It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio may be the Key. (lawsuits may be pending?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
While we have bantered around the battle ground states, it really seems that Ohio may be the lynchpin in either candidates chances. If Bush looses Ohio, he has to carry Florida and Minnisota at the very least to have a chance. Eyes will be following it closely

Right now Yahoo has it leaning Bush, But its very very close and many law suits are no doubt pending

[edit on 11/2/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
BBC report voters still waiting to vote in Ohio and Florida.

Also reporting Rep Gov of Ohio now getting agitated about judge ruling about using any available ballots to get the long lines down.

The big turnout is no friend to Bush IMO.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
BBC report voters still waiting to vote in Ohio and Florida.
Also reporting Rep Gov of Ohio now getting agitated about judge ruling about using any available ballots to get the long lines down.
The big turnout is no friend to Bush IMO.

The problem is this: are they checking the credentials of the voters before they issue the ballots? No doubt the lawyers are already salivating in antcipation on both sides.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
wow i did like my state(Ohio) until i relised we are the next Florida, lol my teacher said he voted today and there ere 2 ballots stuck together and he punched through them. Aw man i hope there not using Floridian Cardboard for the ballots or we may just have hanging chads!

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Zach]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Pennsylvania is also very important, we all knew that this election would come down to key states, but Alleghany county in PA is staying open longer because of long lines, this could come into play too. They are a Blue collar area could be interesting to see what part they play in the outcome.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zach
Aw man i hope there not using Floridian Cardboard for the ballots or we may just have hanging chads!

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Zach]

Florida is using touch screens, and the absentee ballots are fill in the circle this year.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
[The problem is this: are they checking the credentials of the voters before they issue the ballots?

- I don't think the usual rules on challenges etc have been altered.

No doubt the lawyers are already salivating in antcipation on both sides.

- Hopefully the generally high turnout makes this redundant.

I just can't understand how come states - who must have some idea of the electorate - have failed to provide sufficient 'capacity' to manage this process in time. Especially after last time.

In the UK we use schools and public buildings; we get (usually) well over 65% turnout for our General Elections; we have postal ballots too; the polling stations open between 7am and 10pm and the voting is usually long before 10pm - with very very few exceptions in very few exceptional years.

Obviously the USA as a whole is much bigger but I wonder if the wards/counties etc are so different?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Obviously the USA as a whole is much bigger but I wonder if the wards/counties etc are so different?

may be money? My county (silicon valley, high home values hence high property taxes) has money so we have alot of poll workers new machines etc etc. In fact there were 3 polls within walking distance from my house and we have maybe 40K in our city. If they can't afford alot of machines more people have to crowd at a few spots.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I want to keep this short, i agree with that Ohio looks like being fascinating above all other fascinating events.

Florida is STILL voting.

BBC NEWS is my source of information.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
With the states falling into place more or less as expected, OHIO is now really in the spotlight. Bush has a 120K lead with 74% of the precincts reporting

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If my little corner of Ohio is any indication, consolidation of reporting locations and an increased voter turnout played a large part in voting delays.

Concerning lawsuits:

Ohio has it all-- Electronic voting machines, Chads, long lines, "what ever ballot available to cut down on the lines". All make for a lawyers paradise.

Edit:

MSNBC just painted Ohio red.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Raphael_UO]

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
blame it on Drew Carey.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Dems have a plane waiting belonging to the owner of the BoSox ready to fill with lawyers to head to Ohio. So It may still be in play

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a biased source, but an interesting read

www.motherjones.com...

new topics

top topics

join