It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Children aren't actually "owned" by ANYONE. They are people and as such, have rights in this country. They are not belongings.

Actually, that is incorrect. Children do not have the mental capacities of adults, and until they do, they are deemed as property. Someone owns them.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by beezzer

It is the progressives that seek a fundamental transformation of the US.

Always amuses me how we all divide at this point.

That's the crux of it. One believes the US needs foundational changes or one doesn't.

You read something horrible with that statement and I read something hopeful. Guess that makes me a progressive, eh?

Real progressives die quickly from accidents/murder. The fake ones live perpetually and get rewarded handsomely. That is why most americans fear "progressives". Oh and most americans are(or at least were) puritans when they arrived from europe. They were persecuted for their unorthodox belief system. That is why it is(or was) called land of the free and home of the brave. Americans resented kings and the pope, the british to a lesser degree and mainland europeans to a much lesser degree.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Its to vague.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Eh, not really. Most of the initial settlers were land grabbing aristocrats kind of like my ancestor who was Virginia Tobacco cartel. Not everybody came here to escape religious persecution. A lot came here for the money.

To the thread in general:
Progressive, liberal--whatever label floats your boat. I can kind of see the point in what she's saying in regards to children belonging to the community as the effects of an ill-education are felt community-wide. Raising kids to be dumb just means that you may very well have a dumb surgeon operating on you one day. Instilling a sense of community isn't such a bad thing either. That's pretty much been the method of operation for humanity since humanity pretty much began. That said, although I do think that we are suffering from becoming so individualistic that we have a seemingly sociopathic society at work today, I'm really, really not down with having someone basically saying that my children belong to the community. That seems to risk taking the choice that I make for what I think is my parental best practices out of my hands. I say this as someone who fought with the school system about my eldest until they finally listened to me and put him into college early where he's bloomed fully. Parents, if they are good, can be the best judges and advocates for their children. Not practical strangers.

Not to mention that I just do not trust them. I think the educational system that we have is horribly inadequate and unequal and has done a better job of turning out drones that do what they're told than having the ability to critically think and decide what they should do on their own. I'd be down with giving our schools as much money as they need but only if they promised to make it so that every child has the ability to learn thought expanding information and are taught to critically think. As long as they persist in their wretched educational dichotomy, no way. They are doing our nation a disservice and don't need to be allowed further power over our children through the use of happy, touchy feely buzzwords that do feel a little bit like Nazi Youth (and I'm a pragmatist saying that).

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Its become a fast food society that rigidly enforces indoctrination and conformity. I am not even talking about the private higher education system that you have to go in debt to the bank and then the state if you fail to make the payments.

Critical thinking isn't possible when both parents have to work many hours and kids get raised by daycare. Making money to pay the bills is the only thing that is paramount. Kids pick up and follow the parents footstep.

A government by the people and for the people should be substituted "by the corporation for the corporation". Slogans have become cheap/meaningless. Its all about volume; the more you make, the more you buy, the happier you become.

Critical thinking is for the real progressives(often artisans) that sip their cappucino for 45 minutes.

edit on 6/4/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

Thank you for telling me how to interpret this ladies words, and therefore leading me in to believing things the way you want me to see them.

It did not work though.

Ultimately when you take away your emotive statement regarding children "belonging to the collective" there is truth in her statement.

We are all one big family and we should work together for our society. When we stop this small minded attitude that this or that or the other - even our children - our 'ours' and that we all exist for the better of OUR community, the world will be a better place.

So stop leading people with your attempts to vilify and plant seeds of mistrust and suspicion, before the video is even opened by your reader. That is what the MSM do, that is how propaganda works. Try just to be honest and present things at face valued and let people make up their own minds. Of course, then you run the risk that people will think something different to what you do. But you should be firm enough in your beliefs to be able to deal with that, and open enough in your spirit to change your mind of you stumble across a truth you had not initially thought of.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Someone who respects religion is not libertarian.

How do you figure?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why are people taking what she said out of context? It's really common sense. It has nothing to do with the state or anyone else actually owning your children.

Infowars is such a fear mongering, flat out wrong half the time news source.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Can this possibly be more sensational? She doesn't say any of those things in the video; what she's trying to get at is that it takes a community to raise a child, which is very true.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Comparing our current crop of "liberals" to the Nazi's is silly. The Nazi's were not liberal. They were ultraconservative, ultra national. They were the perfect juxtaposition to the Communists.

Strangely enough, the "liberals" are frequently compared to the Communists. Strange how they seem to embody both extremes of the same spectrum in the allegations of the masses.

Instead of comparing current folks to prior folks, lets call them scoundrels in their own rights. The similarities between the modern US and the Weimer Republic are striking. But so are the differences.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Can this possibly be more sensational? She doesn't say any of those things in the video; what she's trying to get at is that it takes a community to raise a child, which is very true.

It is only true when the community that the child lives in is worthy of raising said child. I happen to disagree. My wife and I raise our children. We seek no outside help as outside help typically creates damage that we have to then undo.

If my community was worthy of raising my children with me, we wouldn't see the current polical regimes.
edit on 6-4-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Sometimes . . . in spite of my decades of study of the evil plans and strategies of the globalist oligarchy . . . when one of their useful idiot stooges pontificats, I'm still shocked and at a loss for words.

These folks really believe that the same folks who do so splendidly with . . . uhhhhh . . .

--the Post Office and
--travel security
--Congress critters with no care whatsoever for their constituents
--shredding the Bill of Rights and the Constitution

somehow believe the masses will merely applaud and acquiesce when the same demonized cabal wants to turn our kids into wholly owned robotized biological cogs in their great wheels.

Sadly . . . given the 50% vote in the last SElection . . . they are increasingly right. Their decades of mass brainwashing propagandizing has turned at least half the citizens' brains into utter mush. And most of the other half are either tooooo focused on inconsequential; wimped out by various means or walking around in a fogged stupor refusing to believe the realities we are all awash in . . .

Sigh.

May the woman begin to be treated by her philosophical, political and social superiors exactly as the worst of the government's pseudo-parent stand-ins would treat our kids.

She abundantly deserves to be harvest what she's sowing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Real progressives die quickly from accidents/murder. The fake ones live perpetually and get rewarded handsomely. That is why most americans fear "progressives". Oh and most americans are(or at least were) puritans when they arrived from europe. They were persecuted for their unorthodox belief system. That is why it is(or was) called land of the free and home of the brave. Americans resented kings and the pope, the british to a lesser degree and mainland europeans to a much lesser degree.

INDEED.

"Progressive" . . . about as progressive as a syphilitic rabid lobotomized slug.

REGRESSIVE is more accurate--all the way back to Babylon in values, beliefs and control freakism.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock

This is the liberal mindset. Your kids are not your kids. No, they belong to the state. Much like Hitler used to think. You, as an American citizen, are not even entitled to the children that you produce. No, the state OWNS your kids now.

So who here doesn't see the historical reference to Nazi Germany through the eyes of the brainwashed nanny state liberal? Because honestly, it's becoming more and more clear every damn day.

I wonder, why was that both parents had to work again? Oh right, so the state could raise your kids.

Real change, yes he did.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Agreed, but let's not use the word Liberal, because these people are not Liberals. Other than abortion and gay marriage, what liberty do they promote? None. What they really are, are authoritarian progressives who hijacked the word Liberal because if they called themselves what they actually are they would scare people off.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well....this is all I can say....Kids do better with a close family....I Love this song...will someone please make it easy to watch....♥

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Not to be a wet blanket or anything....but "liberal" has nothing to do with "liberty". You are thinking about the term "libertarian", which I am a staunch advocate of.

"Liberal" means more like "heavily applied". A liberal government is one that is "heavily applied". As in, they insert themselves into everything in the most insanely bureaucratic ways.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

There we go.

Lesson for you to put a you tube vid on all you have to do is copy the last bit of the address after the = sign

www.youtube.com... so you would copy ehPKFY-08eo, then in your post click on the VID:YOUTUBE button and just paste that last bit.

Here endeth the lesson

edit on 7-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Children aren't actually "owned" by ANYONE. They are people and as such, have rights in this country. They are not belongings.

I understand what MHP is saying and don't have a problem with it. It takes a village to raise a child. And the child will be healthier and happier if it's respected and raised as a PERSON; a contributing member of society, instead of a belonging.

I'm not going to try to explain what she said because clearly, some think she's Hitler. But I see nothing wrong with what she said.

Sorry, my kids belong to ME and God. I wouldn't trust them to any of you self-medicating maniacs. Just sayin' what needs to be said. And Yes , my children have turned out to be wonderful human beings. Mostly because I've stood between them and ALL of you.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

and yet, at the end of the day, you still don't own your children. Despite your claim of ownership.

It is a simple matter of semantics to be sure. But important, as owning other humans is an aberration.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I understand what MHP is saying and don't have a problem with it. It takes a village to raise a child. And the child will be healthier and happier if it's respected and raised as a PERSON; a contributing member of society, instead of a belonging.

I'm not going to try to explain what she said because clearly, some think she's Hitler. But I see nothing wrong with what she said.

Sorry, my kids belong to ME and me only. I wouldn't trust them to any of you self-medicating maniacs. Just sayin' what needs to be said. And Yes , my children have turned out to be wonderful human beings. Mostly because I've stood between them and ALL of you.

Really? You think you own your children? Like you own a car, or a TV? Something which you reduce to just property?

Possessions which you make decisions for, standing between them and that which, in your opinion, is 'bad' in some way. Not good enough, morally lacking - again, according to your standards, not any opinion you have taught your possessions to think up for themselves....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join