It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dream: China bombing mainland Britain - I now want a bug out strategy,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by HelenConway

I say let them try, they need to move an army across the ocean and survive the beach assault. Good luck on that one, 80% of there force will be decimated before they get to land. And thats when there real troubles will just start.

Safest place to be is in Adelaide where i am!

I don't think so. They could for example invade Western Australia and split the country. They could then dig in and entrench their position. The huge land mass is going to be a challenge for the defenders and the attackers.
China's military capabilities are far greater then Australia's just by virtue of their numbers - largest army in the world.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I don't think so. They could for example invade Western Australia and split the country. They could then dig in and entrench their position. The huge land mass is going to be a challenge for the defenders and the attackers.
China's military capabilities are far greater then Australia's just by virtue of their numbers - largest army in the world.

Some problems with that scenarios is that they need to move a large force to Western australian coast undetected (wouldnt be possible). I know the section of the western Australian coast you refer to it leads into the the most inhospitable part of the country, with out constant food and water an army would be decimated in no time. No point digging in cause we hed their supply line strangled.

You are correct about numbers but what you not appreciating is the vulnerability of moving a large force across ocean to attack, then what remains and gets here needs constant resupply just to survive. Just aint gonna happen for them.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well I hope you are right. I hope that my dream is nothing more then a fantasy. However - in the dream they just appeared and there was an aerial bombardment - the city was being destroyed before the army was dropped via parachute.

People were terrified, in shock, vulnerable with no seen military back up.

Even if the govt / military saw them coming with a few hours notice - could they retaliate affectively ????

My dream was in Britain .. but I remember thinking about Australia and knowing that they were in trouble too.

If the Chinese did the above to Perth - people would flee into the country but the Chinese could hit the other populations centres, Collie, Broome, Derby etc
edit on 6-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You do realise that australia has US bases here. Im guessing it as a reasonable guess that we have nuclear weapons here on this soil targeting china, just as a backup in case they ever try to pull that stunt. It be foolish to ever say china wont try, and personally i think one day they may push out miltarily beyond their borders but its also be naive for them to think where not ready for it.

Even if the govt / military saw them coming with a few hours notice - could they retaliate affectively ????

If they moved a large force this way we would know a week in advance from satelite imagery.

edit on 6-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I know that American Military bases are all over the world.

How would you know weeks in advance ??? I know you would see the advance of the fleet of aircrafts and ships as they converge on Australia hours before but weeks ???

Any war like this would likely be fought under the umbrella of the nuclear umbrella MAD benefits noone, no power.

Anyway - is it possible for them to hit Britain ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

How would you know weeks in advance ??? I know you would see the advance of the fleet of aircrafts and ships as they converge on Australia hours before but weeks ???

There is bases US and Australian, which are dedicated to analysing satellite imaginary of the whole region around China, for the soul purpose of identifying ship and aircraft movements. The size of force you are referring to would be detected the moment it left China. The fact that such a large force is even being built up would put all action plans for relaliation on alert.

The scenario you are talking about really is a WWIII scenario. China would only be making a play for Australia in a WWIII scenario.

Dont worry ill protect you in Oz.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Evan i am really hoping it is a fantasy. I have a history of dreams like this coming true in one way or another. It could be that the chinese and the aerial bombardments are metaphors for what is happening in Britain - ie we are going down and we are not retaliating or fighting. We are just confused and hiding.

It was really frightening anyway. I remember thinking what a wonderful life I had before how safe I was - something I always took for granted.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Rest safely, it is completely unrealistic for the Chinese to launch an airborne attack against the UK. None of their aircraft have the range. And even if they did, to get here they'd have to overfly several NATO countries, none of which would allow China to fly military aircraft through their airspace.

Plus our long-distance early warning radar would pick them up long before they got here. And as much maligned as the Typhoon is, it is an excellent anti-aircraft fighter. So even if the Chinese did suddenly develop long distance aircraft, or found a friendly country to stage out of, they'd have a serious fight on their hand getting anywhere near the UK.

The only way China could attack the UK would be with ICBMs. And if the Chinese are going to start launching ICBMs, they're looking at a massive retaliatory strike via British and American ICBMs.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Yes but again this a WWIII scenario.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Thank you painter - what are the 'I things' etc ???

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yes but again this a WWIII scenario.

Well that does not make me feel better

Plus anyone any idea what blue substance could be sprayed out of the aircraft like a sort of blue gas ??
It was a dream so it could be my imagination - but people were collapsing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Well that does not make me feel better.

You need to appreciate in a WWIII scenario everyone is stuffed. Radiation and destruction everywhere, the world economy shut down. A WWIII scenario is unlikely because no one can win it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Well that does not make me feel better.

You need to appreciate in a WWIII scenario everyone is stuffed. Radiation and destruction everywhere, the world economy shut down. A WWIII scenario is unlikely because no one can win it.

Only if nuclear war heads are released and as I stated MAD is in no ones interest so in fact a WW3 scenerio could be fought under a nuclear umbrella - with maybe targeted attacks.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Only if nuclear war heads are released and as I stated MAD is in no ones interest so in fact a WW3 scenerio could be fought under a nuclear umbrella - with maybe targeted attacks.

Is this why you are moving to Australia because you think in a WWIII scenario that UK is nuclear toast.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Is this why you are moving to Australia because you think in a WWIII scenario that UK is nuclear toast.

No No - I am not trying to scare monger honestly.

It was such a vivid dream - it is still with me now. I feel really uncomfortable but as stated in my dream Britain was being destroyed. I am also obliged to Britain, to defend her
I love Britain.

But I am not military trained so I would not be much use .. but anyway it scared me that dream.

As stated it was not a nuclear attack it was an invasion and convention / chemical weapons.

Also as stated before - MAD benefits NO ONE. It is unlikely to occur,.

Plus if Britain is toast courtesy of China so is Australia

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

No No - I am a dual citizen - I am wanting to go back to Aus for a while. I am obliged to defend Australia - I made a pledge

Your a sweet soul, that is very noble of you.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

No No - I am a dual citizen - I am wanting to go back to Aus for a while. I am obliged to defend Australia - I made a pledge

Your a sweet soul, that is very noble of you.

My decision to go to Australia has nothing to do with war
just to be clear and I do not intend to go there permanently - for now

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

My decision to go to Australia has nothing to do with war just to be clear and I do not intend to go there permanently - for now

If your decision is not war then it must be love, the forces of both are interwined amicably like a double edged samuri sword.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
creepy that you had this dream last night cause I had the same dream except I was looking outside my window with my girlfriend and there were multiple nuclear detonations. It was so real that my cat was in it too and we all held each other waiting for the blast I could see bright light and felt the heat of the radiation until we both collapsed then i woke up.....
. This isn't the first time this dream has happened either except the last time it was a lil different and it was NK not china.

edit on 6-4-2013 by LemaEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

It's all the news reports on the possible war, plus talking about it so much on ats.
I dreamed that I was captured by the North Koreans, and other people were trying to break me out of the compound.
There was a nice large Shepherd type dog, that chewed through the fence to finally free me

I can only imagine the nightmares of the people in South Korea and Japan.
They have an immediate worry of the situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join