It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

McCarthyism is still alive and kicking. Only now it's not just this guy, that guy or that group - it's the State. And also everybody that's not you or in your group. Your group of like minded individuals - who are so much more individualistic than the individuals in the other group

:-)

Now they're after the children. What happens after they have all the kids turned? I mean, after all - better dead than red - right? But, that's a conspiracy of another color...

So, is one form of indoctrination more OK than another? (I believe I know the answer to this question)
"Summer Patriot Camps" and the Indoctrination of Children

Bans wrote that while she was unequivocally told “that Patriot Camp was definitely, absolutely, exclusively about history…. [she was] simultaneously warned that if – if – a splash of politics seeped into the bug juice, Constitutional Champions wasn’t responsible.”

The Patriot Camp curriculum contains several “learning stations.” One of the learning stations is titled “Redistribution of Wealth”:

“Divide group in half. One half 'earns' Tootsie Rolls by doing 25 jumping jacks

“The other half is not required to do jumping jacks, but can relax or do what they want

“Teacher suggests that it's “not fair” that one group has no Tootsie Rolls, then instructs 'jumping jack' group to give half of their Tootsie Rolls to the other group to even things up - kids immediately understand that principles behind redistribution of wealth are NOT fair

“Emphasize that America guarantees equal opportunity, not equal results

“Emphasize that it is our own individual responsibility to be charitable, not the government's job to redistribute our wealth, or take our money to give to others.”

Bans asks:- “Is Patriot Camp, as one left-leaning blogger for Mother Jones labeled it, an ‘indoctrination camp’? Or does the political stuff just go right over these kids' heads?” Despite attempts by teachers to infuse little right wing lecture points into activities, she “witness[es] plenty that suggests they [the kids] aren't absorbing much of anything.

my favorite part:

At one point during Mr. Alex's intense lecture about God's hand in the drafting of the Constitution, a little girl raised her hand and interrupted him. ‘Mr. Alex,’ she pleaded, ‘can you do a magic trick to make me disappear?’"

:-)

Sucks to not be a patriot these days - and I guess that's a lot of us now - isn't it ElectricUniverse?
edit on 4/13/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Logarock

What do you want from me?
To say that this country is going 'communist' and 'fascist'? That people are trying to take away all your rights? Your money, your guns, your children?

All of it is nonsense. No one is doing that.

Denial is no way to go through life my friend. The Secular Progressives are here.

They are emboldened with Obama in the White House.

The SPs trash the U.S. Constitution every chance they get. Their attitude : Lets shred the

U.S. Constitution and just let the U.S. Supreme Court clean up our mess.

Listen closely to this video. Which one is the secular progressive? Which one is the

Tea Party member?

Want Background Checks for gun purchases? DOJ: Sounds great but if you want to

make that work there must be a U.S. Federal list of every gun owner in America.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Denial is no way to go through life my friend.

Then stop it.

The Secular Progressives are here.

Yep. I am one, and it's because of outrageous, outdated, superstitious and paranoid thinking like yours, ElectricUniverse's, and many, many other rabid hysterics that are shrieking about imagined threats. And I'm not going to shut up just because you all huff and puff about your rights being taken away. And guess what? I'm not leaving.

If you don't like the way America is being run, then leave now, so we can get on with things and you can improve your blood pressure.

I own guns, and know how to use them. I have grown children. I don't go to church and I never told anyone they were going to hell. You can home school your kids if you want, or put them in private schools. No one is forcing you to put them in public school. No one is trying to 'turn them gay'.

The problems we have in this country are mental health issues, extreme wealth disparity, a huge gap between the haves and the have-nots, and rampant criminal racketeering on Wall Street and in the big banks. We have no business running other people's countries or sending our youths to war in the name of 'democracy' either. The people who promote wars, and want to nuke NK and Iran, and who want to bring on Armageddon are the problem.

THOSE are who needs to be shut up and stopped, NOT ME. Those who think they can bully people out of their sexual preferences, and are too insecure in their parenting to know how to talk to their kids about things like sex, but beat them and tell them they are sinners going to hell are the ones who need to be shut up. Those who think the rich should not share and it's okay to hoard money and keep people starving, homeless, and hopeless are the ones who need to be shut up and educated and STOPPED. NOT ME.

The TRUTH is that you DON'T UNDERSTAND, because you're too emotional about it, and you are embarrassing yourselves with this fear-mongering. And you don't WANT to understand.

Unless you are a capitalist pig hiding wealth in loopholes and off-shore accounts, exploiting your employees for your precious "profits", or abusing your children EMOTIONALLY or PSYCHOLOGICALLY or PHYSICALLY and sending them to Jesus Camp, or have an arsenal of machine guns and SAWs for no reason, you have nothing to worry about.

FOX NEWS is FAKE. JESUS CAMP is WRONG and just like Hamas. Gays are not going anywhere, and they are NOT THREATENING YOU or your children. Get an education. Learn what Jesus really said.

MOST of what Alex Jones says, is absurd sensationalism, just like Beck and Limbaugh and all those other lunatics who are causing you to blow a gasket are taking advantage of your fear. Pat Robertson is insane. Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney are vultures. Jones is a nutcase, Beck and Limbaugh are predators, and they are ALL getting rich because numb-skulls believe them!

I'm SO OVER you people acting like children and SO TIRED of you bashing progress. You're all hysterical and not thinking clearly. And you're all wrong.

No one in charge is promoting communism in the USA!! No one. Get over it. Learn the difference between terminologies - learn the history of social policy - learn the way the structure works.
Grow up. And stop listening to fear-mongers like Glenn Beck, or your Pastor, or Alex Jones. You'll feel better.

Seriously, I'm done. Have fun with your heart attack and your personality disorder. And don't worry, if it all goes to hell, I won't be asking you for help.

edit on 13-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock

This is the liberal mindset. Your kids are not your kids. No, they belong to the state. Much like Hitler used to think. You, as an American citizen, are not even entitled to the children that you produce. No, the state OWNS your kids now.

So who here doesn't see the historical reference to Nazi Germany through the eyes of the brainwashed nanny state liberal? Because honestly, it's becoming more and more clear every damn day.

I wonder, why was that both parents had to work again? Oh right, so the state could raise your kids.

Real change, yes he did.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is the progressive mindset and Hitler was a progressive. They believe in the greater good not individual rights. The founding fathers understood this and gave all of us a republic ruled by laws with individual rights at the center of it all.

If you are a liberal and think crap like this is crazy it is time to wake up the Democratic party does not represent you anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Okay, at least you're honest.

Did you listen to both YouTube clips i posted?

It looks Senator Ted Cruz has exposed your agenda to the general public.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Children aren't actually "owned" by ANYONE. They are people and as such, have rights in this country. They are not belongings.

I understand what MHP is saying and don't have a problem with it. It takes a village to raise a child. And the child will be healthier and happier if it's respected and raised as a PERSON; a contributing member of society, instead of a belonging.

I'm not going to try to explain what she said because clearly, some think she's Hitler. But I see nothing wrong with what she said.
Agreed. It's kind of sad see people doing this on a site whose motto is "deny ignorance". Even in this clip it's pretty obvious that's what she's saying.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that everyone has to agree with Melissa's message that it takes a village to take a child (I sure don't), but that doesn't give everyone an excuse to make up stuff about her/etc.
edit on 13-4-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
LOL Public education has failed because they teach lies.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAsleep
LOL Public education has failed because they teach lies.

And now they are being thrown out into the bright sunlight so we can all see their

agenda.

<< 15  16  17   >>

join