It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Food E. coli Outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I was reading my local newspaper online this morning and I came across this article; about an e-coli outbreak via frozen foods. I think this is a serious issue and it may happen in other cities and states too; and so I wanted to bring it to ATS's attention.

Newspaper article: blogs.seattletimes.com...

This is a (class one) recall and it is a (high-risk) issue.

Within this article is a link on the frozen food brands that are being recalled.

I want everyone to be safe, healthy and aware...thus the above information.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the information and heads up. I always pay attention to those ecoli warnings! I had not seen this one, and fortunately I don't have any of that in my freezer.....that ecoli is nasty stuff! I wonder how many restaurants have purchased this stuff?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Thanks for the information and heads up. I always pay attention to those ecoli warnings! I had not seen this one, and fortunately I don't have any of that in my freezer.....that ecoli is nasty stuff! I wonder how many restaurants have purchased this stuff?

I wonder about the restaurants too; it just makes me also wonder about the companies that are making these frozen food products; what exactly is going on in their factories?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I see the article..

But I don't see the list..

Can you link the list?

I am in WA. state also..Thanks.....

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I see the article..

But I don't see the list..

Can you link the list?

I am in WA. state also..Thanks.....

In the article there is a link; please go back and click on to the article and you will see the link.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for posting this, I saw it yesterday too. Here is a link to the FDA recall website as well, they manage this at least decently.

www.fda.gov...

Be safe everyone!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Thank you for the added information; it really helps...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Not a problem, I have kept that link close since they started recalling spinach and lettuce while I was pregnant.
I was eating so many salads and it wasn't quite warm enough to start my gardens yet that year. I was so bummed.
You might be surprised how often there are recalls that don't make it to the top of the priority list and into the media.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here is a link to the USDA site and a complete list of all the products being recalled. www.fsis.usda.gov...&_Events/Recall_025_2013_Expanded/index.asp

I am surprised this has not been put out to the public via msm. Here is a quote from the USDA site:

At present, the outbreak includes 24 cases in 15 states that led to seven hospitalizations and one case of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS), a type of kidney failure.

Scary stuff, good catch OP.

To use the link, which takes you to the home page, click on 'News and Events" then "Recent recalls, frozen food snack. Sorry don't know why it does not take you to the right page.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I got a phone call from fry's yesterday saying that I bought some of this stuff that's being recalled.

Go to look in my freezer and yup I sure did! And I already ate half of it!

Doh!

new topics

top topics

join