It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe abductions are real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here's the problem.

1.Why would aliens want information about us?
2. Why would they abduct people and not have the proper technology to make you forget entirely?
3. Why wouldn't they have done this 200 years ago, when humans were so damn ignorant of their owns surroundings there's be no chance of exposure?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. There's no actual gain that I can think of.

~Tenth extra DIV

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Why not? We collect information about all kinds of species. Why shouldn't they?

2. Why would they abduct people and not have the proper technology to make you forget entirely?

Technology is almost never absolutely failsafe. And most abductees didn't remember the experience at first, if I am not mistaken. So they apparently have some way of making people forget. But it is not always working as intended.

3. Why wouldn't they have done this 200 years ago, when humans were so damn ignorant of their owns surroundings there's be no chance of exposure?

How do you know they didn't? It's not like a farmer in the middle-ages would have had the means to record his experience in some way. extra DIV
extra DIV
extra DIV

ABeing

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Good points! A possible answer as to why they did not appear and perform their research or whatever it is that they are doing hundreds of years ago may be because they did not take notice of us until the 20th century when we first began toying around with nuclear technology.
If they already had us under observation to some extent from wherever they originate, perhaps they became aware of our rapid technological advances during the Hiroshima and Nagasaki events? Or during the tests prior to that?

That could also be a possible answer as to why they would want to study and gather information about us. Simply to attain an understanding of our physiology, behaviour, intelligence, if we may be of some benefit to them and what they can expect from us in the future and if we could potentially pose a threat to them, however minor, intermediate or major.

edit on 6-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

Vishal1Sharma

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
hii,

Yes most of cases are real.

MysteriousHusky

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Occasionally in the hierarchical food chain of power dynamics, the big fish eats the smaller fish. Sometimes, the big fish likes to bait the smaller fish playfully before consuming it. While I make no claims that Extra Terrestrials are abducting people, there are too many cases of people acknowledging their abduction by something, other than humans. In some of these cases, humans have been present with the otherworldly abductees. Ultimately, I believe abductions are real and even if 99% of cases reported were illusions, it is that 1% that justifies further research.

Raxoxane

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe it is real.Not every single time i read of some one claiming to have been abducted,but in general,i do believe it has happened to some people,maybe to many,whether with or without military aiding+abetting.

R0CR13

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Some misconceptions in this thread ........

the idea of beings travelling millions of light years

Why travel in this dimension when even now we recognize the benefit of bypassing time and space ?

their morals should have accompanied their evolution

Morals ? Whose morals ? Morals are subjective to personal perspective .

What would an evolved species gain with making our lifes a living hell?

This implies a negative connotation to the implied interaction ... what do you base this on ?
Has it occurred to you this interaction serves a purpose that you dont comprehind ?
And that your perspective is rooted in fear of the unknown .. which is understandable .

many abductions are just hypnagogic hallucinations caused by SP

I agree this is a possibility but it can not be the explanation in full which leaves us with the countless cases of reports by a third party observer .

I haven't seen anything that could have been taken really seriously as evidence for abductions.

i'm not saying abductions are a hoax but very vivid hallucinations

Well then you have not done your duty in exploring this phenomena .
That is to say you are ignoring the facts .
Ignorance is not scientific .

Why would any species want information ?
Are you sure they don't ? perhaps the reports are just the glitches ..
These reports have been part of every culture ..read the ancient texts .

To answer your question Yes they are real .
If you want to arrive at a conclusion on this subject study the thousands of years of reports with diligence .

I hope we can collectively arrive at an answer to these basic questions soon and move on to the real questions ..

Who ..How.. Why... and to what end ?

kerazeesicko

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
No they are not real. They are dreams, sexual abuse repressed, some type of mental issue or imagination(making it up, easily led, easily manipulated).

No evidence for them but the abductees. Implants look like glass, piece of metal or something natural thing in areas one would find if you had taken a fall. Also no scientific data to support other worldly tech..no papers showing data but the word of a few who claim to have had them tested yet offer no data or give the name of the research facility where they supposedly have done the examination.

These supposedly take place in and around cities yet no one has ever come forward and have claimed to have seen the abduction take place. No photos or videos of UFO's over houses nor any reports of UFOs going over a house then leaving and returning.

No photographs exist of any aliens..lots of UFOs but not one credible alien pic.

Where you live also depends on the type of abduction that takes place..America has the greys..Brazil has much more colorful and exotic aliens taking them due to their exotic and colorful culture...Europe has more humanoid alien taking them..Nordic ones...etc..it just depends on your country and culture..this will create your aliens. Another thing that matters is the type of background you have...religious..then religious aspect to the abduction...non religious..then more science based abduction..interested in sciences...then science (depends on which one you are interested in) will be included in abduction..not too intelligent..then your experience will be bland and sterile...because your mind does not have enough information to create something more exotic.

If you can be hypnotized then you are more suggestible..which means if you have watched or read something to do with aliens...then voila...here comes your alien abduction.

There are so many more holes to alien abductions..that I just do not feel like typing them out.

there are a few Harvard prfessors who have done studies and have found some interesting stuff look them up.

Susan Clancy

Alien abduction claims explained

Many of the people who believe they have been abducted by aliens are bombarding Susan Clancy with hate e-mails and phone calls. The Harvard researcher, who has spent five years listening to the stories of some 50 abductees, has described her (and their) experiences in a new book to be published in October. Clancy, 36, likes most of these people. "They are definitely not crazy," she says. But they do have "a tendency to fantasize and to hold unusual beliefs and ideas. They believe not only in alien abductions, but also in things like UFOs, ESP, astrology, tarot, channeling, auras, and crystal therapy. They also have in common a rash of disturbing experiences for which they are seeking an explanation. For them, alien abduction is the best fit."

Richard McNally
Alien abduction claims examined

Some individuals consult psychiatrists or psychologists who hypnotize them to recover presumably repressed memories that lie behind the strange events. During such sessions, a person may recover false memories of being transported up into spacecraft where they were subjected to medical and sexual experiments. Psychological interviews and tests conducted on the abductees reveal little evidence of mental illness, but they enjoy a rich fantasy life. When they listen to music or watch movies they often imagine they are somewhere else or part of the movie plot. The typical abductee, notes McNally, "has a longstanding interest in 'New Age' practices and beliefs such as reincarnation, astral projection, mental telepathy, alternative healing practices, energy therapies, and astrology." He and his colleagues conclude, "a combination of pre-existing New Age beliefs, episodes of sleep paralysis, accompanied by hallucinations and hypnotic memory recovery may foster beliefs and memories that one has been abducted by space aliens."

Don't forget that these abduction also include magical properties them..such as going through solid objects ...etc

jiggerj

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
Although in believe in UFOS and EBES, the idea of beings travelling millions of light years just to treat us as guinea pigs just doesn't add up.If these beings are super intelligent and technologically advanced in ways we can't comprehend, their morals should have accompanied their evolution. What would an evolved species gain with making our lifes a living hell?

I tend to believe many abductions are just hypnagogic hallucinations caused by SP. Although SP is a mistery on it's own and needs to be further studied.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

I just want to point out that a mass belief in abductions is actually irrelevant. I won't believe or disbelieve until it happens to me. What good would our believing in someone else's abduction do? We can't stop them, and a worldwide panic would accomplish nothing good.

Raxoxane

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

A thought here: It's an assumption that a technologically advanced race would have a matching superior moral/ethical code of conduct.It would be nice,but i bet the frogs highschool -kids get to dissect would have an opinion on our code of conduct.As would all animals in vivisection labs.And i'm pretty sure that although they would all agree that although technologically/scientifically speaking, we very much have the upper hand,that is no guarantee of mercy,consideration or compassion.

To look at it from a slightly different,more positive perspective also: Wild animals are caught,examined and tagged by game rangers,for perfectly benign purposes-but while this process is carried out,i'm sure the animal endures some fear and discomfort.

CirqueDeTruth

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well I think that abductions are real, but I've no real conceivable notion as to whether they are extraterrestrials doing the abduction - or inter-dimensionals. One is more plausible in my opinion than the other, and even time-travel more acceptable than some. But then, information suggests I don't know squat about anything - so I'm willing to go on a little faith that inter-stellar travel in relatively short amounts of time is a reality. Beyond science we've yet to understand.

That being said, who wouldn't find us and our history fascinating? I'm a mere girl human, nothing in the grand scheme of it all, and even I see the paradox of us. It's fascinating. How so much creation and destruction can be wielded by so few. It truly is fascinating. I dare anyone to do a thorough look at humanity, our history, and not feel fascination. So I can imagine, an alien mind, might find us an interesting find among the few planets within this galaxy alone that can support life. Let's not even bring the other galaxies in our universe in the mix! It's not really that hard at all, to understand how beautiful, and terrifying, human beings can all be, all just within just one of our collective selves. Look to Nero, Hitler, or even John Lennon.

So I feel it safe to say, if there are non-human intelligences to observe us, they will be observing. Carefully. SPECIFICALLY, because our dreams are to broaden our horizons and break free of earth to ransack and ravage the rest of our solar system....we can't survive the route we are going unless we get off this rock. Earth can't sustain our desires. And then beyond - well then we really do become a force to watch seriously... because before to long, how far outside the recesses of our own solar system will we venture? In order to survive, eventually - we will be seeking to terraform other Goldilocks planets in other solar systems... Aye, I'd say we are a force to watch, universes away...

Peace,
Cirque

spiritualarchitect

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Of course people are being abducted. Worse than that, many are not being returned. In the US, 300,000 people a year go missing. Do you think that is all due to perverts and murderers?

spiritualarchitect

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Who said they have to travel millions of light years?
They could be a lot closer than that.

Who said they travelled all that way just to see us?
There are all sorts of reasons to visit a water planet.
Just because you are sailing to Spain does not mean you cannot stop off on the Azroes.
Earth could an island on well travelled shipping lanes to somewhere else.

Technology and morals do not go hand in hand.
We have morals and yet we kill everything on this planet, including each other.
So why shouldn’t they experiment on us?
Especially if they know we are a cross between ancient alien visitors and an Earth animal.
They must be gaining something otherwise they would not do it.

Xenoglossy

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

Of course people are being abducted. Worse than that, many are not being returned. In the US, 300,000 people a year go missing. Do you think that is all due to perverts and murderers?

300,000?
Where exactly did you get this number from?

Here are the FBI numbers for 2011.
www.fbi.gov...

85,158 who were gone missing during 2011, were still missing as 01/01/2012 - which means that this number includes people who gone missing in december 2011 and were probably found in January 2012 (A LOT of people who are reported missing are found or come back after a few weeks)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join