other getting all traffic to slow down and stay behind the police car.

I was the only one following somewhat close behind. The rest of the traffic was in front of him. Just pointing out what I observed.

It could have been to slow traffic, but I didn't really notice too much traffic behind us.

It just looked wrong, whatever he was doing--he was going about it the wrong way. Maybe I'm not a very good judge of that. But to just suddenly start driving like that without warning seems dangerous.

Surely there is a better procedure to slow down traffic? As far as I could see, the freeway was clear up ahead.

Thanks for pointing out the alternative though
I'm just not convinced that what he was doing was for our safety instead of for his own kicks.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong when I see the bad accident on the news report though. (Turning on the news now and checking online reports.)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have many bad cop stories but I don't hate them all.
I know there is one who would save my ass if he had to not just based around whether he gets a cheque or not.

As a whole though something needs to change.
That good cop needs to be in a position of power to remove all of the cops he knows are corrupted.

Good cops, good people, never do the real right thing when it's needed because of the fear of repercussions.

Retaliation is how bad cops work, trait of a bad person.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Oh wow, look at this! It happened right in the same area right around the same time I was out on the road.

Three have been hospitalized after a police car crashed into a civilian vehicle

The investigation into the cause of the crash is ongoing.

www.mynews4.com...

Maybe I was witnessing a traffic block after the fact; after a police car crashed into someone further on up the road
Either that or an accident happened at the next exit after I got off! This just blew my mind!

My rant may have gone too far. But I knew something was up today. I was correct, but maybe for the wrong reason. I'll be ready to apologize if the report shows my initial assumption was incorrect.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So, what I witnessed today was most probably a "round robin" maneuver as the poster above has mentioned. It did look dangerous to me the way it was done, but I'm no judge of police procedure.

I'm really not sure how this maneuver fit in with the above cited freeway crash involving a patrol car and a civilian vehicle.

I checked my receipt and the time stamp shows that the accident had not yet happened when I witnessed the "round robin" procedure being done. I can't help but wonder if they were practicing this maneuver a couple of times along the same stretch of freeway today and resulted in an accident at some point.

I sincerely apologize for flying off the handle here! It was an impulsive, tactless rant that I wrote today after witnessing something that I wasn't familiar with. I probably misinterpreted what I was seeing. Although the facts don't exactly add up for me at this moment, I am willing to give the police the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I failed to deny ignorance. My rant was unfair.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join