It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beretta Leaves Maryland Because Of Stricter Gun Laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

TEXAS - Please Beretta - Please come to Texas! We need more firearms manufacturers here in the republic.

Well...it may not be Beretta, but we are getting a part of Colt.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

BRECKENRIDGE (CBS 11 NEWS) – A firearms company that makes AR-15 style rifles for the iconic brand Colt, will open a plant in Breckenridge in Stephens County. Oregon company Bold Ideas confirmed the development Friday.

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state

Now hopefully more come down to our state.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
I love my Beretta M9. Traded in my Glock 19 and used what I got from that to go towards the M9. Nearly 1,000 rounds through it and still love it.

I say, good for Beretta to leave that state. Hopefully other major gun industries follow.

ETA - Relocate to Texas.
edit on 6-4-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

By all indications, Texas will become it's own last stand against our governments tyrannical incursion into every aspect of life. Maybe even secede..? Texas is quickly gaining a newfound monetary base along with a growing polarized citizenry. It may become the last island of what the founding fathers envisioned America to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I don't need a gun. some sissy with a beretta takes one look at me and he'll drop it and run

I'm sure they'll be utterly terrified. Ninjas are scary.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I don't need a gun. some sissy with a beretta takes one look at me and he'll drop it and run

I'm sure they'll be utterly terrified. Ninjas are scary.

dude. I have a beer belly AND a goatee. the funny thing is beretta is leaving, not shutting down, and there are a few more gun makers out there

you watch, year from now there will be record numbers of gun owners in the US. probably 10 -15 % more than there are now.

so if there is a "who benefitted from it" conspiracy angle, the potus isn't even on the list

this place cracks me up. no logic, just hysterical assumptions based on old prejudices

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I never said anything about politics. Let me ask you this which is more for America a party that offers tax breaks to bring jobs back to America or the party which blocked the bill so jobs wouldn't move back here? But seeing how you are one of the people who thinks the states should bow to foreign demands will you be cheering when they finally take over control? I would say yes you would.

That's all well and good, but didn't Beretta have employees in that plant? 400, I believe. I guess Maryland really didn't need those jobs, and neither did the people who are now out of work.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Gun ownership in the US was in a decline for many years before the Democrats started their anti-gun legislation.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Sorry, I thought you were 'one of those'. This forum (and almost everywhere else, too) is filled with self-proclaimed bada**es with super ninja skills who probably couldn't beat up a stray starving kitten. Its one of my biggest online annoyances.

But yes, you're right that gun ownership rates are skyrocketing. Certainly, the Obama administration and the Democratic party badly miscalculated the reaction they were going to get back in January.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Good on them. More companies and people need to do this. Remove the tax revenues from those states that are stripping away freedoms. Maybe they will learn when they run deficits for a couple of years.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Ummm...Gotta love the CX4 Storm carbine...I love the .45, although you can get it in the .40 and 9mm as well. I also love how it takes about 3 seconds to break this weapon down for cleaning and 3 more for reassembly. Pop the pin, slide the upper and lower apart and remove the bolt...voila.

The carbine I love to hate is the Hi-point...Love their lifetime warranty, but trying to break it down for cleaning becomes an expletive laden bitch fest that could turn Walter Mitty into a...Hulk...smash...Hyde character after the first 15 min.

I'm glad to see Berretta making this move, and I wish them all the best, they have the most innovative firearms as far as I'm concerned...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

As a KS resident, our Senate just passed the Second Amendment Protection Act yesterday after it passed the House. Now it's just waiting to be signed. For those that do not know, it is a copy of the Firearms Freedom Act, anything stamped Made in KS is void to Federal Regulations including Suppressors, Short Barreled Rifles and even full auto. Adding onto that, our bill makes it a felony for any state or government official to attempt gun confiscation from a non-criminal and makes "gun free zones" (I mean shooting ranges for the insane to be politically incorrect) void without metal detectors and armed guards present.

I hope Beretta moves here just to get some extra manufacturers, but I think it may be too far of a move.
edit on 7-4-2013 by BobSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

And it's only uphill after 1k or so rounds, finally broken in.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by buster2010
It's funny how many people in this thread that thinks an American state should make it's laws to suit a foreign company. Small wonder why foreign companies have so much control in America because there are getting to be fewer real Americans who put America first everyday. If Beretta doesn't like the laws here they can go back to the country they came from.

Or....they can just move to another state.

Best. Retort. Ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Texas or Arizona. The Left Coast and liberal Northeast are what caused this mess in the first place.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daveinats

not all of us on the east coast and north east are liberal. I'll be sorry to see Beretta go but I can't say I blame them one bit. Many of us in the right side of left-land will be following suit.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Note that the company is just playing politics

And why not? That is the free market. I say let them teach these gun grabbers a lesson.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Just because you pass laws do you really think people won't get things black market?

Locks can be picked. By your er um "logic", since locks can be picked, there is no reason to lock your doors.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Nobody is grabbing guns. You might want to research the law before spouting NRA nonsense.

Maryland is for all intents and purposes part of the DC metropolis. Do you really think some metal turning business means much of anything to Maryland? Seriously?

It is the beginning of the end for the NRA. In a nation of well over 100 million gun owners, the NRA can only get a small percentage to join (runs from 2% to 3%). That is because the NRA is bat crap crazy. They don't represent gun owners, they represent manufacturers, which is the main source of their revenue. The NRA is not the gun owners friend, and the soon they shut down, the better.

The NRA has sent me a membership invitation for at least the last 20 years because they know I'm a likely candidate to join. I just rip them up. At one time the NRA was about gun safety and people, but that was about 40 years ago.

Funny how so many patriots listen to Wayne La Piere de Fecal matter, who is a draft dodger.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

you watch, year from now there will be record numbers of gun owners in the US. probably 10 -15 % more than there are now.

If you look at the statistics, those who are buying guns already have guns. There aren't a whole lot of new owners. Rather the NRA spews some nonsense about gun grabbing, and the sheep obey. Remember, the NRA represents the gun manufacturers, not the people.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow.. thats pretty big. Bring them on over here.. we're gonna need that ammunition when the time comes.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

yeah im with ya on that the reason i was gonna get the 9mm from beretta was that i have a highpoint 45 carbine and yeah that thing is the most ridiculous thing to take down that i have ever tried to work on,and on hipoints warrenty i sent my 45 hand gun in to them cuz i bent the sites and sent it with out a magazine they sent me not one but two back with it as well as ghost ring night sites (they have the glowy trintium) at no cost to me never have i had better customer service from a company in my life and kinda hard to argue with a .45 acp for under $150 sure aint pretty but it gets the job done

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join