It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something large in Loch Ness on Google Earth Online - Nessie?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
i can remember a story that my grandmother and her sisters told me many times as a child about one of the family going loch fishing in a boat he never returned and the next day was found dead in the boat in the loch dead from a heart attack with a horrible look on his face but his hair had gone from jet black to snow white over night .

they always maintained that loch ness connects to other lochs but his hair turning white sure shocked them

That's a better testimony to something dangerous and out of the ordinary than a lot of the sightings! If that happened these days, I wonder what they would do to determine why the hair changed so fast.

What are your personal opinions, and those of family, about just what this creature might be?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i was young when i heard those storys about the guy being found dead with white hair but i heard them numerous times over the years .

but it did shock them the way they used to go on about it and the look of horror in the mans face who was found in the boat .

i used to think it was a gimmick to get tourists but i worked at the construction of the visitor centre and spent a lot of time there at partys when i was young .

too many people have seen things especially old fishermen who would not talk about it for fear of ridicule .

it used to be my chat up line with the tourists do you want to see hamish the kilt monster

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't believe that the Loch Ness monster exists... Sure, maybe in the 60s and 70s, they could have gotten away with that... But if they really wanted to find it, they have much better sonar and dive equipment these days...

But the myth goes on. Why? Because if they disproved it, it would hurt tourism.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
wouldnt this be a wake from a boat on the water???

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

i was young when i heard those storys about the guy being found dead with white hair but i heard them numerous times over the years .

but it did shock them the way they used to go on about it and the look of horror in the mans face who was found in the boat .

i used to think it was a gimmick to get tourists but i worked at the construction of the visitor centre and spent a lot of time there at partys when i was young .

too many people have seen things especially old fishermen who would not talk about it for fear of ridicule .

it used to be my chat up line with the tourists do you want to see hamish the kilt monster

I can understand why people might believe that it's all a tourist ploy, but I simply can't believe that myself, considering how many people see things there. Yes, some can be optical illusions. I have seen video of what looked like a long-necked creature, that ended up being a bird, for example, and some uncertain thing moving around could make a person believe they'd seen a "monster". Still, many sightings are up close, and not during conditions that would suggest an illusion, or a case of mistaken identity. Plus, there were sightings long before the area was even open to tourists, and ther eare many old legends of large creatures in these lakes.

I would love a chance to hear personal accounts!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
I don't believe that the Loch Ness monster exists... Sure, maybe in the 60s and 70s, they could have gotten away with that... But if they really wanted to find it, they have much better sonar and dive equipment these days...

But the myth goes on. Why? Because if they disproved it, it would hurt tourism.

Sonar equipment has produced some interesting finds, at various times. It's also a very large lake, and covering it a;;, at the same time, would be most difficult. I don't know that anyone has attempted this. Diving in the loch is difficult at best. The water is filled with peat sediment, and VERY hard to see through, even in shallow waters. Even in the ocean, we can be surprised by new discoveries. The megamouth shark was TOTALLY unknown, even from fossil records, until being discovered in, I think, 1976. That's in clear ocean. So, it's very possible that a large creature could hide in a murky lake. I can understand the skepticism, because looking at the evidence is a good thing. However, I think there is enough to consider that this could be something real. More than one thing, if you want my complete opinion.

Originally posted by HomerinNC
wouldnt this be a wake from a boat on the water???

I did consider that, when I saw it. I spent a great deal of time looking around for boat wakes, and found many. I found many other waves as well. None looked as regular and solid as this. I don't know what it is, but it seems to straight and regular to be a tree, and it's large.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Looks like someone may have their nets out. I wonder what kind of fish out there.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Looks like someone may have their nets out. I wonder what kind of fish out there.

I considered nets, but there is nothing there to indicate that this is a net. No irregularities at the edges, no little pieces sticking out, nothing.

As for fish, the lake has quite a variety.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by rickymouse

I considered nets, but there is nothing there to indicate that this is a net. No irregularities at the edges, no little pieces sticking out, nothing.

As for fish, the lake has quite a variety.

When it comes to fish it's mainly Brown Trout,Ferox Trout,Artic Char with Sea Trout and Salmon passing through seasonally.There's also Eels plus supposedly Pike but they'd tend to be near Drumnadrochit bay,if they're there at all,as Pike like a flat weedy environment (being ambush predators) and Loch Ness is mostly steeply shelved.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

That sounds about like what I have read about the area. Never been, though I would love to go - from all reports, it's beautiful! And yes, I would bring a camera.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

one of the things i heard was something crossing the road in front of a fisherman this was 30 years ago i heard this so i cannot remember all the details but he was a old guy and embarrased by telling it but i believed his story and to many people i know who stay right beside the loch say this to .

it is rumored to connect to the sea and have many caves in its depths and be connected to other lochs well according to the locals who maintain there is something in the loch but the food for such a creature is a problem and i do not believe in things unless i see them but my 2 cents think it could be some sort of eel a story just in in sunday paper www.sundaymail.co.uk page 29 loch morar has made a come back after 20 years morag
is the name they gave to this one but it is the loch i have heard is connected to loch ness
edit on 25/8/13 by geobro because: new info

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
With the google Earth ruler, it measures about 107 feet, by roughly 5 foot.
There are other 'string' like things. Which don't look like waves, as you can see faintly the waters waves are at a different angle.
But in particular look for the village at the Eastern end of the Loch, Dores, then that big bit of headland North of it, end of a beach, all covered with trees, all over the water to the West of the land is lots of those white bits.
One in particular looks like a noose shape, like some big bit of rubbish or something.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

one of the things i heard was something crossing the road in front of a fisherman this was 30 years ago i heard this so i cannot remember all the details but he was a old guy and embarrased by telling it but i believed his story and to many people i know who stay right beside the loch say this to .

it is rumored to connect to the sea and have many caves in its depths and be connected to other lochs well according to the locals who maintain there is something in the loch but the food for such a creature is a problem and i do not believe in things unless i see them but my 2 cents think it could be some sort of eel a story just in in sunday paper www.sundaymail.co.uk page 29 loch morar has made a come back after 20 years morag
is the name they gave to this one but it is the loch i have heard is connected to loch ness
edit on 25/8/13 by geobro because: new info

Now that's not the same story I heard! This one was old, from a book, and was some couple driving one night. So, more than one account of whatever it is being on land!

I think the food issue isn't really a problem, since there are supposed to be a ton of fish, eels, etc in the loch. I have read about this for decades (literally since I was a child), and this includes several skeptic's reviews. I can't shake feeling there is something there.

I hadn't heard the recent stuff on Morar Maggie - will have to look that up!

Originally posted by eniar
With the google Earth ruler, it measures about 107 feet, by roughly 5 foot.
There are other 'string' like things. Which don't look like waves, as you can see faintly the waters waves are at a different angle.
But in particular look for the village at the Eastern end of the Loch, Dores, then that big bit of headland North of it, end of a beach, all covered with trees, all over the water to the West of the land is lots of those white bits.
One in particular looks like a noose shape, like some big bit of rubbish or something.

Yes, it's HUGE. I saw a few others, including, I think, the one you mention by the village. This one was the clearest, and it's no wave; I agree!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

i think that story goes back to 1929? with the couple in the car but the story i was told happened well after that .

i have worked in the village of Dores and know a few people their who say they have seen things that they cannot explain

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Yeah, that's a pretty old story. I would love to hear any stories you have gathered!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join