It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Guide to Liberia(The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia)(DISCRETION ADVISED)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow, this place is crazy. Makes us look like a bunch of whiney babies in the USA.

USER DISCRETION ADVISED SERIOUS CONTENT

Welcome to The VICE Guide to Liberia. VICE travels to West Africa to rummage through the messy remains of a country ravaged by 14 years of civil war. Despite the United Nation’s eventual intervention, most of Liberia’s young people continue to live in abject poverty, surrounded by filth, drug addiction, and teenage prostitution. The former child soldiers who were forced into war have been left to fend for themselves, the murderous warlords who once led them in cannibalistic rampages have taken up as so-called community leaders, and new militias are lying in wait for the opportunity to reclaim their country from a government they rightly mistrust. America’s one and only foray into African colonialism is keeping a very uneasy peace indeed. In Part 1, VICE’s own Shane Smith provides a brief history lesson and some essential context for understanding what caused Liberia’s civil war and how things got so bad. Liberia was originally planned and founded as a homeland for former slaves back in 1821. But fast forward a bunch of years and a military coup and you find the First Liberian Civil War in 1989: yet another third-world regime change in which the US-backed opposition, led by Charles Taylor, overthrows a government unfriendly to US interests. Once in power, Taylor’s corrupt, dysfunctional government quickly finds itself under attack by local warlords, leading to the Second Liberian Civil War ten years later. From there things go from bad to total #.

Man these guys are ballsy... cannibalism, kids on drugs, and the worst things you can think of.... watching something like this really makes me appreciate my life in the USA a lot more. I really enjoy what VICE is doing as journalist and i hope they keep up the good work.
edit on 6-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
War is hell
This is what it breeds
What else is there to expect
As the law is what does not bleed

I know it is not this simple
as we live for what we believe
death is just one part of life
as we are defined by what we leave

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Im going to keep promoting VICE because they are an alternative news source with hard hitting articles, a show on HBO and serious reporting on issues that go places and do things others wont. This is what we are asking for and here we have it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Liberia started with so much promise and support yet has descended to a true hell on earth. Not a garden spot I would want to go to. S&F

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I also watched this video, and i can only recommend people to watch it.
It truly shows whats goin on, in other parts of the world as we speak.

"things goes from bad to severely fu**ed up - its a civil war on steroids, childsoldiers smoking h*rion, cross dressing cannibals, systematic rapes - its total hell on earth"

"the sound of death is the sound of music to us"

Its really worth wathcing - enjoy

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Im going to keep promoting VICE because they are an alternative news source with hard hitting articles, a show on HBO and serious reporting on issues that go places and do things others wont.

Have you seen any of their other videos?

You can see more here...

www.vice.com...

or if you prefer youtube...

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy...

top topics

join