It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Puts Final Nail in Harry Reid's Senate Gun Grabbing Agenda?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

We gun owners are hardly afraid of liberals.

Why, shoot.....even Obama is moving away from the radical left. Have you seen his latest budget proposal? Liberals are pulling the hair out of their head.

The Feinstein Sisters fooled nobody. Not even for a second. The Feinstein Sisters have been making whacky comments about the Second Amendment for years.

FOR YEARS!!!

Nobody is fooled by the Feinstein Sisters.....and now even the ACLU is telling Harry Reid to back off from stupidity.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Chris Calabrese of the ACLU explains the concern over Harry Reid's gun grabbing proposed gun legislation. A data base of gun purchases will be created to be used for purposes other than background checks.

In other words, American citizen's names go on a list that can be used by anybody...at any time...for anything.....

“The first is that it treats the records for private purchases very differently than purchases made through licensed sellers. Under existing law, most information regarding an approved purchase is destroyed within 24 hours when a licensed seller does a [National Instant Criminal Background Check System] check now,” Calabrese said, “and almost all of it is destroyed within 90 days.”

“[U]nfortunately, we have seen in the past that the creation of these types of records leads sometimes to the creation of government databases and collections of personal information on all of us,” Calabrese warned. “That’s not an inevitable result, but we have seen that happen in the past, certainly.”

“As we’ve seen with many large government databases, if you build it, they will come.”

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

I'm just saying that had it not been for the fact that they're blinded by their ideological crusading, I think they could've gotten enough suckers to take the bait had they set their sights lower in the beginning. Instead, they went all-or-nothing, and predictably, they lost big. If they lose the 2014 midterms, people are going to blame this gun control push, and if that happens, you may not see gun control proposed again at the national level for decades.

Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

I'm just saying that had it not been for the fact that they're blinded by their ideological crusading, I think they could've gotten enough suckers to take the bait had they set their sights lower in the beginning. Instead, they went all-or-nothing, and predictably, they lost big. If they lose the 2014 midterms, people are going to blame this gun control push, and if that happens, you may not see gun control proposed again at the national level for decades.

Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

The Feinstein Sisters went for the whole enchilada simply because Feinstein will continue to keep her California seat regardless.

Yep. Liberals want to get this gun grabbing hootenanny over with before the 2014 midterms. It's a death knell for liberals in congress.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
The ACLU is not against background checks per se.

Calabrese — a privacy lobbyist — was first careful to note that the ACLU doesn’t strictly oppose universal background checks for gun purchases. “If you’re going to require a background check, we think it should be effective,” Calabrese explained.

They just don't want records kept indefinitely.

Under existing law, most information regarding an approved purchase is destroyed within 24 hours when a licensed seller does a [National Instant Criminal Background Check System] check now,” Calabrese said, “and almost all of it is destroyed within 90 days.”

EXCLUSIV E: ACLU says Reid’s gun legislation could threaten privacy rights, civil liberties

No need to keep records once a background check is passed.

Maybe you have just found out what's wrong with the ACLU's so called stand on privacy rights. I knew something had to be wrong with the picture. The ACLU has Communist roots, I hate to say. As my sister once said to me, they are not for individual rights, they defend Kollective rights.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A data base of gun purchases will be created to be used for purposes other than background checks.

The database is part of the plan, regardless if it's for gun checks or health records. Obama used Stimulus money to ramp up hospital and doctor offices, to upgrade them all for electronic health records databases. Then they rolled out Obamacare afterwards. I think very few people made the connection. During this time they were also setting up Common Core/CScope, the educational monster controlled at the federal level which goes around state and local boards and legislatures. This program also institutes data mining of school children throughout their lives, to build profiles of them, what their grades are, what their attitudes are, their parents economic status, their disciplinary status, health status, etc.

The logo the defense d e p t used for a database they called TIA is right here on this website. Congress killed it then in mid 2000's but this thing keeps rearing it's ugly head in various ways.

They created incentives for private practices to upgrade their systems. The HITECH Act covers the guidelines for it, and the feds will give auditors a cut for turning in people who breach medical records. In other words it punishes businesses and pays people to snitch.

Billions of federal stimulus dollars are beginning to flow to organizations that are getting hospitals and doctors’ offices ready to adopt electronic medical record technologies.
Once adopted, those technologies are expected to form the backbone of state health information exchanges, eventually creating a nationwide exchange so that any doctor or hospital could get information to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of patient care — and hopefully lower its delivery cost.

Read more: medcitynews.com...

It all sounds so innocent doesn't it?

edit on 8-4-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

ok there was the longest thread on that and your statement is just more of the same of a hundred or more pages. We get that you support the liberal establishment on every agenda, no matter what the situation.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have a feeling that I am right about ACLU and it's collective nature. Here is a site containing it's statement on gun control from 2008. Hard to imagine they have changed their mind on it.

The setting in which the Second Amendment was proposed and adopted demonstrates that the right to bear arms is a collective one, existing only in the collective population of each state for the purpose of maintaining an effective state militia. The ACLU agrees with the Supreme Court's long-standing interpretation of the Second Amendment that the individual's right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia. Except for lawful police and military purposes, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected.

www.mcrkba.org...

Here is the original ACLU webpage where they make their declaration

web.archive.org...:/www.aclu.org/police/gen/14523res20020304.html

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Liberals will always be liberals. They'll be silly, and make silly laws and say silly things.

But progressives?

They are disguised as democrats and republicans. They undermine the Constitution at every turn. They pit one another against each other. They are divisive. They want to see the fundamental transformation of the United States. Their actions are sometimes treasonous. They have infiltrated every aspect of our society.

It is up to all of us, liberal and conservative, to see that these liars, these inexcusable cowards, see the end of their careers in shame and defeat.

Yes, but Liberals and Progressives are the same thing. The term Liberal was hijacked by the early 20th century progressive movement because the term "progressive" became a bad word and started to scare people away. The term "progressive" has become cool and trendy once again. This isn't a left/right battle, it is a Individualism/Sovereignty/Constitutionalist vs. Authoritarian Globalist Progressive battle

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Big Brother is developing databases for their databases.

All those on the welfare and food stamp roles are on a database file.

Obamacare expands the database files.

There's no doubt that all background checks from now on will be universal background checks kept for a lifetime on a database. Whether it's called a universal background check or not.

You purchase a lot of canned goods on your bank debit card...Voila! Another database of those stocking up on food that can be confiscated during times of martial law.

All the photos in all the high school year books across America.....into the database.

Funeral arrangements......into a database.

Concert tickets or football tickets....into a database.

Type a comment here.....into a database.

It's redundancy exponentially multiplied.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Not that it really matters, but howd you come to that conclusion?

edit on 9-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join