It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something large in Loch Ness on Google Earth Online - Nessie?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
looks like either 1. a very large log or stick or number 2. a large eel like creature.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
looks like either 1. a very large log or stick or number 2. a large eel like creature.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Maybe it's some kind of net from a fish farm or something? I would love it to be a creature though

I thought about that, but we don't have enough resolution to be sure. I would expect to see something more irregular from a net, with some vague areas at the edges.

Originally posted by Frocharocha
Very unlikely to be a plessiosaurs, a zeuglodon, or a fish. Btw, there are reports of plessiosaurs not only on loch ness, but on other lakes around Loch ness as well, but the monsters have different names.

Well, the shape is all wrong for a plesiosaur sort (unlike that other cool one, from a couple of years ago, which you can't see in the online version now. I have read a TON of reports of the plesiosaur types, from all over, and also many reports of more serpent-like creatures, very large. If this is a creature, it would have to be the latter type.

Well ,my vote it's just a wave, there are reports of monsters in other twelve lakes around Loch, so it's possible that a plessiosaur population is alive and it might explain the report of1921, when a man saw a plessiosaurs crossing the roads, if they are small enough, they probably will have enough force to leave the lake when the food become scare.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This response is based on the photo provided to start the thread.

The captured item of interest does not appear to be a wave as there are no mini waves around it, Similarly, while waves can be uniform, it seems too "connected". Combined with the fact that strange occurrences have been reported at Loch Ness I therefore conclude the item of interest is either
a) a massive log without obtrusions
b) a massive eel/sturgeon (See: latimesblogs.latimes.com...)

edit on 7-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

I think more likely the second. If someone's calculations are correct, and it's over 100 feet long? That's too big to be a straight stick.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frocharocha
Well ,my vote it's just a wave, there are reports of monsters in other twelve lakes around Loch, so it's possible that a plessiosaur population is alive and it might explain the report of1921, when a man saw a plessiosaurs crossing the roads, if they are small enough, they probably will have enough force to leave the lake when the food become scare.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

If you look around the site, you won't see ANY other "waves" that look like this. There are some waves, and some are pretty long, but they are distinctly different. Thinner, for the most part, not so regular, and definitely NOT serpentine in shape.

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
This response is based on the photo provided to start the thread.

The captured item of interest does not appear to be a wave as there are no mini waves around it, Similarly, while waves can be uniform, it seems too "connected". Combined with the fact that strange occurrences have been reported at Loch Ness I therefore conclude the item of interest is either
a) a massive log without obtrusions
b) a massive eel/sturgeon (See: latimesblogs.latimes.com...)

edit on 7-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: (no reason given)

Exactly! There aren't any other "waves" around that one, no boats or anything, either. It's the wrong shape for an old boat wake, in any case.

reply to post by Frocharocha

Yes, there are many reports of the plesiosaur type, in that lake, other lakes, and the ocean. There are also, as I have pointed out several times, many reports of snake- or eel-like creatures of great size, in all those places. Many are from Loch Ness. It's certainly possible that there is more than one "unknown" animal in the lake, in any case.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Nessie is probably freak wave action or a seal or two.....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Nessie is probably freak wave action or a seal or two.....

A hundred foot "wave" in a calm section of lake? That would be less likely than some large eel or other such animal. Seals? Hundred foot seals, that disguise themselves as a giant snake-like creature?

Check the location on the site yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It's one deep Loch, lots of strange wave action and currents in that loch....been there countless times....never even sniffed a monster...apart from some of the local talent. there's where i could tell you a story that would scare the beejeebus out ye.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

It is indeed very deep, and I won't totally rule out a wave....but....

In literally decades of watching programs, reading books, and looking online at stories, pics, videos, etc, I haven't ever seen a wave that looked like that one.

They are Scotsmen, so you have to expect some, um, interesting characters! I say that with all respect, as I have some roots from there, and suspect that is where some of my "quirks" come from!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

As far as size goes, it's hard to say. Based on the trees on shore, I would guesstimate (and wow, spell check didn't protest that...) something of at least 40-50 feet long. JUST a guess.

The coordinates indicate a length equal to 1 latitudinal second of arc, which would be 100 ft.

So, 100 ft long and about 3 ft wide. Nessie is a bit anorexic these days. Going for the supermodel look, I suppose.

Hmmm could it be a sunken stone wall? Seems relatively close to the shore. I don't know what levels the water were at historically though, so I lack that reference.

I will entertain the possibility of a mega water snake, but it is tenuous at best.

edit on 21-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by CLPrime

As far as size goes, it's hard to say. Based on the trees on shore, I would guesstimate (and wow, spell check didn't protest that...) something of at least 40-50 feet long. JUST a guess.

The coordinates indicate a length equal to 1 latitudinal second of arc, which would be 100 ft.

So, 100 ft long and about 3 ft wide. Nessie is a bit anorexic these days. Going for the supermodel look, I suppose.

Hmmm could it be a sunken stone wall? Seems relatively close to the shore. I don't know what levels the water were at historically though, so I lack that reference.

I will entertain the possibility of a mega water snake, but it is tenuous at best.

edit on 21-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

It is close to shore, so I won't say that isn't a possibility. I would wonder, though, if such a thing would be left, considering all the boat traffic. The only way to know would be to locate an older, or newer, image, and compare. That's a possibility I hadn't thought of, though.

I like the idea of a giant snake-like thing, in any case. It fits so many of the old "wurm" legends from various lakes. Multiple Nessies, of different types, would be kind of cool. Then again, it could be a shrieking eel, for all we know.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Wiki links for fun:
Dacian Draco
Wurm (Dragon)
Guivre / Vouivre
Balaur (Romanian)
Cockatrice
Wyvern

There exists a purely sea-dwelling variant, termed the sea-wyvern which has a fish tail in place of a barbed dragon's tail.

This one hits very close to home actually :
Lambton Worm

This reminds me of some far more ancient but also strangely related topics of mythological - cryptozoological creatures:
Hippocamp
Capricorn (Astrology Constellation)

The constellation is usually depicted as a ibex with a fish's tail (see Hippocamp).

Ceffyl Dwr
Pictish Beast
Leviathan
Jormungandr
Tiamat
Apep - Apophis (Egypt)

As the personification of all that was evil, Apep was seen as a giant snake/serpent, or occasionally as a dragon in later years, leading to such titles as Serpent from the Nile and Evil Lizard.

Although it is indeed the realm of myth, the stunning similarities between all of these stories give me pause for a moment and I consider that 1% possibility that a mega-sea snake may have or may exist. Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

All excellent links, and some I hadn't looked at in a while! Appreciate the contributions.

So many old legends. I have always believed that most legends hold at least a grain of truth. Creepy stuff!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Looks like Nessie lost some weight, she's like a stick figure, maybe going for that Twiggy look. I just don't see it, it looks like people are picking at straws here.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by illum1nat1
Looks like Nessie lost some weight, she's like a stick figure, maybe going for that Twiggy look. I just don't see it, it looks like people are picking at straws here.

Well, depends on the sightings you choose to read. An old book I have on Loch Ness talks about the problems someone trying to make a model would have, going by eyewitness accounts. The descriptions vary widely. If all true, they clearly are not all of the same sort of creature.

Considering that something as big as the megamouth shark could be totally unknown for a long time, I could believe more than one unknown thing could hide in a lake, especially if well-funded researchers weren't really looking, because they thought all the stories were untrue. Those sharks were totally unknown before the first one was caught.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Found something that struck me as funny last night. Apparently, this little thread made a Fortean site -

Google Earth User Finds “Something Large” in Loch Ness; Giant Eel?

So, does this make me famous in the realm of the weird?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i live very near the loch and have worked at the visitor center many years ago it is a deep loch which has caves that are supposed to connect with other lochs and even the sea .

the food supply that said creatures would need would be large but not impossible and too many old fishermen from the area have seen things but will not talk or fear of ridicule so who knows .

it is one of lifes mysteries better left alone and it keeps the tourists coming

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Ah, you live in a beautiful area, from all the pics I have seen! Agree that it's a great mystery, and the tourism is a good thing! The food supply is certainly enough, for a small population of whatever-it-is! Thanks for adding your personal knowledge.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by geobro

Ah, you live in a beautiful area, from all the pics I have seen! Agree that it's a great mystery, and the tourism is a good thing! The food supply is certainly enough, for a small population of whatever-it-is! Thanks for adding your personal knowledge.
i can remember a story that my grandmother and her sisters told me many times as a child about one of the family going loch fishing in a boat he never returned and the next day was found dead in the boat in the loch dead from a heart attack with a horrible look on his face but his hair had gone from jet black to snow white over night .

they always maintained that loch ness connects to other lochs but his hair turning white sure shocked them

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join