It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way spiders move.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In my last thread, ATS member Raud commented on the smooth, calculated way the big tarantula walked. I noticed that too. I'm not an arachnaphobe. I actually think spiders are very cool, although even I get a tad unnerved when I see the way some spiders move with insane speed and agility. There are some small, dark brown wolf spiders that sometimes get in my house. When you approach them, it's like they just know the route to take for their escape. I would swear they're almost supernatural. The one time I actually confronted one in an open area of floor, I swear it disappeared. It must have found a tiny crack in the floor or baseboard that it squeezed through. Survival. Survival is cool.
I wasn't going to kill it. I was going to put it outside. If a spider comes inside, I'll move em outside. In the basement, I just leave alone. I've seen the little brown wolf spiders probably a dozen times, but haven't caught one yet.

Without further jibberjab, here are some cool links featuring out 8-legged buddies.

Spider movement

I'm gonna move right to my favorites now... The jumpers:

edit on 6-4-2013 by ColeYounger because: fix a link

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Nice, but you forgot this one

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4/6/2013 by SheldonCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Okay, now I've had my coffee and my heebie jeebies, now I can go on with my day, thanks. lol, cool vids!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I love jumping spiders. They're awesome to watch and I always think they seem to have a cool personality, if that's possible with a spider...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

Classic! Reagan did a good spider walk.

top topics

join