Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

WARNING 7.0 to 7.5 earthquake in Jamaica's future?

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

As if they don't have enough problems already

Professor Calais, who visited the island as part of a mission with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), said most scientists agree that Jamaica will most likely be exposed to an earthquake with a magnitude of 7 or 7.5 on the Richter scale. An earthquake of magnitude 7 on the Richter scale is considered “major” and is capable of widespread destruction. Kingston was destroyed, with some 1,000 resultant deaths, in a 6.5-magnitude quake in 1907. If Jamaica were to be hit by a similar quake now, the island could suffer a $6.5 billion loss
edit on Sat Apr 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
wow!! ...thats a scary thought. I stayed in Mt Airy for a few weeks one time, and most of that area has small shacks for housings, and i can see how they would crumble in that magnitude of an earth quake....would that tsunami effect the United States?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yes, A major Quake on the Island would be Devastating to many areas, from Shantytown to Trenchtown and all other poverty stricken areas, to even the higher class areas. The construction techniques used in all the building on the island are not designed for Quakes.

A quake of that magnitude would be a major blow to the local infrastructure and economy. There has been a good amount of Geological research on the Island. Much of the Coastal areas would be devastated in a quake due to Liquefaction of the loose soils as well as the Morass swamps. The Interior of the island is primarily composed of Limestone and vary old Metamorphic rocks. There would also most likely be many sink holes due to many natural formations of Caverns and caves throughout the island as well.

As far as a Major Tsunami reaching the east and southern coast of the states, it is a possibility as Jamaica does sit near the Caribbean / North America Plate Boundary.

In the time i Spent in various areas on the island during my stay there as a sound engineer, I would have to say there would be many losses of life in a quake of that magnitude.

It would certainly be a sad day if it were to ever occur.

Hope my Input helped.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Pegasus2000 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think the carribean's fault is going to cause a big disaster real soon

new topics

top topics

join