It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more pork chops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The geniuses at pork.org and beef.org are going to change the names to certain cuts of meat. Doing away with the pork chop name....WTF!

They are doing this to 350 cuts of meat to make it easier for the consumer...

But if they do change the name of bacon, they should name it Heaven. (Yes I know bacon isn't a cut of meat, it comes from pork belly...or whatever they decide to call it...maybe they should call pork belly Stairway (horrible joke I know)).

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Wait, to make it easier for consumers?

How flamin' easy do people want it. Soon we'll be able to buy pre-chewed food, so mothers can buy the family dinner in the same aisle as they buy the baby food.

It's PRE CHEWED!!! How many more minutes can this shave off the working adults day. More minutes to tweet their favourite chunk of carrot.

First you had to hunt an animal. Slaughter it. Bleed it. Dismember it. Store it. But that got too hard.
Then you had to work to buy the pre-hunted animal. That cost too much.
Then you had to eat less nutrition and more preservatives in cheaper food. That made you fat.
Then your kids couldn't cook a chunk of non-descript meat without wasting it. Need to buy more.
Now your kids can't pronounce the meat they need to buy 10 chunks. They change the names.

Enjoy your fluffy giggle waffles and slices of warm happy moomoo.

Doesn't really matter anyway, most of the prime cuts you buy are just pieces of cheap meats glued together with a blood by product anyway and sold for the highest price.

edit on 6-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Explanation: S&F!

Pork chops are now ribeyes as meat industry renames cuts (P.J. Huffstutter, Reuters | Updated: 04/04/2013) [porknetwork.com]

pork.org

Pork Cuts to Get New Consumer-Friendly Names at the Meat Case [pork.org]

New Cut Names Backed by Research
Before the renaming process took shape, the National Pork Board and the National Cattlemen's Beef Association collaborated on in-depth research over an 18-month period. The research showed consumers are often confused by the different names for similar cuts of meat and, as a result, do not know how to cook a variety of cuts now available in the meat case.

To overcome this challenge, the National Pork Board is working to simplify pork cut names and include basic usage and preparation information on the package. Several cuts of pork will now match the names for similar beef cuts for easier consumer identification and preparation. New pork names to look for in the meat case include:

· Pork Porterhouse Chop (previously a loin chop)

· Pork Ribeye Chop, bone-in (previously a rib chop center)

· Pork Ribeye Chop (previously a rib chop)

· Pork New York Chop (previously a top loin chop)

The new cut names will eventually align with the foodservice industry as well to provide a consistent consumer perception of pork at restaurants and at home.

Personal Disclosure: I reserve the right to call them all silly pork chops ok!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Try for adding the info and links. Was gonna do it myself, but it would've involved me throwing the wife's tablet through a window. This thing has a mind of its own at times...

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Explanation: You are welcome!
Starred!

Personal Disclosure: I bought a phablet within the last week .. I set the alarm... you'd think a single screen tap would stop it ringing :shk: ... NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

edit on 6-4-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Efited to fix broken emoticon bbcode.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: You are welcome!
Starred!

Personal Disclosure: I bought a phablet within the last week .. I set the alarm... you'd think a single screen tap would stop it ringing :shk: ... NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

edit on 6-4-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Efited to fix broken emoticon bbcode.

You need to hit the power button, wake it up from screen saver mode, this will lock up the homescreen app which will then cause a FS on the alarm, which will continue to beep, meaning you have to wake up enough to hold the power button until you get the "Power down, restart" options, then tap restart. This will bring up the "So you want to restart? really?" dialogue, which you then tap YES on. This will then sit there, dimmed, for 2 minutes. When it reboots and everything has settled, it's now 8:45 and you're late.

top topics

join