It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Predicted, James Holmes Was Taking Violence-Linked Antidepressant Drugs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is not surprising, I was put on one at age 13, stayed on it and had one added until agre 25. I took myself off, now not only more medical problems but no life, I existed didn't live. Right and wrong I just done what I was told. I think parents put their kids on this so they can live their lives. more people playing God. Whether you believe in God or not is unimportant to me, I do, that's me though. I'm now 38 and still have nothing except live with family, zero friends or girl friend. Still get used, on disability for other medical issues. Eratic emotions I feel it still stems from over a decade of mind warping drugs.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jaron

I am sorry you are still having difficulties....but cant you see by your post that you are still in need of the right psychiatric care? Perhaps depression alone is not your problem.....maybe you are bipolar and need a mood stabilizer....Please dont be so heavily influenced by what you read on here....All drugs are not bad...

Yes, there are a few out there that i would not give my dog, however, there are also a few out there that can really benefit you....The drug abilify literally saved my life. Think about it...

Thanks
pax

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaron

Jaron,
Look at this thread. Lots of good information
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So why aren't we all over this.
Here is correlation.

Anti depressant drugs cause people to kill people.
And no one moves to ban them.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I see that his post is about once you've had these drugs and had a side effect, the damage can be permanent. There's evidence this has happened.

Please don't throw that bi polar label around. These mental illnesses were made up to give reasons doctors can prescribe these drugs. They use a checklist to diagnose and give it a label. Some of the questions on the checklists are things like are you uncomfortable in crowds, is your divorce making you sad, do you feel nervous making a speech in front of others? Who doesn't?

In my previous reply I posted a video documentary called "Making a killing: the untold truth about psychotropic meds" that explains how this all came to be.
YouTube

edit on 7-4-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So a bit of the "ole snake oil sellers" still remains in the market, Big Pharma main decree in life is for the Corporation to survive and profit. Healing is secondry and always will be. Its well known and scientificaly proven that a plant based diet with low meat and dairy intake keeps people healthy. But the Dept of agriculture.Booklet to schools says a box of Cherrios and a burger along with milk is what the kids should eat.Its also well known that decent food keeps people less stressed and mentally stable, its been tried in Prison populations...But any change will upset the status quo.Why i dont know ! fields yeild far more food from plants than with ruminants.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm still under the impression that drugs in this instance may be a red herring to something much more sinister. Im exploring all options one of them being drugs being planted as a ruse for conditioning human puppets. But i wont get into the conspiracy side of the case.

As for the drug pushing its just a business to big Pharma, You have to create a demand before you sell your supply. Consumerism will be the death of us. Our entitlement for instant relief is already killing us, the trouble is who can you trust? There are people out there who genuinely care about the source and cure for human ailments but you have almost no way of knowing who's who upfront. There are pills for everything you have to ask yourself is it worth the risk? Its obvious to me why some worthwhile things are illegal while things that kill or destroy lives are constantly being put on the market. Or maybe there is a bigger game thats being played.

I dont think pills are the answer to all of our problems. Most of our problems come from the very pills we seek to relieve us.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I've been taking an antidepressant for 16 years now. The first drug I took was Prozac. It did wonders for my negative thoughts and loss of energy, but it had a dampening effect on my overall moods. There was no up or down at all. If I heard bad news, my reactions were, "Meh, doesn't effect me." If there was something nice happening, my reaction was, "yeah it's nice, no big deal."

I knew it was smoothing things out and suppressing the bigger ups and downs. I read the book, Listening to Prozac with an open mind and noticed it covered the topic of mood lability. I told my prescribing psychiatrist about my experience and he switched me to Paxil. The rest is history. My moods are normal, with appropriate ups and downs like 'normal' people.

Not all depressive disorders are the same. Not all patients react to drugs the same way. I think there are gender differences also. Men are more likely to behave aggressively in a mood disturbance incidents than women are. Just because James Holmes was on meds DOES NOT mean that meds are to blame. It's possible they had an impact on his behaviour, Maybe if he had been on a different combination of drugs he would have behaved differently.

One has to assess the entire history of the person who behaves aggressively. How had he behaved prior? Was aggression a new thing for him? Had he been threatening before? Don't be too quick to blame the drugs.

For me and many like me an antidepressant makes daily life possible. For others, they are already spiraling the drain and ready to snap. Drugs, or not they might do something anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

really? cause the pictures in the car and courtroom looks like hes on ecstasy pills, i mean go back and look at his eyes, they are all glassy and i swear you can see his pupils from half way across the room.

i dont know to many people on prescription drugs that look like that unless they are od ing on purpose (i have some pretty shady friends lol) but that is the first thing that came to mind when i saw him in photos at crime scene, then i was amazed he still looked like that in the court room a day or days later, thats why it sticks so well in mind, day of court eyes wide open glassy and pupils like an alien.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

I see that his post is about once you've had these drugs and had a side effect, the damage can be permanent. There's evidence this has happened.

Please don't throw that bi polar label around. These mental illnesses were made up to give reasons doctors can prescribe these drugs. They use a checklist to diagnose and give it a label. Some of the questions on the checklists are things like are you uncomfortable in crowds, is your divorce making you sad, do you feel nervous making a speech in front of others? Who doesn't?

In my previous reply I posted a video documentary called "Making a killing: the untold truth about psychotropic meds" that explains how this all came to be.
YouTube

You are just ignorant when it comes to understanding mental illness! Are you saying Bipolar is a made up disease? .if you are, you are wasting my time and millions of others who suffer from serious mental illness!

People a little bit of intelligence please! While sharing your opinion is fine, passing that opinion off as fact is reckless and potentially harmful...It is very hard for people with mental to stay on their medication! They dont need someone demonizing every psychiactric med out there; especially one that may very well be saving their life....The

The fault lies with the mental health system who horrifically failed this boy and his family....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This makes me wonder about Rick Warrens son and what drugs he was on now.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
The fault lies with the mental health system who horrifically failed this boy and his family....

passing that opinion off as fact is reckless and potentially harmful...

What facts do you have that the mental health system horrifically failed this 'boy' and his family?

I found the posting of that youtube video quite informative and educational. The reported fact that no drug testing was done even though the presence of behaviour indicated such should be done is quite odd, wouldn't you think?

Defense attorney Daniel King asked Appel if Holmes was tested for drugs or other substances. "I saw no indication that he was under the influence of anything," Appel said.

Sources also said detectives put bags over his hands to preserve any gunshot residue. Sources told CALL7 that Holmes began playing with the bags pretending they were two puppets.

HuffPo
DenverChannel

edit on 8-4-2013 by explorer14 because: add links

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Excuse me, but I "backed it up" with a link to a video documentary. Can you please take the time review my source before asserting I just threw this out there so recklessly. The video contains facts and statistics and you can research all this on your own like I did. Or don't watch it and do your own research before you recklessly recommend people get put on these drugs.

The documentary discusses Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) and the experts in this documentary are psychiatrists. It covers cases of previously stable people who get put on these psychotropic meds. One case is a man who was having trouble sleeping, his only symptom was insomnia. The results were he killed his children, then himself. There were no signs he was unstable before taking the medication.

I'm sorry, but I did take the time. I have posted the video before in other threads and will continue to do so as long as I am an active member on this website when threads come up about this subject.

Making a killing: the untold truth about psychotropic meds

I stand by my comment.
edit on 8-4-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ever notice how the real rapid downfall of american society perfectly correlates with the prescription rate of SSRI's and atypical antipsychotic medications. This coincides with an increase in human isolation, less of working with others to solve problems, and more with living inside your own head.
edit on 8-4-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I first became curious about the effects of these drugs upon reading Danielle Steele's book about her son, who committed suicide. He started off as a young child with Ritalin. When one drug didn't work, his mother tried another,and another, and another. I realize this poor woman thought she was writing about mental illness and the death of her son, but it was page after page of her pumping drugs into him at the advice of doctors.

I just wasn't finding this book to be about mental illness at all. It was a tragic tale of the consequences of administering drugs, sometimes more than one at a time and telling this boy something was wrong with him. He was a child and had no say in the matter. Ultimately this lifetime of drug cocktails took its toll on his mind and he terminated his life.

Because of the many problems Traina exhibited from childhood, his life included a number of psychiatric hospitalizations for drug abuse and for treatment of bipolar disorder. While his mother wrote that she tried everything at her disposal to get him the proper medical help, Traina at 19 died of a self-administered morphine overdose at the home of Julie Campbell; a family friend.[2]

His mother told his life story and of the struggles with his illness in her 1998 book titled "His Bright Light: The Story of Nick Traina."
Nick traina

So this is 25 years ago I became aware of this. A long time to be waiting to see these drugs exposed for what they are. Sadly, it still isn't happening and there are millions of people who are just like Danielle Steele and will trust in doctors and testimonials of people the drugs are working on.

Some of the problems with these drugs is you cannot deviate from your schedule of taking them, its easy to miss a dose or forget a dose and withdrawal symptoms can be immediate and extremely dangerous.

Then you have the people who feel "I'm getting better now". Drugs are working. So they quit taking them, not knowing they need to wean off them gradually. They might at this juncture, or the one mentioned above, worsen considerably and this is when you hear about them going in an out of psych wards. A " history of mental illness" label is applied. Or they are given a new drug to try.

I did some googling looking fior people complaining they were getting worse and the most common reply was " yeah that happened to me so my doctor increased the dosage". Not working, give more.

The drug cocktails can happen when they are given another drug to combat side effects. Or an additional drug to amplify the effects of the first drug "not working".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A real problem with SSRI medications is that they commonly prescribed by Primary Care Physicians, not by Psychiatrists. This is a significant clinical problem, for obvious reasons. Appropriate care includes some type of outpatient/inpatient counseling, in addition to SSRI medication. It's no wonder people have such bad reactions.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Exactly. Tretment has the highest rate of success and the lowest recidivism rates when medication and talk therapy are used in concert. These drugs were never meant to be long term cures. They're supposed to give the person that extra push they need to make progress in therapy. Unfortunately there's still a stigma about seeing mental health professionals so people go to see their PCPs who don't really know much about psychiatry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join