It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaigned On Transparency, Let's Be Honest, How Is He Doing So Far?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Yes, Obama did campaign on transparency. This is a fact, he did say this.

If you bought this to be true, you are gullible and I have some ocean front property in Arizona and a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

I voted for Obama the first time around and I didn't buy that campaign promise at all. I knew it was complete twaddle. But for some reason this is the one issue you all are thinking he would be honest about, even when you think that he lied about every single other thing he has ever done including his name and place of birth.

Obama does have transparency in his administration. He's made it clear that we are screwed. And are you really going to bring the birther crap up? Birthers cannot prove anything they whine about. So if you are a birther you already bought the bridge.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And are you really going to bring the birther crap up? Birthers cannot prove anything they whine about.

shhhhhhhhhh don't invoke their name.

They are like mummies in early horror flicks. Pointless, useless, annoying, and once disturbed from their eternal slumber they rise forth like a plague.

I was just trying to show that these people don't tend to believe a word this president says about anything, but for some reason are taken aback by this administration not being as transparent as they think he promissed.

It's true that he has worked to be more transparent than previous administrations. But these people want morning bowel movement weights for cripes sake.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The fact that anybody would actually consider any administration as being transparent is very scary. This lack of transparency is nothing new, and anybody choosing sides at this point is part of the problem, as they'll condemn one party for lack of transparency, and support the other for doing the same thing.Why not offer commentary on lack of transparency within the entire government, spanning over many administrations? Is it because there is no political gain to be made in making such an argument? Sure seems that way.The millions who voted for either of the main candidates (Romney and Obama) is proof we have a long way to go in understanding what's going on around us. This partisan political rhetoric is just the same nonsense, over and over again, the same nonsense.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Obama is as transparent as a black hole. Truly, his Chicago-style politics are wearing very thin. We need an honest and open leader: Dr. Ben Carson for President!

Dr. Ben Carson would be much better than Obama, but I think the best person to be the next President would be Judge Andrew Napolitano. Every time I see him on the news the guy just makes so much sense and unlike most in politics he would protect the constitution, I would love to see him run for Pres. in next election, heck anyone that is a stout defender of the Constitution especially the 2nd is getting my vote next election regardless of political party, race or religion.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Yes, Obama did campaign on transparency. This is a fact, he did say this.

If you bought this to be true, you are gullible and I have some ocean front property in Arizona and a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

I voted for Obama the first time around and I didn't buy that campaign promise at all. I knew it was complete twaddle. But for some reason this is the one issue you all are thinking he would be honest about, even when you think that he lied about every single other thing he has ever done including his name and place of birth.

Obama does have transparency in his administration. He's made it clear that we are screwed. And are you really going to bring the birther crap up? Birthers cannot prove anything they whine about. So if you are a birther you already bought the bridge.

lol where is the transparency? he kills Osama bin then dumps the body into the sea with no pictures for the public, funny Gaddafi didn't get the same treatment, Saddam didn't get the same treatment. What about this gem

Barack Obama invoked executive privilege to justify withholding certain documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal from Congress, just minutes before the House Oversight Committee was set to hold a contempt hearing against Attorney General Eric Holder. But the committee pressed ahead with the contempt hearing anyway

and this gem lol

White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One today that President Obama "has not participated in the investigation" of the terror attack against Americans in Benghazi, Libya.

“He has not participated in the investigation," Carney told the press in response to a question about whether Obama was participating. "He is anticipating results that show us exactly what happened and how is responsible and what lessons we can learn from it and ensure it never happens again. He expects the investigation to be rigorous."

We all know how well Hilary did on being transparent

and the health care bill had to be just as transparent as it gets with closed door meetings and Nancy Pelosi saying you have to pass the bill to see what in it.

screw birther crap these topics just are at the top of the list! add his kill list to boot! Do people really need to list this crap because we will be here all day

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
"The truth of the matter is that my policies are so mainstream that if I had set the same policies that I had back in the 1980s, I would be considered a moderate Republican." - President Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You notice Neo that nobody mentioned "race" or "racism" in this thread until you brought it up? The people who typically bring up this race card nonsense are usually the first people to make it an issue, and you're a prime example.

not in this case. neo isn't playing the race card, he's making note of how it is continuously used.

let me give you an example. someone disagrees with obama over a crazy bill. obama/supporters: "you're racist". this is a thread talking about a lack of transparency, and more than once the race card has been played to "pass the bill so we can know what's in it" or stem the flow of criticism.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

not in this case. neo isn't playing the race card, he's making note of how it is continuously used.

Actually, no, in this case he is using deflection in order to obfuscate the situation. He is himself using the race card in order to try and put the opposition on the defensive. In this case it's using the tired "oh any time now THEY are gonna say it's because we're racist"

But it's moot in this case, because no one including the OP has any intention of using race in this issue. Race has nothing to do with the Obama administration's transparency or lack thereof. This issue could be raised against any administration regardless of the race of the president.

let me give you an example. someone disagrees with obama over a crazy bill. obama/supporters: "you're racist". this is a thread talking about a lack of transparency, and more than once the race card has been played to "pass the bill so we can know what's in it" or stem the flow of criticism.

Actually no, It's when people claim that Obama is an illegal alien because his father was Kenyan. Or the Romney meme of "It's Called the White House for a Reason!"

See the difference?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Race has nothing to do with the Obama administration's transparency or lack thereof.

really?

“Any discussion of [Obama's] birthplace is a code word,” Jackson said, according to Politico. “It calls upon ancient racial fears.”

www.examiner.com...

But Scott, who is black, is convinced that racism plays a part in the hysterical opposition to President Obama’s health care reform proposals.

Obama’s election was dramatic confirmation of a nation moving rapidly away from its racist past. But some Americans are obviously not happy about the more progressive country we’ve become.

blogs.ajc.com...

yes, i remember looking over the healthcare bill and thinking "this really sounds good, but i'm going to oppose it because obama is black"

if electing obama was a move against racism, what would opposing obama be?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

really?

Yes really, in this discussion, in this thread, in this line of talking here, right here, race has nothing to do with the issue.

Of course for some reason your making it part of the issue. I have no idea why. It has nothing to do with this. But if you have a personal problem with the president's race that's your own issue and not ours.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

so the people who wanted time to read the bill before it was passed (they weren't given the amount of time promised) are called racists, and you don't find that to be a diversion to avoid transparency?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Actually, no, in this case he is using deflection in order to obfuscate the situation. He is himself using the race card in order to try and put the opposition on the defensive. In this case it's using the tired "oh any time now THEY are gonna say it's because we're racist"

But it's moot in this case, because no one including the OP has any intention of using race in this issue. Race has nothing to do with the Obama administration's transparency or lack thereof. This issue could be raised against any administration regardless of the race of the president.

Actually no, It's when people claim that Obama is an illegal alien because his father was Kenyan. Or the Romney meme of "It's Called the White House for a Reason!"

See the difference?

Actually Its a case of both of you are correct but none of it matters. There are some people who are racist who use it as a means to belittle the president and in the equal and opposite direction most people have seen an Obama supporter who A: doesn't know the topic and B: anytime someone uses logic and reasoning to address points that highlight Obama's faults, some Obama supporters will chime in laughably using the incorrect use of racism as the reason for pointing out Obama's faults.

Yet being critical of presidents dates back all the way to the start of this country. To not be critical of his actions would actually be favoritism that he gained solely from his racial ethnicity, in actually handling him with kid gloves only proves that people who enable this treatment believe he is a lesser president then all the presidents that came before him while the people treating him like just any other president are actually not the racist.

Obama's educational records shouldn't be sealed! any employer has the right to access these records in regards to getting a job if they are listed on the application.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

To be truthful. the whole bill was online for everyone to read prior to the vote. Those who refused to read it citing it was way too long can only blame apathy.

HR 3590 was available for anyone to read online or in print prior to the vote and it's passing.

Legislative history

Introduced in the House as the "Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009" (H.R. 3590) by Charles Rangel (D–NY) on September 17, 2009

Committee consideration by: Ways and Means

Passed the House on October 8, 2009 (416–0)

Passed the Senate as the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" on December 24, 2009 (60–39) with amendment

House agreed to Senate amendment on March 21, 2010 (219–212)

Signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010

So, between December 24, 2009 and March 23, 2010 no further changes were made, giving the people 3 whole MONTHS to read the bill before the president signed it.

Each and every step of the process was put online for anyone interested to read. Each and every revision.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Yet being critical of presidents dates back all the way to the start of this country.

Yes, and the OP has a valid point of criticism. Obama did campaign on having a more transparent government, but really hasn't lived up to that promise.

Obama's educational records shouldn't be sealed! any employer has the right to access these records in regards to getting a job if they are listed on the application.

It's not a qualification for the job. Obama meets the qualifications for the presidency as outlined in the United States Constitution. Nowhere in the United States Constitution does it demand that Obama divulge this information. And there's no real reason for anyone to have this information anyway. These weren't demanded from any other president. Can anyone tell me what Clinton's graduating thesis was? Can anyone tell me what Bush's mid term grades were?

I don't think they can.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by digital01anarchy

Yet being critical of presidents dates back all the way to the start of this country.

Yes, and the OP has a valid point of criticism. Obama did campaign on having a more transparent government, but really hasn't lived up to that promise.

It's not a qualification for the job. Obama meets the qualifications for the presidency as outlined in the United States Constitution. Nowhere in the United States Constitution does it demand that Obama divulge this information. And there's no real reason for anyone to have this information anyway. These weren't demanded from any other president. Can anyone tell me what Clinton's graduating thesis was? Can anyone tell me what Bush's mid term grades were?

I don't think they can.

actually they bashed the hell out of GWB for having poor grades lol heres a link to his transcripts 2004.georgewbush.org...

find me Obama's then we can talk.
edit on 8-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hows he doing?

I really wouldn't know. Neither do you. The teapublicans fillibuster every single policy he brings to the floor.

Even when the man proposes 2 dollars in cuts for a dollar in revenue, it is thrown out in favor of asking "where's Obama"s budget"??

Essentially we have no government at the moment. Only obstruction and treason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join