It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired people who say...why do you believe everything on the internet!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
S&F for this post, I deal with the same BS from everyone in my family, including someone that actually introduced me to these forums. It sucks that I have no one to share the good information I get from this site, but oh well. I've learned to just deal with them being close minded and if something happens act natural bout it cause I was more prepared then they were.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You complain too much.

It's the RANT forum so BITE ME.

Also,don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Never said I did.

Seriously.Got it? Good.

Seriously bite me. Got it? Good.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
im there with you , any show about aliens/ nwo/ goverment secret ajenda , or anything outta the "norm" & im laughed at or dismissed by the people ,yet boy they will beleive anything on TMZ as gospel

@this point i dont think even if obama had a press conference & told the american public that aliens are real , it would not even hold the attention of the public for more then a day

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Scream loud and proud!
I feel your pain, really!

I don't even bother anymore trying to change anyone's mind. Its not worth it. People are so gullible. Even I have had my moments but...

My question is how can you NOT KNOW that aspartame is bad for you!!!
How can people not see that Monsanto and GMOs are bad for you?
How can people not see ?

We might as well bend over and take it in the collective.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've given up on the willfully ignorant. You can't wake up someone that does not want to be woken up.
Presenting the truth to someone living in the Matrix only provokes a reaction of anger, severe denial, and sometimes violence. They will vigorously defend the lies they have been told. Their whole warped world view depends on it. Otherwise they would have to admit that everything they have ever been taught and told is a lie. And that's a bitter pill to swallow. Most simply refuse to ever do it.

So I gave up. It's no use. Those are the people that believe whatever MSNBC tells them must have come down from the mountain carved in stone. They don't think for themselves. Their "views" and "opinions" are created for them by the MSM. They're really nothing more than non-thinking parrots.

My entire family turned against me because I tried to tell them the truth. Even the most basic of truths (fluoride & aspartame) presented to them drew out a violent reaction. 9/11 truth sent them over the edge and they quit speaking to me. Illuminati / NWO truth got me disowned.

So my advice is, don't waste your time trying to wake up sheep. As Morpheus said, no one can be TOLD what the Matrix is, you have to see it for yourself. The waking up process is a long and painful one. I believe it must come from within. You have to want to know the truth before you can see it. And that's the problem. It's not that the information isn't available, and it's not that they haven't heard these things. The problem is DENIAL. They just don't want to hear it.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It seems to me we share the same boat on a voyage of discovery for knowledge beyond the borders of everyday life, and when we find information that shifts our consciousness to new paradigms of understanding the blind will not see what we see and the deaf will not hear what we here.

It is only by self discovery, by taking that first leap into the unknown, outside the bubble of their existence and finding that all is not what it seems that will inevitably encourage their inherit trait of curiosity.
Then my friend they will listen and more importantly engage in a productive escapade of sharing knowledge that is suppressed from the masses.

That is why people like ourselves seek refuge in cyber domains like ATS, were we can share,debate and even argue about our "nutty" theories and discoveries. Remember this quote as It took me long to grasp how important of an existence we inhabit. "It is the freaks, the weirdos, and curious that make up this worlds intellectual development and it is with scrutiny and dismissal from their objectors that they strive to bring forth the truth and its ever expanding dimensions" (anonymous)

Good things we've got your back

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is an old saying dont cast your pearls before swine. For me I fish a little bit to see if a person thinks the same way but mostly I just observe them and see how they are. I dont see too many people that are awake. Now for family because you have to live with them and you want to inform them it makes it hard to break through with out causing a stink. I do the old chip a little a way here and there method when they bring the subject or it comes up on TV at the moment. If it isn't Oprah or DR Phil saying it ,it is not true.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Tell your sister to enjoy drinking and eating feces of toxic eating bacteria.if bugs won't eat gmo that should tell her something.maybe she's to far gone.you've done your best I'm sure.that's to bad move on that's what I had to do with my sister's don't talk to them anymore.that's there choice oh well.they will wake up and it will be to late.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I feel the same as all of you.
How many times have I been ridiculized from Family members or friends about such things.
I still think its the right thing to do because one day or another they will find out about something you told them and maybe they'll be able to open their eyes. If you wouldn't be talking about these things, they prolly wont ever realise it.

Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Don't worry you are not alone here.
Sheepies irritate me also.

You could check this out and see if it rings any bells for you.
www.youtube.com...
The real idiot is the man laughing - I think this is how it was setup to be.
Limbo

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yeah I just recently broke up with a girl I was with for some 6-7 months. I can see it would have gone down that road.

I'd get asked -- how can you believe that stuff you read, don't you know internet is all lies? And those scientific papers, how do you know those guys are scientists? And then I'd see her sit down and zone out to an episode of the Bachelor.

If they're family there's nothing you can do, love them or ignore them. If they're not family, they have years and years of growing up left, look for someone on your level.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Trust me dude do not believe everything you read on the internet. The other day I read on Reddit, that sites like this one have a ton of inside government agents throwing around disinformation. This site has lost all credibility with me, its more for laughs now.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Current disagreements with neighbours/friends/family.......These are listed in no particular order.

Fluoride.
Asbestos.
RO home water systems.....(5 stage Reverse Osmosis)
Removing your money from the bank.
Stocking up on non perishable foods.
Do not watch TV.....(Major one).
Read books. (What are they?)
Avoid GMO Foods if possible at all now.
Do not watch movies at all that are made for entertainment/conditioning.
Budget your cash and screw the "Neighbour with the 65" Plasma"
Know what you want and by all means ignore all the hyperbole about this and that.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the internet is information & television is propaganda, it's scary watching the flip flop

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Hefficide

You are brave I don't think I have told anyone Iam a member of this site

Me neither, I guess that makes us 'closet ATSers!" LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Its all how you phrase the discussion that makes the difference. How I go about it is simple...and lets use the aspartame example just for the hell of it.

There ya have it. you passed off aspartame issues as a fact and pretty much a sidenote of the actual issue. you also had that comfortable judgemental attitude they also have (siding with them) and didn't upset their worldview on anything (because you didn't challenge them..you invited them to shake your fist at the other guys, meanwhile, slipping in info in a way that that they will think they also shared..

When you challenge someones worldview...no matter how obvious it is, you will meet resistance. its human nature. presentation is key.

You are Sneaky! :-) Very psy-ops of you - and I mean that in a good way! My problem is I am one of those people that are as transparent as glass. I couldn't pull off what you are able to, as I would so obviously be uncomfortable. However, I'm very good at being diplomatic and seeing many sides of an issue, which allows me to relate to some degree, and then slip in my info as another way to frame something. It doesn't always go well, though. I'm glad you found a solution. As to ATS, I just tell a few people here and there that know my weirdnesses and have already accepted them. ;-)

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Actually I have experienced this to a degree in my real life. Two members of my family tend to dismiss anything I say because they are aware that I am a moderator on a "conspiracy" site.

Seriously it's bad enough that I can say "Nice day today, huh?" and get the reply "You need to stop reading that ridiculous stuff on the Internet!" like some automatic reflex.

Because of this I now forward them every single hoax I can find with titles like 'ZOMG I SSSSSSOOOO TOLD YOU! ZOMBIE ALIEN NWO ILLUMINATI SPACE PLAGUE FROM MARS KILLZORS YOUR HOPE!!!"

Yeah, they don't like me much.

Wiping away tears of laughter - Thanks for that! Priceless...
peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I totally hear you. I had two au-natural child births with no medication of any kind. It was mind-blowingly painful, but it was my choice. I didn't like the epidural research either!

As to everything on the internet being a pack of lies...well, that's convenient isn't it? I guess we should inform Harvard they've got their info wrong because they posted it on the internet. While checking a source is wise, dismissing a source because it is on the internet is silly. Isn't FOX on the internets too???

I feel your pain. I research things too - its time-consuming and to not be believed by someone who is obviously clueless/naive about the topic is frustrating. Then again, I don't know everything, so I try to give a fair hearing to other povs. It's just sometimes I'm right. ;-) Hang in there! And keep being your awesome researcher self. When the FOX headlines finally state "Can your soda kill you? Aspartame taken off the market due to major health concerns - details coming up next from our HealthWatch segment. Who knew?" you can simply smile and shrug without saying a word...enjoy. (Well, that's my fantasy anyway - lol!)

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I experience this every time I try to talk about controversial topics with family members, even though they do no amount of research and only listen to their state propaganda machine, I am the crazy one. My dad still believe that dollars are backed by gold in Fort Knox, he believes that wars are fought for peoples liberation. He was vice-president of one of the biggest workers union in Montreal not so long ago. It is incredible.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Can you please explain to me why do you beleive everything on the internet

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join