Got questions about bitcoin? Ask them here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How long is it taking you to mine bitcoins?

What hardware are you using?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Actually I suggest you don't use an online wallet, not to store anyway. Too many of them have been hacked recently.
Run wallet (bitcoin-qt is best I think) on your own computer, make an offline backup like a flash drive.

The blockchain.info wallet service should be perfectly fine, the people who made it know what they are doing. And no one has the time to download the blockchain these days, only miners really need it. I'd recommend using Electrum or MultiBit instead for those people who don't want to trust online wallet services.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why would anyone put money into currency that is more make believe than the currency we are using now? Bitcoin is just another ponzi scheme.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm just posting here so I can come back later. I've looked into bitcoin a little and I have a few questions about it. Maybe a lot of those questions will be answered when I return.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There are other types of Alternative Cryptocurrencies - Litecoin, Namecoin, and new Bytecoin -- if you want to get in on the beginnings of a new currency, look at Bytecoin-- it is just beginning, and easy to mine by yourself.

The technology required to mine just one Bitcoin these days is immense, and not feasible for most people.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How to use bitcoins for the non techkie user.

and how to turn cash into bit coin

There are a ton of vids on youtube but I have no time to post them right now

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Why would anyone put money into currency that is more make believe than the currency we are using now? Bitcoin is just another ponzi scheme.

Why would you continue posting lies when you know very well what you say isn't true?

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by sarahlm

In some cases, people have ‘lost’ thousands of euros from their accounts because of the fault while others have thousands of euros too much, Nos television reported.

Glitch, Glitch, Glitch…BANK FAIL!

Ahaha... and this is what they call "real hard" Government money, where as currencies like bitcoin are just "virtual fake" money. So how come the fake money isn't prone to these types of glitches and isn't easy to manipulate like the real money is?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I lost a few hundred $$ speculating with bitcoin (because the exchange I was dealing with got hacked not due to poor speculation) but I was lucky - I know of others who lost tens of thousands of real $$ in the heist.

The problem with Bitcoin is theres no regulation, which oddly enough promoters of the currency claim is one of its many benefits...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You couldn't be more wrong. Wow.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to find information about (bitcoins) that had explanations that were easy to understand.

Here is what I found (Bitcoin for Dummies)...

Link: bitcointalk.org...

Scroll down the page a bit; and a lot is explained.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
My original 10 cent tip is now worth 0.01201078 BTC $ 3.00.

Woot! I made 3 bucks off a dime!

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join